Is There Anything Happening on the Sky?

Posted by: Lil Blue Sled

Is There Anything Happening on the Sky? - 12/29/03 01:05 PM

I have not been out for two weeks and was wondering if anything is happening on the Sky.
Posted by: Sky-Guy

Re: Is There Anything Happening on the Sky? - 12/29/03 04:04 PM

I went out yesterday and fished for 6 hours or so. CnR one beautiful nate about 11-12#'s floating eggs about 10am. Not too many other people out yesterday, and we didnt see or hear of any other fish. I think higher up in the river right now would be the best bet.

Visibility was excellent above and below Sultan river.

The water temp is really low, the fish I caught was real lethargic. So find deep holes, fish deep and get it right in their face.
Posted by: Chum Eater

Re: Is There Anything Happening on the Sky? - 12/29/03 04:14 PM

So...the high bridge to sultan would be the best bet??? Or, Sultan to Ben Howard?

Re: Is There Anything Happening on the Sky? - 12/29/03 06:48 PM

I think you would have a better chance of hooking fish above the Sultan, as all the remaining brats might have moved up higher.

Quote:
Or, Sultan to Ben Howard?
Isn't the Ben Howard bridge in Sultan?
Last time I checked it was smile
Posted by: snit

Re: Is There Anything Happening on the Sky? - 12/29/03 07:45 PM

My buddy fished Reiter twice last week, he hooked 5 and lost them all! Mainly the bobberdudes wouldn't reel in their riggin' when he hooked a fish. Welcome to Reiter though, and he knows it.

Last time I checked Ben Howard is downstream of Sultan?
Posted by: 4Salt

Re: Is There Anything Happening on the Sky? - 12/29/03 07:47 PM

Quote:
Isn't the Ben Howard bridge in Sultan?
Last time I checked it was

The Ben Howard boat launch is closer to Monroe on the south side of the river. That's what was being referred to by the term "Sultan to Ben Howard." smile

I don't think the bridge in Sultan is on Ben Howard rd. either. That road "T"s with BH road about a quarter mile down.

Re: Is There Anything Happening on the Sky? - 12/30/03 01:14 AM

We have always called that bridge in Sultan the Ben Howard, so that it what I thought he was referring to.
Posted by: Queetsqueef

Re: Is There Anything Happening on the Sky? - 12/30/03 08:56 AM

If you come to high bridge make sure you bring a clue. I've been "blown out of the water" by newbies and very poor river habits. While I've been pulling plugs for a half hour setting myself up for fish and somebody pulls below me and drops anchor right as I get ready to hit the tail. Just one fine example of the incompetence I've seen the last few times out. Sultan to Ben Howard offers a great playground for dipsticks with their brand new drift boats, and brand new abilities. Go down there and row around in circles, learn to drift and then try High Bridge.
Posted by: Chum Eater

Re: Is There Anything Happening on the Sky? - 12/30/03 09:27 AM

eek confused