Baseball

Posted by: dwatkins

Baseball - 10/13/17 12:54 AM

It's been a crazy playoff I don't know who to root for.

Sorry got drunk and started a baseball thread on PP. Oops
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Baseball - 10/13/17 08:23 AM

I know who to root against. The Dodgers can eat a fat one. I am cheering cubs for the repeat. If it ends up NY vs LA it will be the only time I probably ever cheer on the sh!tty yanks. Being able to hate on the Fodgers is almost as satisfying as watching the Giants win. Unfortunately my team tanked this year. And does anyone care about Houston? Other than Texans that is.

Re: Baseball - 10/13/17 09:19 AM

Guess I'll go for Houston. I have a deep hatred for the other teams especially the cubs and maddon with his smug pseudo intellectual style. He's the kind of new wave 'man' that would use his wife's last name or at least a hyphen.

What I'm trying to say is he's a c.unt

Re: Baseball - 10/13/17 09:28 AM

Originally Posted By: dwatkins
Guess I'll go for Houston. I have a deep hatred for the other teams especially the cubs and maddon with his smug pseudo intellectual style.

What I'm trying to say is he's a c.unt

He sure was being one last night! Fun game. I was hoping the Cubs would choke it off. They tried really hard but couldn't quite swing it.

Re: Baseball - 10/13/17 09:30 AM

Oh btw reef your stew rocks. Thanks for the recipe

Re: Baseball - 10/30/17 05:50 PM

It’s been a pretty cool World Series
Posted by: Sol Duc

Re: Baseball - 10/31/17 12:09 AM

I'm not a baseball fan, but these last few games have been off the hook. I would like to see Houston win it all.
Posted by: Carcassman

Re: Baseball - 11/02/17 09:05 AM

I agree Hank. If Ellay had Kershaw, he starts. I mean, you go with your best in Game 7. Dodgers used to do that.

Re: Baseball - 11/04/17 06:35 PM

As a Giants fan, I couldnt be happier laugh

Re: Baseball - 11/04/17 06:44 PM

The Giants are the Pats of football.....dynasty.

Re: Baseball - 11/04/17 06:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Hankster
Originally Posted By: Carcassman
I agree Hank. If Ellay had Kershaw, he starts. I mean, you go with your best in Game 7. Dodgers used to do that.

Back in the days when men were men (1965), Sandy Koufax pitched 9 innings and threw 130 pitches in a 3-hit Game 7 shutout against the Twins, striking out 10 and walking 3 on 2 days rest.

We were eating at a swanky restaurant in Sun Valley, Sandy Koufax and his wife and another couple were eating next to us. I didn't know that was him until the waiter told us. Sounds like Randy and Sandy were the best left handed pitchers in baseball.
Posted by: Carcassman

Re: Baseball - 11/04/17 06:52 PM

And that was after throwing a shutout in Game 4. At least in my lifetime there has never been a better Big Game, it's all on the game than Sandy.

Re: Baseball - 11/06/17 07:43 AM

That is why Madison Bumgarner is the man. He actually won game 7 for SF in 2014. I like Kershaw but he just isnt as good in clutch sitiations. He is still a fantastic pitcher.