Prefs?

Posted by: ParaLeaks

Prefs? - 01/01/04 07:46 PM

One thing for sure about a steelhead and salmon BB.....every method of fishing imaginable will be represented. I know we all have preferences. So, without bashing any other's, what are yours?

Here's mine:

I prefer smaller rivers. I like being able to fish many holes in a day, and switch from one river to another without being committed to spending the whole day in one or two spots. I move around a lot, and each new hole is a fresh excitement.
I will use a variety of lures, and I can't tell you before I get to the river what I'll be using...anything from straight yarn, to a corkie, to a spoon. I don't use plugs, spinners, or bait. I use a single hook on everything. I am not a light line user, which I feel is in keeping with my preference for small water.
And, of course, I would like to be closer to all the rivers I love...I don't especially enjoy a long drive to and from the river. beer
Posted by: Jigman

Re: Prefs? - 01/02/04 02:29 AM

I also enjoy the smaller rivers. Spend most of my time bank fishing. I usually carry 2 rods, one rigged with a float and jig and the other I like to throw spinners. I usually only take the drift boat out half a dozen times a year any more........can't seem to find the time for all day trips.
Posted by: DawgDrvr

Re: Prefs? - 01/02/04 03:29 AM

i have only fished 3 rivers sence returning from Iraq. The Nisqually ,Cowlitz,and the Skookumchuck. i am pretty much a novice at river fishing . up untill last Feb (when i deployed ) i was primarily a bass fisherman. Sence i havn't been river fishing all that long, i am useing everything at my disposal. spoons spinners , drift gear. with good results so far .as far as river size i prefer the smaller rivers. i find i can read the water more easily than larger rivers . thumbs
Posted by: DawgDrvr

Re: Prefs? - 01/02/04 03:30 AM

i have only fished 3 rivers sence returning from Iraq. The Nisqually ,Cowlitz,and the Skookumchuck. i am pretty much a novice at river fishing . up untill last Feb (when i deployed ) i was primarily a bass fisherman. Sence i havn't been river fishing all that long, i am useing everything at my disposal. spoons spinners , drift gear. with good results so far .as far as river size i prefer the smaller rivers. i find i can read the water more easily than larger rivers . thumbs
Posted by: wolverine

Re: Prefs? - 01/02/04 12:14 PM

I fish the smaller rivers when the water is going up and fish are really on the move. The mid sized ones when the water is dropping. Not being a river boat owner I usually plunk the big rivers for a change of pace.