Vinyl non-slip boat flooring

Posted by: Dogfish

Vinyl non-slip boat flooring - 06/20/04 01:52 AM

Anybody know where I can find either 12' or 8' wide vinyl non-slip boat flooring. The interior of my boat is just over 6.5' wide (78.5"), and I don't want a seam. I have found 8' wide carpet, but can't find a suitable vinyl source.

Thanks in advance!

Andy.

(yes, another boat project)
Posted by: Slacktide

Re: Vinyl non-slip boat flooring - 06/20/04 03:49 AM

Sorry, I think it is only available in 54" and 72" widths. Defender Marine is by far the cheapest supplier, at 13.50/yard for the 72" stuff. I used it on the inside sidewalls of the boat, but I wanted something more durable and easier to clean on the floor. I bought a 1 gallon kit of 2-part epoxy floor paint from Lowes (NOT the rust-oleum brand stuff, i'ts water based and not a true epoxy) I put on two coats plain, then two coats with Interlux non-skid additive mixed in. It comes out a smooth but still non-skid finish, much easier to clean the fish blood off of than the Nautolex vinyl that was on the floor before. It's held up great for 2 seasons so far.
Posted by: grandpa

Re: Vinyl non-slip boat flooring - 06/20/04 10:07 AM

Check this product out. I use it commercially for nonslip flooring . It is about $100 a gallon plus shipping. It is a polyurethane product with crushed rubber for the non slip coating. Notice they use it on tugboats

http://www.nonslipcoating.com/automotive.htm
Posted by: eyeFISH

Re: Vinyl non-slip boat flooring - 06/20/04 11:24 AM

Thanks for that link Grandpa! Sounds like a winter project to me.
Posted by: larryb

Re: Vinyl non-slip boat flooring - 06/20/04 06:32 PM

at work we just use a good oil base paint and add sand to it wors great and it can be any color
Posted by: Kyle_A

Re: Vinyl non-slip boat flooring - 06/22/04 10:23 PM

Well I thought I had your answer, but after looking again, the stuff I used from Cabela's was only 72" wide. Hmmmm. Maybe call one of the boat manufacturers, Willie or Alumaweld. Maybe they can source it for you.