Toon fish

Posted by: moocher man

Toon fish - 12/29/03 09:09 PM

Calling all "Toon" fisher's how about a list of river's that you have"toon" fishing/ rafting experience on. I have fished the Snoq. (Tokul Creek to Carnation) (winter/summer runs) and Elocholman (sp) Diversion dam to the main highway (winter run). beer
Posted by: Salmo g.

Re: Toon fish - 12/31/03 12:52 AM

Moocher Man,

I don't have a 'toon, but I use a small raft that I bought before I knew about 'toons. A good pontoon boat can handle rougher water than my raft, but my little Achilles has been on:

Skagit, Sauk, N.F. Stillaguamish, Skykomish, Deschutes, Cowlitz, Willapa, Chehalis, Satsop, Wynoochee, Humptulips, Quinault, Queets, Hoh, Bogachiel, Wenatchee, Grand Ronde, Snake, and S. F. Snake. And maybe some others.

It's an effective way to get around on a lot of water.

Sincerely,

Salmo g.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Toon fish - 12/31/03 12:56 AM

Achillies huh... Would that be the model with the wood transom just the right size for a 15hp w/pump?

You could be onto something here.... Shhhh
Posted by: tyeedog

Re: Toon fish - 12/31/03 02:58 PM

It was sure hard steping into the water for a sunrise float near Sultan one morning last season with ice forming on the ol rod tip. Well a couple miles down river the way that big steele hit that plug and took me for a ride, I was hooked pard...
Posted by: Salmo g.

Re: Toon fish - 12/31/03 04:06 PM

Piper,

No, that's a different and larger model, and very useful in its own way. Mine's the little guy (LT-2) that rolls up into a 30 lb. carry sack with pump and oars. Great for stealth launching when there's no boat ramp, and stealth exiting too. Yeah, I know, great for low-holing the boats that are confined to developed launch sites. Mainly, I like its great portability, so I can take along, just in case, and leave the canoe and jet boat home.

Sincerely,

Salmo g.
Posted by: cowlitzfisherman

Re: Toon fish - 12/31/03 04:22 PM

Happy New years Salmo! thumbs

Any "new holes" in your rubber duck yet" laugh

Cowlitzfishereman