Hows everybody doin

Posted by: Anonymous

Hows everybody doin - 04/10/03 07:07 PM

Just dropped in to say high.

Havent had much time for the computer lately but soon Ill be back. Ill have to get my steelie fix some way.

No fishing for me lately. Im starting to scout some things out over here but it looks like ill have to go into Idaho and Montana to get into anything good in moving water anything cole anyways. Not much for decent river trout fishing nearby in washington from what I have heard.

The little spokane is just a few minutes away but it looks like there isnt much public access.

Ill stop by agian soon
Posted by: Bob

Re: Hows everybody doin - 04/10/03 09:51 PM

Glad to hear you made it over there safe and sound Rich ... fishing's already picked up here with a few less sore mouthed fisheys smile

Good luck with everything and don't be a stranger ... we can still make it feel like you're almost here!
Posted by: elkrun

Re: Hows everybody doin - 04/11/03 02:04 AM

Hit Rock creek near Missoula during the salmonfly hatch... what a kick! If you like lakes, try Georgetown (kinda near Missoula) really big trout (to 10 pounds), will come up and hit a dry when the caddis's are buzzing in the afternoon. Use at least a 5x tippet, they smash them!
Posted by: The Moderator

Re: Hows everybody doin - 04/11/03 11:06 AM

Good to hear from you Rich!
Posted by: fromcuthroattosteelies

Re: Hows everybody doin - 04/11/03 11:29 AM

I saw your wife in passing a couple weeks back in Forks. You're not too far from those upriver brights Richie.
Martin
Posted by: Dave D

Re: Hows everybody doin - 04/11/03 02:51 PM

Don't do it Rich, don't convert to a Bass fisherman
Posted by: h2o

Re: Hows everybody doin - 04/11/03 03:02 PM

How about the Kettle? I've heard of monster browns in that river...not exactly an indigenous species bit it could be kinda fun.

Be safe Rich....
Posted by: thefishnfool

Re: Hows everybody doin - 04/11/03 03:15 PM

Hey Rich-

Being that I am down here in Pullman I can maybe help you out a little bit. The Clearwater over in Idaho is opening the 12th of this month for springers and it is looking to be a good season. The majority of the fish should be here by middle of May and the fishing should be good in a couple of weeks. Not to mention starting in August the Clearwater and the rest of the Snake system get good for steelhead. Way better numbers than the oly pen. Maybe not the giants of over there but plenty of fish in the upper teens. The upper clearwater, Locksa, Selway, and St. Joe among others have some awesome trout flyfishing if you are into that. Email me if you want more info or would like to hook up in the fall for steelies and I could show you some of the good water.
Tim Lennox
Posted by: Sid Fishious

Re: Hows everybody doin - 04/13/03 02:09 PM

Rich- You might also try Kelly Creek which flows into the Clearwater R., has a decent population of cutthroat and bows. You can access the creek just out of Superior, Mt.