QuickSilver TCw3

Posted by: eyeFISH

QuickSilver TCw3 - 06/23/04 10:53 PM

Any body have a good cheap source for this premium outboard motor oil? Heard Costco stocks it seasonally but did not find it in the Olympia store yesterday..

Any suggestions?
Posted by: HBP

Re: QuickSilver TCw3 - 06/23/04 11:04 PM

You might check out the boat dealers in your area. The Yamaha dealer in Everett sells gallons of the Yamaha oil for about $20. If you take an old jug in you can buy it in bulk for $10-11,thats cheaper than Quiksilver.
Posted by: Winterun

Re: QuickSilver TCw3 - 06/24/04 01:29 AM

Doc,
I can't remember the price we sell it for??? But it's by the gallon and under 15 or 16 bucks!!! I just got a pallet of it in.
Winterun.
Posted by: grandpa

Re: QuickSilver TCw3 - 06/24/04 03:30 AM

I only use the Mercury oil even though I think most of it is the same. Just to preserve warrantees and so on...Anyway I try to stock up at Costco at $11 per gallon last time I bought it. It is really unpredictable when they have it though. No stock so far this year. GI Joes has it on sale from time to time but they will probably not have any stock 5 minutes after the ad runs....They don't do rain checks but will take a "special order" for the sale price and notify you when it is in.
Posted by: BiteMe Fishy

Re: QuickSilver TCw3 - 06/24/04 09:41 AM

Grandpa, you can ask the info desk at costco when they are getting it in and they will be able to give you a good idea of the timeline.
Posted by: RiverLiver

Re: QuickSilver TCw3 - 06/24/04 04:38 PM

I buy Castrol TCW-3 at Wally World for about $8.00 a gallon and use it in my 2004 225 V-Max with no problems. One of my clients is VP of Tesoro Fuel and told that TCW-3 is TCW-3 and as long as it meets or beats factory specs (which it will), it will not hurt your warranty. The main diff in the oils are additives and coloring agents.
Posted by: Elkman

Re: QuickSilver TCw3 - 06/24/04 07:49 PM

Costco in Silverdale has it in stock, I will get you the price when I go to work on friday.

later

Elkman

Ryan
Posted by: Dogfish

Re: QuickSilver TCw3 - 06/24/04 11:01 PM

I'm going 4-stroke in a month and will never have to deal with it again! Naah na naah na naaahhh nah. ;\)

I've always used Lubrimatic in my engines and never had an issue in the top end.

Andy
Posted by: RK43

Re: QuickSilver TCw3 - 06/25/04 10:14 AM

GI Joes has it foe 17.00.
Posted by: Hoghunter

Re: QuickSilver TCw3 - 06/26/04 09:47 AM

Just got a BoatUS flyer and they have Havoline TCW3 on sale for $7.99 a gallon.
Posted by: rwgav8

Re: QuickSilver TCw3 - 06/27/04 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by grandpa:
GI Joes has it on sale from time to time but they will probably not have any stock 5 minutes after the ad runs....They don't do rain checks but will take a "special order" for the sale price and notify you when it is in.
ITS ON SALE NOW!!!!! $12.99/gal

You've got 5 min to get yours.......hehehe