Crypto-Currencies

Posted by: Lucky Louie

Crypto-Currencies - 12/29/17 03:30 PM

Bitcoin has brought crypto currencies and its blockchain technology to light in the media, but going forward their technology works at a slugs pace compared to other blockchain companies. I wouldn’t be surprised to see at least several companies that will surpass bitcoin’s dominant market cap presence.

As of right now there are 1369 various crypto currencies from around the world. The past couple of months I’ve been researching the business plan white papers on those currencies.

It wouldn’t be a big surprise to see 95% fail with some big winners--as seen coming out of the .com era.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Crypto-Currencies - 12/29/17 03:51 PM

Crypto Currencies are a pyramid scam, Its a way to get suckers to put their money in a system which is backed by nothing where it can easily be taken by the likes of big banks, or other big investors, Goldman put billions into bitcoin which inflated it and sucked a lot of small investors in before the big sell off. its a good way to transfer wealth from one to another without actually stealing it.
Posted by: Sol Duc

Re: Crypto-Currencies - 12/29/17 11:06 PM

Once the Crypto currency king emerges, the Govt will shut them down once and for all.

Re: Crypto-Currencies - 12/30/17 05:14 AM

Originally Posted By: RICH G
Crypto Currencies are a pyramid scam,

I’m not a big fan of bitcoin or a majority of alt coins either, but lumping all companies in this sector together as scams is like looking at amazons business model back in the 90’s and not getting in on the ground floor of investing in it by brushing it aside and calling it a scam because few had the vision Bezo’s had. There will be some very strong companies that will come out of the blockchain tech sector just like what came out of the dot com era.

In fact, over one hundred companies have partnered with one of the altcoins already and instead of taking 3-5 days for money transactions to clear, especially over borders, takes 3-5 minutes. Banks and credit card companies are already interested in this company because their competitors will gain a competitive edge over them by saving time and money per transaction-- improving their bottom line. Time will tell if all banks will embrace this technology or get run over by it. I wouldn't be surprised if this company didn't surpass bitcoin in market cap somewhere down the road.

Rumor has it Amazon has interest in this technology as well.

My intent for this thread was to measure if this technology had gone main stream yet and according to the non interest, I’ll take that as I’m in on the ground floor.

Go Huskies!
Posted by: Dan S.

Re: Crypto-Currencies - 12/30/17 01:26 PM

You aren't on the ground floor. But close. Blockchain technology is going to have an impact in virtually all industries and sectors.

Re: Crypto-Currencies - 12/31/17 09:26 AM

The US dollar doesn't have much inherent value, either. Nor does any fiat currency. I'm interested to see what happens with bitcoin over the next few years - let's just say I need more than a negative review from RICH to write it off.
Posted by: NickD90

Re: Crypto-Currencies - 12/31/17 09:55 AM

The real, sustainable money is in blockchain backbone & infrastructure, not the products moving through it. I know a couple of guys that literally print money every month just for providing a simple service. They're the new Wall Street traders and they don't own a single Bitcoin or Ethereum.
Posted by: 5 * General Evo

Re: Crypto-Currencies - 12/31/17 10:28 AM

if you wanted to invest in bitcoin, you should have bought an Antminer 8 years ago... now, you are just going to lose money if you arent careful, and even if you are.....

Re: Crypto-Currencies - 12/31/17 10:50 AM

Evo, you should’ve got a job 8 years ago.

Re: Crypto-Currencies - 12/31/17 11:00 AM

same lame ass sh!t...

get some new stuff for the new year pussy....

Re: Crypto-Currencies - 12/31/17 12:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Evo
same lame ass sh!t...

get some new stuff for the new year pussy....

Too busy fishing when I’m not working, Nate.
Posted by: Sol Duc

Re: Crypto-Currencies - 12/31/17 12:54 PM

Now is the time to buy precious metals. thumbs

Re: Crypto-Currencies - 12/31/17 03:38 PM

I landed over 100 silvers this year, yeah, I don't fish....

Re: Crypto-Currencies - 12/31/17 03:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Evo
I landed over 100 silvers this year, yeah, I don't fish....

Lol rofl

I didn’t say you don’t fish. I did imply that you don’t work.

Flossing silvers in the Puyallup doesn’t really qualify as fishing in my book. Out of curiosity, when was the last time you caught a Steelhead?

Re: Crypto-Currencies - 12/31/17 04:34 PM

All were caught on bobbers, spoons, and spinners genius...

Steelhead, last January, a few very nice specimens...

Re: Crypto-Currencies - 12/31/17 04:41 PM

Pics?

Re: Crypto-Currencies - 01/01/18 10:21 AM

The one SD card he owns is full of blurry moon pics. Sorry, outta luck! stir

Re: Crypto-Currencies - 01/02/18 07:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Dan S.
The US dollar doesn't have much inherent value, either. Nor does any fiat currency. I'm interested to see what happens with bitcoin over the next few years

This article covers some of the bitcoin story and possibilities in coming years.

http://50wire.com/id/18166813567

Re: Crypto-Currencies - 01/09/18 01:43 PM

It has been 12 days since my original post on this thread and there are now 1,394 crypto currencies worldwide with a market cap worth over ¾ trillion dollars and rising fast. The crypto market never closes and since it is open 24/7-- 365 days a year you can never tell what you will wake up too-- market conditions left by those from the other side of the world. (Mostly good)

In those 12 days, I hope those that have read this have taken it as a tip to research, set up and fund an account to get their fair share if this is the right thing for you.

Re: Crypto-Currencies - 01/09/18 04:17 PM

Crypto currency is just a small segment of the whole block chain technology, too.

It looks like a sector that could be a very good place to invest near the ground floor.

Re: Crypto-Currencies - 01/09/18 08:07 PM

That's what I was saying up top. Invest in blockchain infrastructure, not the currencies running through it. People are treating Bitcoin (a currency) as a commodity and that's going to hurt a lot of investors really bad like. Not soft and gentle like before. But bad.....