The Final Debate

Posted by: Streamer

The Final Debate - 10/22/20 06:28 PM

Both candidates so far are spewing things that are half truths or cherry picked data. Trump is looking much more composed than I expected.
Posted by: ondarvr

Re: The Final Debate - 10/22/20 06:53 PM

They are both doing better than I expected.

Facts may be a little on the fuzzy side.

Pinning Trump down a plan or a fact is still difficult.

Re: The Final Debate - 10/22/20 06:57 PM

Where's that button that cuts the microphone?
Posted by: dwatkins

Re: The Final Debate - 10/22/20 07:17 PM

I think they are both acting more like adults. Thank god for no flies.
Posted by: Steelheadman

Re: The Final Debate - 10/22/20 07:44 PM

Originally Posted By: dwatkins

It's nice to see a more civil debate. Looks like a draw to me.
Posted by: Illahee

Re: The Final Debate - 10/22/20 07:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Steelheadman

Unless your one of those 545 kids that were taken and now Trump can't find their parents because he departed them and didn't do the paper work.

Re: The Final Debate - 10/22/20 07:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Illahee

Unless your one of those 545 kids that were taken and now Trump can't find their parents because he departed them and didn't do the paper work.

No ability to be objective... only deranged. rofl

Re: The Final Debate - 10/22/20 08:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Streamer

Biten and drumph should really fuk the country and run on the same ticket.

Re: The Final Debate - 10/22/20 08:15 PM

Taking kids from their parents and then losing track of where you deported them to is a international human rights violation you fvckin moron.
I will not miss your dimwitted opinions.

Re: The Final Debate - 10/22/20 08:25 PM

You really are that fvckin stupid. As a matter of fact, you are the most pathetic person here aside from Richie G. This happened while Barrack Obama was in office and not a fvckin peep about it until it’s on Trumps time. You are such a fvckin party hack. Wipe your chin Biden Blower.

Re: The Final Debate - 10/22/20 08:50 PM

You really are that fvckin stupid. As a matter of fact, you are the most pathetic person here aside from Richie G. This happened while Barrack Obama was in office and not a fvckin peep about it until it’s on Trumps time. You are such a fvckin party hack. Wipe your chin Biden Blower.

That's exactly what that liar Trump said, see that's what happens when you listen to entertainment news.
It just happened in the last four years, Obama isn't the President anymore, Trump ordered these children to be taken away from their parents as a immigration deterrent.
Entertainment news doesn't think that fact is entertaining so you never heard about it.
That's because your a mushroom with less than 2 weeks left on this island.

Re: The Final Debate - 10/22/20 09:25 PM

That's exactly what that liar Trump said, see that's what happens when you listen to entertainment news.

See this is your problem. You are so deranged you can’t even see that maybe Trump is actually right about something. No objectivity, again.

Trump didn’t create this... it was passed on. You are also not acknowledging the point that Obama was doing this. You’re a fvckin hypocrite and party hack.

Re: The Final Debate - 10/22/20 11:18 PM

Then-U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions was clear in May 2018 that President Trump wanted to separate undocumented immigrant children from their parents in a conference call with the five U.S. attorneys whose states border Mexico, telling the officials, “we need to take away children,” according to a draft report by the Department of Justice inspector general, the New York Times reported Tuesday.
Posted by: Krijack

Re: The Final Debate - 10/22/20 11:35 PM

I believe that if the parents would have agreed to leave, they could have taken their children and done so. The fact that they can not be found should raise questions, as I would be at the gate of the US embassy or other governmental office every day insisting on finding my children.

Re: The Final Debate - 10/23/20 06:00 AM

This has been fact checked several times.

The infamous pic is from the Obama era, but it was deceptive because although they were in the "cage" it was a temporary holding area while you were being processed that day. Everyone was kept together as a family if that's how they came into the country.

The Trump administration used the separation tactic as a way to discourage people from crossing the border. It was a "You come here and we'll take your kids away" threat.
Posted by: Jason Beezuz

Re: The Final Debate - 10/23/20 07:10 AM

See this is your problem. You are so deranged you can’t even see that maybe Trump is actually right about something. No objectivity, again.

Trump didn’t create this... it was passed on. You are also not acknowledging the point that Obama was doing this. You’re a fvckin hypocrite and party hack.

Triggered liberal triggers conservative; everyone is triggered, everyone is owned. Nobody wins.
Posted by: Dan S.

Re: The Final Debate - 10/23/20 07:47 AM

Originally Posted By: ondarvr
This has been fact checked several times.

The infamous pic is from the Obama era, but it was deceptive because although they were in the "cage" it was a temporary holding area while you were being processed that day. Everyone was kept together as a family if that's how they came into the country.

The Trump administration used the separation tactic as a way to discourage people from crossing the border. It was a "You come here and we'll take your kids away" threat.

It's always a false equivalence when Steamer tells a story.

"Everyone does it, man!"

lol

Re: The Final Debate - 10/23/20 07:49 AM

Fatso had to kill it and hope Joe stepped all over his own dick.

That didn't happen, and the Hunter Biden story just isn't getting any traction.

It's almost time.

Re: The Final Debate - 10/23/20 07:54 AM

No denying the Trump administration was doing this. I’m pointing out the Obama administration was ALSO doing this. Regardless of who was doing this and similar practices, it’s wrong.

Keep telling yourself the Democrats are the party of innocence. Both parties are pretty bad... no matter what MSM might try to tell you.

She sheep will always be sheep.

Re: The Final Debate - 10/23/20 08:27 AM

They didn't "also do it" it was a very different policy in design and practice.

I'm not trying to defend Obama or Biden, we just need to keep the facts straight.
Posted by: stlhdr1

Re: The Final Debate - 10/23/20 08:42 AM

Debate was good, very good imho. Regardless of the lies both sides told, I felt it was worthy of watching.

It's playing out just like 2016, saving face in the last debate and showing he can be respectful. It's the last image people will remember when they color the box in on the ballot.

It's going to be a red wave coming, again....

Keith

Re: The Final Debate - 10/23/20 08:43 AM

Trumpanzees can't remember sh1t, they also have no knowledge of video/audio technology.
Here's a little help.

https://time.com/5314681/republicans-criticized-trump-family-separation-border/

Re: The Final Debate - 10/23/20 09:11 AM

Trumpanzees can't remember sh1t, they also have no knowledge of video/audio technology.
Here's a little help.

https://time.com/5314681/republicans-criticized-trump-family-separation-border/

I totally get your stance here Ilahee, but how on god's green earth are those parent's that got separated not throwing a ruckus somewhere trying to get their kids back. So they just left them? I'm confused on this one....

Keith

Re: The Final Debate - 10/23/20 09:18 AM

They got deported to who know where without their kids.
Have you ever lived in a third world country?
So who do they throw a ruckus to?
Maybe the Ministry of Go Fvck Yourself?
Or Dept. of Who Gives a Sh1t?
Posted by: DCC

Re: The Final Debate - 10/23/20 09:29 AM

trump held it together better than I expected, even sounded rational for a bit...I think the mute button was a mistake, should have let that fat, stupid fvck run his obnoxious pie hole and let people see the real trump, I was kinda hoping he'd stroke out when his face started turning purple as he gnashed his teeth wanting to blah, blah...blah. While he may have stopped the bleeding from losing support, I sure don't see him gaining any support over anything he said, he still uses lots of jumbled up words to say nothing....I guess that works for people that like a "if you can't dazzle them with brilliance...baffle them with bullsh!t" leader, hell, he could just chant "Team America....Fvck yeah" and his supporters would support.

Fooled us once, shame on trump....fool us twice, shame on U.S.

...and for God's sake, somebody tell that fool to put his hands in his pockets.

Re: The Final Debate - 10/23/20 09:31 AM

They got deported to who know where without their kids.
Have you ever lived in a third world country?
So who do they throw a ruckus to?
Maybe the Ministry of Go Fvck Yourself?
Or Dept. of Who Gives a Sh1t?

No your right, it's been years and they still haven't found their kids....

Keith

Re: The Final Debate - 10/23/20 09:32 AM

I'd say some of the parents left their children here thinking that ultimately it would lead to a better life in this country.

But there was no tracking of where children and parents went, and the
administration made no attempt to help reunite the families.

This was a purposeful and planned campaign, not an unfortunate accident.

Re: The Final Debate - 10/23/20 11:35 AM

From what I have read, the separation policy was a direct result of a judicial ruling that basically said you had to release minors immediately. The parent would bring their children (or perhaps other minors claiming they were their children) and then would claim asylum. To keep the families to together, the accompanying parent would be released to stop the separation from their children. They would be assigned a case number and asked to stay in contact and asked to come back later for a hearing. This is what Trump meant by catch and release. The number of people coming in and taking advantage of this started to soar in 2018. To try to combat this, the Trump administration started to separate the children from their parents. This was an attempt to stop the migrants from using the loop hole to get into the US. I am not sure of the best approach, as both letting them go and separating families are bad policies.
But, one must remember, at any time I believe the parents could agree to be deported and leave with their family. I guess the belief is that if you are looking at death or severe persecution, the separation is worth it. If you are doing this for other reasons, it might discourage you.
Lot of issues here.

Re: The Final Debate - 10/23/20 12:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Krijack
From what I have read, the separation policy was a direct result of a judicial ruling that basically said you had to release minors immediately. The parent would bring their children (or perhaps other minors claiming they were their children) and then would claim asylum. To keep the families to together, the accompanying parent would be released to stop the separation from their children. They would be assigned a case number and asked to stay in contact and asked to come back later for a hearing. This is what Trump meant by catch and release. The number of people coming in and taking advantage of this started to soar in 2018. To try to combat this, the Trump administration started to separate the children from their parents. This was an attempt to stop the migrants from using the loop hole to get into the US. I am not sure of the best approach, as both letting them go and separating families are bad policies.
But, one must remember, at any time I believe the parents could agree to be deported and leave with their family. I guess the belief is that if you are looking at death or severe persecution, the separation is worth it. If you are doing this for other reasons, it might discourage you.
Lot of issues here.

Good thorough look at the issue, Krijack. When there is an influx of immigration occurring there isn’t going to be a simple solution. The problem is more complex than what people are willing to admit, or even possibly see. It’s easier to use as a political talking point.
Posted by: WDFW X 1 = 0

Re: The Final Debate - 10/23/20 09:26 PM

Biden.......Proudly caging Mexicans for years.

Re: The Final Debate - 10/23/20 10:50 PM

Originally Posted By: WDFW X 1 = 0

+ 1,000,000
Posted by: Jason Beezuz

Re: The Final Debate - 10/24/20 07:43 AM

Biden and Trump.......Proudly caging Mexicans for years.

FIFY.

Re: The Final Debate - 10/24/20 08:13 AM

Biden.......Proudly reducing US oil imports and pollution for years.

Fixed

elite
Posted by: SpoonFed

Re: The Final Debate - 10/24/20 09:08 AM

Biden had 47 years to do something and didn't.

Next.

+ 1,000,000

+1

You won't be missed illacvnt.

Re: The Final Debate - 10/24/20 09:40 AM

And the false equivalence gang bang continues.

Re: The Final Debate - 10/24/20 10:30 AM

And the false equivalence gang bang continues.

Might want to get back out there protesting! You don't have much time left...

Keith rofl

Re: The Final Debate - 10/24/20 11:18 AM

So Keith why do you think there's protests in the streets all over America?

Re: The Final Debate - 10/24/20 11:26 AM

I’m a Russian bot

Fify

Re: The Final Debate - 10/24/20 11:50 AM

It's a hard question to answer because there's many many reasons for the protesting.. Honestly, I have no issues with the protests it's the looting and destruction of property that's saddening.

There will be more protests when Trump wins again, I'd take a bet on that one...

Keith
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: The Final Debate - 10/24/20 11:53 AM

Originally Posted By: stlhdr1

It's a hard question to answer because there's many many reasons for the protesting.. Honestly, I have no issues with the protests it's the looting and destruction of property that's saddening.

There will be more protests when Trump wins again, I'd take a bet on that one...

Keith
So you yourself admit,it's Trump rofl

Re: The Final Debate - 10/24/20 12:35 PM

Originally Posted By: ArvidBarker
Originally Posted By: stlhdr1

Keith
So you yourself admit,it's Trump rofl

Jesus Arvid... That's not what I said. You can say it's Trump but one could just as easily say it's because the losing party didn't get their way so they're throwing a tantrum.... But, that's just a hypothetical you know.

Keith

Re: The Final Debate - 10/24/20 12:58 PM

So you have no fvcking idea?
This is deja vu all over again for me.
I lived through Vietnam and there was a number of Americans who only saw the antiwar demonstrators and the havoc and disruption they created.
I see the very same thing happening again.
Here's the irony, it was by and large the Republicans who failed to recognize the real message of the demonstrators.
Back then there wasn't a Fox and Friends to help people think, so it was just stupidity, but today it's just plain old brainwashing.

Re: The Final Debate - 10/24/20 01:22 PM

So you have no fvcking idea?
This is deja vu all over again for me.
I lived through Vietnam and there was a number of Americans who only saw the antiwar demonstrators and the havoc and disruption they created.
I see the very same thing happening again.
Here's the irony, it was by and large the Republicans who failed to recognize the real message of the demonstrators.
Back then there wasn't a Fox and Friends to help people think, so it was just stupidity, but today it's just plain old brainwashing.

Of course I have an idea to what it is, but I'm not going to sit here and debate the reasons that people are protesting. As a society we learn/adapt to better society for everyone. But someday, when the national debt clips the next milestone this country will be leveraged beyond repair... Smoked, done, gone and that is what you are thinking will happen. IMHO, there is no fixing it. All we can do it patch the issues and prolong the devastation.. The time will come.

Keith

Re: The Final Debate - 10/24/20 11:00 PM

Things can only go so far. Both the right and left are complicit in deficit spending. But the left wants to blame the right, and the right wants to blame the left. Both are culprits. Disagreeing only makes you a party hack... which makes up the majority of this board.

“Trump guzzler” “Village idiot” “Evo-level tardness”... here it comes... the language of denial.

rofl

Re: The Final Debate - 10/24/20 11:04 PM

Things can only go so far. Both the right and left are complicit in deficit spending. But the left wants to blame the right, and the right wants to blame the left. Both are culprits. Disagreeing only makes you a party hack... which makes up the majority of this board.

“Trump guzzler” “Village idiot” “Evo-level tardness”... here it comes... the language of denial.

rofl

No BS Bill Clinton had a balanced budget. Trump spends like a drunken sailor.

Re: The Final Debate - 10/25/20 05:49 AM

rofl

Steamer always has a problem with facts that don't fit into his narrative.

He ignores them, and expects others to do the same while they stand in awe of his ability to rise above the fray and remain independent and free.

lol

Re: The Final Debate - 10/25/20 07:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Dan S.

rofl

Steamer always has a problem with facts that don't fit into his narrative.

He ignores them, and expects others to do the same while they stand in awe of his ability to rise above the fray and remain independent and free.

lol

He writes like an 8th grade teachers pet, outstanding grammar just no substance.

Lots of great sports going on, sad to see the dark side so political.

Re: The Final Debate - 10/25/20 09:25 AM

I have little interest in sports, I don't watch or follow any college or professional sports.

Decades ago when watching sports was just what you did, no questions asked, it was part of the culture, I'd stay home and watch.

What I noticed was that I never regretted missing a game and actually doing something myself. But frequently I regretted wasting an afternoon, or even a full day sitting in front of a TV watching millionaires play a game that had absolutely zero effect on my life.

Win or lose my life went on the same, only I now had one fewer day(s) to do something that actually benefited me.

Mowing the lawn was more productive and satisfying than watching sports.

I'd take my kids and we'd do something together in the great outdoors, like digging snow caves and camping in them on Mt Rainier.
Or week long river floats on new rivers. Tracking animals in the snow was great, then showing them how the large predators tracked us.

I had friends whose moods would be set for the week by how their favorite teams did. Why depend on other people that don't even have a clue you exist to provide enjoyment and value to your life.

Politics can directly affect just about every aspect of my daily life, for better or worse, so yes I'm going to pay attention.

Re: The Final Debate - 10/25/20 10:04 AM

I like sports. I don't understand why right wing wackos don't like the NFL and have tried to politicize the NFL. Yeah it's both ways. Same with the NBA. Haven't been a big NBA fan but did go and watch a Blazers Lakers game courtside the day before Kobe retired. I watched the 1968 Olympics and saw the USA track and field athletes lose their medal during their anthem protest.

Sports are a great release from politics and current events.

Steelers Titans should be a great game but I need to finish caulking/grouting the master bath tiles. Wife is doing her crafts making sparkly tumblers coating with epoxy.

Re: The Final Debate - 10/25/20 10:07 AM

I have little interest in sports, I don't watch or follow any college or professional sports.

Decades ago when watching sports was just what you did, no questions asked, it was part of the culture, I'd stay home and watch.

What I noticed was that I never regretted missing a game and actually doing something myself. But frequently I regretted wasting an afternoon, or even a full day sitting in front of a TV watching millionaires play a game that had absolutely zero effect on my life.

Win or lose my life went on the same, only I now had one fewer day(s) to do something that actually benefited me.

I'd take my kids and we'd do something together in the great outdoors, like digging snow caves and camping in them on Mt Rainier.
Or week long river floats on new rivers. Tracking animals in the snow was great, then showing them how the large predators tracked us.

I had friends whose moods would be set for the week by how their favorite teams did. Why depend on other people that don't even a have clue you exist to provide enjoyment and value to your life.

Politics can directly affect just about every aspect of my daily life, for better or worse, so yes I'm going to pay attention.

To each their own regarding sports.

Let me rephrase, there is a lot of cool [Bleeeeep!], fishing, arts, movies, plays, books, that are waiting to be consumed and enjoyed. Meanwhile people are arguing about a presidential race where every single person have already made up their mind.

Re: The Final Debate - 10/25/20 10:13 AM

I had friends whose moods would be set for the week by how their favorite teams did. Why depend on other people that don't even a have clue you exist to provide enjoyment and value to your life.

Let me rephrase, there is a lot of cool [Bleeeeep!], fishing, arts, movies, plays, books, that are waiting to be consumed and enjoyed. Meanwhile people are arguing about a presidential race where every single person have already made up their mind.

If Trump was leading the polls you would be all over politics D Wat! I haven't even watched the World Series. Mariners have never been there. Same with the NBA finals since the Sonics left town.

Re: The Final Debate - 10/25/20 10:44 AM

If Trump was leading the polls you would be all over politics D Wat! I haven't even watched the World Series. Mariners have never been there. Same with the NBA finals since the Sonics left town.

What are you going on about? You’ve won the college football thing twice so don’t tell me you don’t follow/like sports.

Sorry, didn’t see your above post.

Re: The Final Debate - 10/25/20 11:31 AM

At least you said can instead of does.

Re: The Final Debate - 10/25/20 12:16 PM

Thanks for mentioning that.

"Does" is probably more accurate.

The political battles between the two parties touches every aspect of our lives. Taxes and how they get redistributed throughout the country and world affects everybody.

Both sides take your money, and both sides redistribute it.

The promise is always "I'm going to take it from somebody else and give it to you". Taking $1.00 and passing on .50 cents is the norm.

Re: The Final Debate - 10/25/20 12:38 PM

Agreed. I like to vote politics on a more local level. But last I saw this is a fishing forum and not a political forum so don’t crap on other people’s hobbies or likes.

Re: The Final Debate - 10/25/20 12:49 PM

Check which forum you're posting in, you may see this isn't the fishing or hunting section.

I'm also noticing you posted in a thread about a political debate, nothing to do with fishing or sports.

I only gave my views on my interest in sports, I mentioned no one else or Indicated my opinion was the only correct one.

If you like watching sports, go for it.

Re: The Final Debate - 10/25/20 01:02 PM

I'm sensing a hush in Trumsterville, where's the know it all moo moo buddha?

Re: The Final Debate - 10/25/20 01:27 PM

Check which forum you're posting in, you may see this isn't the fishing or hunting section.

I'm also noticing you posted in a thread about a political debate, nothing to do with fishing or sports.

I only gave my views on my interest in sports, I mentioned no one else or Indicated my opinion was the only correct one.

If you like watching sports, go for it.

Just look up the 49er vs Seahawks thread for an example, the dark side used to like things besides politics. But go mow the lawn, super important!

We got it, you hate sports.
My first post wasn’t even about you, your dumbass injected yourself into a worthless discussion.

Re: The Final Debate - 10/25/20 01:51 PM

I sense an unjustified hostility in your response.

I don't read or comment in sports threads because I have no interest in the discussion.

Maybe I should click on one and complain that they're discussing sports.

Re: The Final Debate - 10/25/20 02:02 PM

I sense an unjustified hostility in your response.

I don't read or comment in sports threads because I have no interest in the discussion.

Maybe I should click on one and complain that they're discussing sports.

Yep, be like stam and complain about baseball In a baseball thread. Have a good one, btw so who are your teams anyways?

You’re right though, it is a thread about politics, my whole point was the dark side was more rounded with threads, I used sports as an example, and you wrote your speech about sports.

You took half of my original post and ran with it and I responded.

Re: The Final Debate - 10/25/20 02:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Reefskunk
Stam really triggers Twatkins.

Politics only. Oaf

Re: The Final Debate - 10/25/20 02:48 PM

What I find odd sometimes about politics, is how much time people spend on issues or candidates that have very little effect on their everyday life and ignore the local politics or issues that do. For example, it seems everyone has an issue with who is put on the supreme court, but I doubt most know who to vote for when it comes to their local and state justices. Scream about Trump, but ignore their state representatives, council members, and to some degree their US representatives and governor. Right now, I have yet to see a single ad, debate, or discussion about who is running for the US representative in my district. Forget about the state offices (other than governor). No one seems to care. I spend more in property taxes and Sales taxes, gas taxes and other fees than I spend on income taxes. I loose weeks of productivity each year, sitting on poorly maintained roads. Crime and homeless is crazy in my neighborhood. And, each year they add more local regulations that make it harder to conduct business.