4th of July info.

Posted by: Erndog

4th of July info. - 06/23/03 01:10 PM

I know this has nothing to do with fishing but would like to know if anyone has ever boated the waters in Lake Union or Elliot bay for the fireworks. I have a three year old and i think this would be fun for him. I'm wondering if the boat launches get heavy traffic around the evening time. Should I be lauching early in the morning to get a parking spot. Any info would be helpful.

Thx, Erndog
Posted by: Tabfry

Re: 4th of July info. - 06/23/03 03:10 PM

Never been out there (Lake Union) in a boat, but the years I've sat on the hill at Gasworks I've always noticed tons of boats that have beeen anchored up even earlier than the 5 or so hrs than I would get there. Last time I was there was about 9-10 years ago. I can onlyimagie it getting busier now-a-days.
Posted by: seastrike

Re: 4th of July info. - 06/23/03 03:35 PM

The scary thing is all of the drunk boaters racing under the ship canal bridge and trough the cut in the dark when the show is over.
Posted by: HBP

Re: 4th of July info. - 06/23/03 05:10 PM

My dad did the Lake Union thing a couple years back. He didn't get the boat out of the water until 2:30am. He said it was the worst boat traffic he'd ever seen. Imagine a bunch of drunken fools trying to navigate the lake in the dark. Then all the same fools trying to load their boats in the dark. I wouldn't go out there at all ,much less with a 3 year old with me.
Posted by: Erndog

Re: 4th of July info. - 06/23/03 06:02 PM

Hey guys thx for the info. I kinda went air headed there. Totally forgot about all the drunken boat fools. You're right HBP, don't want my little one out there either. We can always enjoy it from land. Heck maybe we'll do the Lake Merdian thing, who knows. First year we are going to be home for the 4th.

Thx again guys,

Erndog
Posted by: JohnnyDeep

Re: 4th of July info. - 06/23/03 10:28 PM

You can stay out in lake wa and still have a pretty good veiw of seattles fireworks and go over and watch bellevue and kirkland. We did it last year in a buddy's 30' ciera, Although he is moored in kenmore AND scared for life from doing Lake union and the cut the year before(his first year witha boat).
You could also do a fireworks cruise. Argosy puts all their boats on 'em that night.

We are thinking about elliot bay and anchoring in blakely harbor to sleep... No ramps, short run from downtown, should be really quiet...

beer