Here Chummy, Chummy, Chummy....

Posted by: Mr. Twister

Here Chummy, Chummy, Chummy.... - 10/15/03 04:36 PM

Next week I am off from work, and I am looking for some salty chum action on my fly rod. Would you folks have any suggestions on where I should go to see a little action?

Rob
Posted by: Fishingjunky15

Re: Here Chummy, Chummy, Chummy.... - 10/15/03 04:39 PM

Try Eagle Creek on the Hood. It's a favorite fly rod area. Or you could try Chico Creek In Bremeron. Then there's all the creeks and estuaries in the South Sound. The Union River mouth near Belfair is also a good place. I'd look into an area that you can fish multiple spots as it is earlyin the run and some places don't have fish yet.
Posted by: Dave Vedder

Re: Here Chummy, Chummy, Chummy.... - 10/15/03 06:56 PM

To my knowledge John's Creek usually has one of the first chum runs.
Posted by: porter

Re: Here Chummy, Chummy, Chummy.... - 10/15/03 08:50 PM

I work near Mud Bay and was down there today during high tide. I saw no fish as of yet down there.
Posted by: Mr. Twister

Re: Here Chummy, Chummy, Chummy.... - 10/16/03 12:12 AM

Where is John's Creek?

I have asked around and searched the net, and all I get is a guess that it is the Hoodsport fun and games creek.

Rob
Posted by: eddie

Re: Here Chummy, Chummy, Chummy.... - 10/16/03 12:48 AM

John's Creek is near Shelton.
Posted by: ltlCLEO

Re: Here Chummy, Chummy, Chummy.... - 10/16/03 07:49 AM

good old chico creek is a good place to line a chum around now.They should be turning the corner as me and a bud ran into a school between the two bridges a couple of days ago.You wont see me down there though.There is a better spot in the same bay nobody uses.
Posted by: porter

Re: Here Chummy, Chummy, Chummy.... - 10/16/03 08:37 AM

Johns creek is past Shelton, behind the golf club. The creek is closed waters nut you can fish the surrounding beachs and creek mouth. There is a new parking lot on the north side of the golf club
Posted by: OntheColumbia

Re: Here Chummy, Chummy, Chummy.... - 10/16/03 07:48 PM

Do the waters south of there get any significant chum, like maybe the Elochoman River area?
Posted by: Dave Vedder

Re: Here Chummy, Chummy, Chummy.... - 10/16/03 08:10 PM

Posted by: Chum Man

Re: Here Chummy, Chummy, Chummy.... - 10/16/03 09:39 PM

you mean i can park at the golf course instead of parking off highway 3 and walking a mile to the fishing like i always have?