"Bolt Decision"--Complete Case

Posted by: DrifterWA

"Bolt Decision"--Complete Case - 02/02/04 11:56 AM

I had never read a copy of the Bolt Decision, in my thread:

"Quinault tribe---5 days a week, till April 15", a person, Green Sauks, took the time to scan and download the complete case.

Makes for some interesting reading....still don't like it but now I've read it and saw all the Lawyers involved....by name

Thanks --- Green Sauks..... Now others might "enjoy" the reading also...

"Worse day sporting , still better than the best day working"
Posted by: Plunker

Re: "Bolt Decision"--Complete Case - 02/02/04 04:28 PM

Drifter,

The decision was copied from a web page where it has been available for many years.

You can find it at:
http://www.ccrh.org/comm/river/legal/boldt.htm

With an IE browser you can click on "File" and then "Save As..." to keep a copy in your computers documents so it is always handy.

If you poke around on the same website you can find some other relevant decisions and agreements of interest.

Don't let the "therefore's and "where as's" or the "should's and shall's" scare you. With a little cerebral effort the meaning and intent is quite easy to pick out of the legalese jargon.
laugh
Posted by: GreenSauks

Re: "Bolt Decision"--Complete Case - 02/02/04 06:03 PM

Drifter...My pleasure, it only took a couple seconds to post. Takes quite a bit longer to read though smile
I figured it was time to post it as it appeared that most complain about the decision without ever have read it. I just wish that more of the tribes were more fluent in Chinook Jargon when the Treaty/Treaties were signed, Mr. Stevens was such a sneaky dude... or was he?

AuntyM...Right on the money! smile

Bill

Re: "Bolt Decision"--Complete Case - 02/02/04 09:50 PM

rolleyes flog laugh

Re: "Bolt Decision"--Complete Case - 02/02/04 10:27 PM

thumbs What would Grandpa do?

(Grandpa thinks wild steelhead should be released: Jerry Garcia)
Posted by: micropterus101

Re: "Bolt Decision"--Complete Case - 02/03/04 05:57 AM

Great thanks for posting this link! now I have more to complain about! from a brief speed read I see that even the provisions in this descision are not being upheld. maybe it would be better if they were.