curious e-mail from ltlcleo

Posted by: ParaLeaks

curious e-mail from ltlcleo - 07/15/04 11:10 PM

I got an email from Ltlcleo with an attachment today. Subject reads "Notification".

I am hesitant to open it as I am concerned it may be a virus forwarding itself. I don't remember any e-mails from Ltlcleo before, but I don't want to delete it if it is legitimate.

So I am inquiring......have any of you heard from Ltlcleo recently?

Any info greatfully received. Thanks.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: curious e-mail from ltlcleo - 07/15/04 11:22 PM

Fun5,

Odds are very high that it is not from Ltlcleo, at all.

The virus's today go searching through the E-mail address books on any infected computer, inserting assorted names in the "From" box, hoping someone will trust it and open the file.

Don't you have anti-virus protection? (aka computer condom?)

Here is the one I run...low cost and one of the best out there. Updates are daily, and it has never once let me down in over 3 years.

http://www.my-etrust.com/

As to the file you have, I would not open it until I verified the sender. Send Ltlcleo an e-mail asking about it, to be sure.

My 2 cents..

Mike
Posted by: Mooch

Re: curious e-mail from ltlcleo - 07/16/04 12:57 AM

F5A

If you get through to ltl, say hi from the rest of the gang.
Posted by: B Mac

Re: curious e-mail from ltlcleo - 07/16/04 01:04 AM

Little Cleo was sighted recentley on one of the OP rivers. Two of my buddies ran into him on the river and had a nice conversation with him. I understand he broke things off with his best gal and she took the computer with her, so he hasn't had access to the internet.
Posted by: fishguyd

Re: curious e-mail from ltlcleo - 07/16/04 01:26 AM

Hey guys

The last time I saw Ltlcleo he was huntin' beaver and fishing for bass on a lake in Mason Co. (a couple days ago) I do know that he is not doing the computer thing right now especially not sending E-mails that have subjects of notification. My wife (she's the computer geek) says it sounds like a computer virus or spam. Most likely I will be tossin' back a few cold ones with him tomorrow and will let him know that he is back on the board.
Posted by: Mooch

Re: curious e-mail from ltlcleo - 07/16/04 01:50 AM

Dudes,

Tell him I'm sorry to hear about his lady, but does he still have the Suub?
Posted by: Fishingjunky15

Re: curious e-mail from ltlcleo - 07/16/04 02:29 AM

Try opening it at the library. Or you inlaws' house, buddy's, neighbor's, etc.
Posted by: grumpyr

Re: curious e-mail from ltlcleo - 07/16/04 11:42 AM

Fogged In, I tried to get in touch with you last night on your cell re: your phone message. Hope your relative is feeling better. Maybe we can hook up before I head out.
F5A, what I do is save all attachments to a folder on a non system partition, then scan with Norton before opening. Having said that, Fogged In has a good point and this e-mail is highly suspect and should only be opened on a computer belonging to someone you aren't particularly fond of.
G