CRABBING

Posted by: juggernaut

CRABBING - 03/09/03 08:16 PM

Just closed area's 11 and 13. Have family coming into town and promised a big crab feed. I was doing great at my spot in area 11, but now I'm sunk.
Are there any spots in area 5,6 or north 7 that would help get me out of this jam? I am not very familar with any of these area's ,but am going to have some days off so have traps will travel.
Posted by: Periwinkle

Re: CRABBING - 03/10/03 12:18 AM

Nobody is helping ya !! Sent you a private message. What happened to email addresses in profiles?? wink
Posted by: Finegrain

Re: CRABBING - 03/10/03 01:09 AM

The spots close to Anacortes in Area 7 were worked pretty hard by the commercials, we were nearly skunked last time we tried our usual hot spots. If you can make the trip, Westcott Bay and the surrounding shallows are good, and don't see the commercial pressure the close-in spots do.

Finegrain
Woodinville
Posted by: Finegrain

Re: CRABBING - 03/10/03 01:26 AM

Never mind, put your pots away, everything except Area 7 NORTH of Orcas is closed as of 3/9.

See you in June (if I haven't sold my boat by then).

Finegrain
Woodinville
Posted by: juggernaut

Re: CRABBING - 03/10/03 10:03 PM

Am I mistaken, or are area's 5 and 6 still open? What about Discovery Bay or Sequim Bay?
Posted by: Crabin Fever

Re: CRABBING - 03/11/03 05:26 PM

Let's see, oh yes, my lawyer say's area 5 & 6 are still open eek
I'm going to be in Port Townsend this weekend and thought I'd check out Discovery Bay for Crabbing....anybody know that area?