Bob What about Pisc p. Decal

Posted by: baitboy

Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 02/21/03 06:33 PM

Bob,
Whats the possibility of producing a Pisc Pur Decal that we can purchase from you or someone so we can put it on our boats/ trucks so it will make it easier for all of us to meet each other and also help each other protect the resource and also protect each others boats/ trucks/ equipment. We could become a positive force on the river or on the salt or at the lake. You could charge more than the cost of the decals and use the money for a donation to a worthy cause. Good advertisement
Posted by: Sky-Guy

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 02/21/03 06:40 PM

Baitboy, good idea!

I'll help design it!
Posted by: Kev

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 02/21/03 06:43 PM

One of my Print vendors is a sticker/label printer. If this idea gets off the ground and goes that far, I can possibly help out with the printing.

Kev
Posted by: Snake Pliskin

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 02/21/03 07:00 PM

Great idea! You've got my support!
Posted by: Steve Ericsson

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 02/21/03 07:21 PM

Sssssnnnnnaaaaaaaake Plllllliiiiiisssssssskennnnnnn..................................
...........................................................................................
I've heard of you.......
Posted by: GutZ

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 02/21/03 07:28 PM

SP; I thought you were dead!

How about a patch you could sew on yer vest?
Posted by: Steve Ericsson

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 02/21/03 07:49 PM

I think some decals would be awesome! I always look at guys on the water and at the launch to see if I recognize anyone. It would certainly help, I'd buy several!
Posted by: goforchrome

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 02/21/03 07:53 PM

I'm a buyer!
I hope this happens!
Posted by: ParaLeaks

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 02/21/03 07:57 PM

And a secret handshake.....and maybe an "Open Zipper" award?

Seriously.....I like it....

hello hello
Posted by: umrules

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 02/21/03 08:18 PM

I'll take two, one for the Boat and one for the Truck!
Posted by: Sparkey

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 02/21/03 10:17 PM

I think this has been a long time coming!!! beer
Posted by: anglin'4salmon

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 02/21/03 10:32 PM

I'd like one for my forehead beathead and one for my back beer to the thinker
Posted by: DarinB

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 02/21/03 11:46 PM

Great idea!
Not to give anybody any ideas.... but maybe the decals or patches could be rank based, Returning Spawner, Spawner, Smolt, Alevin etc...? Then that way we could identify everyones level of experience at typing!!!-Kidding! :p
No, seriously, that is a great idea.
Good Fishing, Darin
Posted by: JohnnyDeep

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 02/22/03 12:08 AM

laugh x2

beer
Posted by: steelyman

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 02/22/03 06:43 AM

sounds like a great idea. Sign me up for three! hello
Posted by: rick68

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 02/22/03 09:02 AM

Sounds like a great idea. I would take at least three.
Posted by: Snake Pliskin

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 02/22/03 11:24 AM

Hey Steve E. and Gutz......thanks for remembering me. Not dead yet.

cool
Posted by: Bob

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 02/22/03 10:52 PM

I like it ... let's see what some of you creative types can come up with for design ideas!
Posted by: ramprat

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 02/23/03 12:08 PM

Here is my attempt at a pisc decal/sticker Using the colors of the board. I'm sure there is more talented people out there than I, so lets see some ideas!
ramprat
Posted by: Erndog

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 02/23/03 11:36 PM

Count me in for two. Just tell me where to send the money.
Posted by: bri24

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 02/23/03 11:42 PM

I like it. beer

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 02/23/03 11:47 PM

beathead computer help

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 02/24/03 12:04 PM

Here is another test decal/sticker
Ramprat

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 02/24/03 12:33 PM

I like your second decal sugestion ramprat. NICE WORK beer fishy

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 02/24/03 12:51 PM

I'll third that! Most excellent!
DB
Posted by: JNT

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 02/24/03 03:34 PM

How about something simple...something monochromatic (white & black versions). Think original rectangular G.Loomis decals or current Sage decals. Just a thought. How about something that just says "Piscatorial Pursuits" and the web address along the bottom edge. Sometimes the fishing decals people come with would look plain on a bass boat (just too busy).

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 02/24/03 06:04 PM

Think chromium background w/bold black lettering

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 02/25/03 08:55 PM

Here's one that Matt B. sent in laugh Thanks!

Posted by: Josh

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 02/25/03 09:33 PM

I like that one best bob, i hope you go with that one. hello

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 02/25/03 09:58 PM

I still think ramprats second decal idea is the best. You have to have a fish in the decal somewhere. confused

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 02/25/03 10:05 PM

I love Matt B.'s decal...it has a totally rockin' retro look!!!! beer
Posted by: ROCKFISH

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 02/25/03 10:19 PM

count me in. beer

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 02/25/03 10:28 PM

Can you add a fish in the corner on that one? looks good.
Darin
Posted by: Firedog

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 02/26/03 12:55 AM

I like the black and white one, but how about someting beside the standard bumper sticker shape? Round or oval? SOmething that looks good on the boat and truck smile

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 02/26/03 01:08 AM

How about putting Matt's on a background/shape of a salmon/steelhead??

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 02/26/03 02:02 AM

Bob,

Ingenious! -Good one....

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 02/26/03 02:06 AM

Even better Bob! thumbs

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 02/26/03 04:12 AM

check these out
Posted by: baitboy

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 02/26/03 06:22 PM

Like your idea, Bob
Posted by: BERKLEY BOY75

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 02/26/03 06:31 PM

i to also work for a print shop, so what kind of material and colors is this thing gonna be?
Posted by: Kev

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 02/26/03 06:37 PM

Just an FYI, costs will be cheaper if you go 1 color, like Black on white or one color on a white sticker or pre-printed colored sticker. If you go with a sticker in the shape of a fish, you will be looking at a die cutting fee, which can get costly.
Pricing usually stays fairly cheap if you work with what a label/sticker printer has on hand, certain sizes and colors of stickers etc.
For this kind of sticker you'll want something that is weather, water and Sun proof, which will be a few pennies more per sticker, not much.
And last, you have to take in consideration the size, how big?
Bob - I think we have talked printing in the past and if I remember correctly you have a contact, so I don't want to step on toes here. If that's not the case, I can work on some pricing for you, let me know, shoot me some mail and we can discuss further.

Kev
Posted by: WaderBurps

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 02/26/03 07:12 PM

I think a patch for vests, hats, or whatever would be cool. To go along with the sticker of course
Posted by: JNT

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 02/27/03 11:48 AM

I like matt b's idea......monochromatic is the way to go. Need to offer in two sizes and two colors each. Smaller for cars/trucks, etc and larger for boats, etc.

Keep working on it....the patch idea is good too. Maybe a low profile tasteful embroidered hat could be an option....just not high foam front and mesh back PLEASE

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 02/27/03 05:42 PM

Perfect the way it is matt B. beer I,ll need one for the boat and one for the Truck
Ramprat
Posted by: Eddie L

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 03/07/03 05:55 PM

Back to the top. Just wondering if the decals gonna happin?
Posted by: Downriggin

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 03/07/03 06:21 PM

Personally, I would spend a few extra bucks for something that adds a little class. Monochrome is just way too plain.. (My .02)

Regardless, put me down for a few...

Downriggin'

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 03/07/03 09:22 PM

It'll be a go ... I'll look more at designs and stuff next time I get a coiple of days off. Looking at the forecast, that should be in a few days smile and frown
Posted by: RRR

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 03/07/03 09:45 PM

Dis is one damn kool BB.

I would definitely appreciate sum decals/bumper stickers, probably even buy a hat or two ta boot.

Whass wrong w/monochrome? If it is a good logo, it might look better that way -- maybe a lil more "impact".

Wonder if Bob (Da BIG One) had/has any idea what the results (consequences?) of this board(s) would be, when he first started it?

[HEY BOB! Wanna share w/the rest of us what kinda vision -- plans, hopes etc., ya had when ya first started this?]

Bet it is turnin out a lil different than first imagined....

I will bet it is finally startin to pay more n more well deserved dividends both economic AND spiritual (as well as ticklin the funny bone every once in a while -- is that spiritual?)

I certainly hope so, tho we've never met, it seems as if I already know ya; so I believe it couldn't happen to a better guy!

Just like to say thanx, Bob, fer all yer hard work in creatin, and maintainin what is arguably the best fishin BB ever. Look fowrard to meetin ya someday.

As always fellas -- Take Care 'n Tight Lines

Sincerely,
Roger
Posted by: SALMONSLAMMER

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 03/08/03 09:42 PM

Hey bob and guys hows it been going... I seen this post and enlisted my son :-) On my next post you shall be seeing some of the finished product.

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 03/08/03 10:48 PM

I like the patches, nice work. smile
Posted by: JohnnyDeep

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 03/08/03 11:48 PM

Salmonslammer.....one word
beer
Posted by: HntnFsh

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 03/09/03 11:38 AM

Good job salmon slammer.I like the blue one best.Good colors,easy to read.Next best would be black.

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 03/09/03 05:31 PM

I like salmonslammers ideas, the blue one looks great. but no matter what color we get i think it should have white lettering. It makes it much easier to read.

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 03/09/03 08:31 PM

SS ... I like the basic prmise of these for a patch smile How 'bout a couple of tweaks and we'll see what we think then!

How 'bout losing the "Bob's", we rarely use that other than in offical transactions.

An unitalicized font ... they rarely do well in a circular pattern ... Tahoma is generally what we use in most cases.

Actually, our 800 number is an 866 number ... all those "dish" companies killed eveything else with "fish".

I'd love to see the black one with a red border and white lettering wink

RRR ... Never really had any "plans" really when I firsted whipped up a few pages in 1997. I remeber it took me about two days just to make a couple basic images and get one page together.

Things just slowly grew over the years. It was fun watching the number of pages served up go from a few dozen a day in the early years to abround 20,000+ on an average day in the peak (winter) season now smile

Lots of pro's and con's ... my life has certainly changed, I never imagined how many hours I'd spend working on things when I first started up the site ... but it's certainly a part of my life I enjoy now, even though it has made me wish many a times that there were 30 hours in day smile

Happy to see a group like the WSC springboard out of the foum ... saddened to see others blame fishery woes on the site, but that's nothing new for many of Washington state's anglers.

Often lumped together with F&H News sensationalism, I like to look at things a little differently. Years ago, when I started up guiding, F&H News often called looking for info. Even at that point, I was hesitant to give up specifics ... but they usually had "form articles" already in place where they simply inserted guide's name and river name that was rehashed from previous years anyhow.

The calls from them were fewer and fewer as I made mention to previous editor's how quotes from discussions with them with all be tied together to always make fishing look good regardless of conditions.

That's where my reports page came from ... an honest asseseement of river consitions and basic fishing info. Sometimes good, sometimes bad ... I figured someone was gonna do it and it might as well be a realistic assessment of prospects and perhaps I could educate anglers somewhat as well. I had grown tired of the "fishing is always good, book a trip with me" attitudes and reports that I so often saw.

Some love it, some hate it ... others don't care either way.

There will be a day when we'll see statewide C&R in this state, and it's my hope that the site will be partially to credit for that. When that day comes there will be plenty of fallout, both good and bad, but I've learned to expect that and willingly go forth with an attitude of putting the fish first.

Six year anniversary next month ... hope to celebrate lots more down the road with plenty more fish tales to be told by all!
Posted by: Stray Cat

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 03/10/03 01:52 AM

I am the production manager for a large screen print and embroidery company. I can have stickers, tee shirts, and hats done cheap. I am not looking to make a profit. I have recieved LOTS of good info from all of you, and I appreciate it. I just want to break even. If you guys need help, let me know.
Posted by: Kid Sauk

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 03/10/03 11:39 AM

This is very rough so I apologize for the imperfections, but it's still not bad for 5 min. work, eh? wink

I'll fix it up nass n' purdy if you like the dee-zine, mkay? laugh

Remember that this is going to be a decal, not a business card so I don't think it needs too much info, eh Bob? Plenty of info with a name and web addy and/or phone # for getting attention from potential customers. Remember that it also has to look cool and carry the PP signature red and black (per Bob's request) so it is easily identifiable as PP brethren. Capiche?

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 03/10/03 11:53 AM

I agree with ya there KS .. no need for loads of info ... keep her simple!!

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 03/10/03 11:58 AM

One more design coming, Bob, check back in a couple minutes. Again, I apologize for the rough work, but I don't like to worry about being perfect when working with proofs. The perfectionist in me comes out when I get approval. Right now I just love any excuse to get to work with Photoshop 7.0 hello

I would also like to thank Michael Parker for turning me into a "tech-geek". Getting a new computer today too! And I had to admit it, but I think the new PC will only be a band aid until I get A NEW MAC! Oh my God, Parker, has gotten to me! wink laugh

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 03/10/03 12:06 PM

Okay, more quick and dirty work, but you get the idea....here ya go laugh

Posted by: baddawg

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 03/10/03 12:18 PM

Great work Kid Sauk! I like the round ones better than the rectangles, they don't look like a bumpersticker, they look more like a club membership sticker.
Already got a spot on the Dawg fish reserved for my PP sticker.
Posted by: FlyH20

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 03/10/03 11:02 PM

I am not good at building web graphics so I won't try but how about including a statement about c & R of wild fish or something like that. Could be a good way to help send the message. How about "If it's wild let it Go" I know Bob uses that slogan on a few things.

Just a thought.

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 03/14/03 08:02 PM

Thanks for the work SS, I appreciate it!

What I'm thinking at this point would be to use SS's design for a patch, and then utilize the fish w/addy idea for a car/boat sticker.

I'll play some with those designs to see what we can come up with ... Stray Cat, can you give us some idea of the feasibility of SalmonSlammer's stuff for embroidery on a patch??

Here's one sticker that my printer client is gonna do for me ... he's been urging me for a bit to design one for my boat, so I took a little time today to make it smile If anyone wants any of these, let me know!

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 03/14/03 09:41 PM

Here are SS's designs again, his pictures don't last long on the server he uses:

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 03/14/03 11:19 PM

Ohhhh...I gotta have one of them pink worm dude stickers!! evil

SS's stickers are the best out of the bunch I do have to say!

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 03/21/03 02:39 AM

would someone kindly reply to this post about the feasablility for a patch in use with my design??

BTW: GET MORE PEOPLE TO CHECK THIS POST OUT!!!
Posted by: hawk

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 03/21/03 07:35 AM

I like the one KS came up with in color, and the designs by S.S. Good thing you aren't counting on me to come up with aa design. How do you draw a stick figure of a fish?
Posted by: philpac33

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 03/21/03 10:39 AM

i'm definitely a "pink worm dude"!!

Re: Bob What about Pisc p. Decal - 03/21/03 10:01 PM

thanks for the comments guys!! keep em commin!!!