Edgar Martinez HOF

Posted by: Sol Duc

Edgar Martinez HOF - 08/09/19 05:20 PM

I'm not in favor of designated hitter's making the HOF, except Gar. thumbs This guy was clutch. The best 2 strike hitter I've ever seen play. The guy is a class act on and off the field. Congrats to Edgar !!

beer

Re: Edgar Martinez HOF - 08/09/19 07:25 PM

gfy scam.
Posted by: Steelheadman

Re: Edgar Martinez HOF - 08/09/19 07:56 PM

You're a day late and a dollar short Sol Duc but it is Edgar weekend. Went and saw the induction from T-mobile a couple of weeks ago. I think tonight is Edgar bobble head night. Tomorrow night we're going and we get an Edgar HOF plaque. EDGAR weekend

I've reading his autobiography. Great hitter who had to excercise his eyes to overcome being cross eyed. He was a good third baseman before he was injured.

Re: Edgar Martinez HOF - 08/09/19 08:34 PM

Homer.... laugh
Posted by: Steelheadman

Re: Edgar Martinez HOF - 08/11/19 09:38 AM

Saw Edgar and listened to him speak at his HOF ceremony last night. Chorus of EDDDDDDGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRR!

Stood in line for an hour to get our pictures taken with his HOF plaque.

Got a mini replica too. I don't think they made 40K as there were a couple of cases left after the game.

Mariners can put fans in the stands with all the nostalgia from 1995-2001. Team this year is struggling and the roster has a lot of new younger players.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Edgar Martinez HOF - 08/11/19 10:09 AM

M's have had some great players over the years.
Posted by: fish4brains

Re: Edgar Martinez HOF - 08/11/19 11:56 AM

they're in the process of doing it right this time. Hard for lots of people to understand but the short sightedness of the last decade has created where we are right now. I'm a believer for the M's being a WAY better team in 2021. As far as DH in the HOF, all positions in the game should be considered.

Re: Edgar Martinez HOF - 08/11/19 03:24 PM

Randy Johnson won 7 Cy Young awards after he left. crazy

He was mad that the front office of the manures didn't console him, when his Father passed in the off season.