Quillecene or skok

Posted by: chumbuster1

Quillecene or skok - 09/20/04 10:15 PM

Quillecene or skok , that is the problem i am going out on tuesday and was wondering what is doing better,any idea s would be great
Posted by: free time

Re: Quillecene or skok - 09/20/04 11:50 PM

I went up to the quill on saturday and the river is polluted with chum, and the silvers are far and few. I happened to flush out 4 silvers but the meat isnt that great in color. The skok has brighter fish and bigger ones, but the water is a little colored and high. I guess if u just want meat go floss them out of the quil. I hope this helps.
Posted by: jackiepoo

Re: Quillecene or skok - 09/21/04 05:08 PM

Wow a public admission of flossing on this site, are you a fan of suicidal tendencies? Or did you catch your silvers on eggs and just are witness to flossing. Or wait you could be tribal and really have the in on the silvers.
Posted by: angelofdeath

Re: Quillecene or skok - 09/22/04 02:08 AM

i fished the quilcene--once--two falls ago.

in regards to fishing ethics, it was a nightmare. the only fish being caught were snagged, cornered in holes, then hooked by what ever means neccessary.

i saw braided line, treble hooks poured into one ounce weights with red yarn attatched, huge rocks being trown into logjams to move the fish into places where they could be easily seen then snagged. i even saw a guy sending his dog into pools to spook schools of fish upstream. this all happened in a couple hundred yards of river.

the WDFW calls this reciprocity. i call it an attrocity.

if you want to "fish" gto somewhere else.
Posted by: Easy E

Re: Quillecene or skok - 09/22/04 03:24 PM

The Quilcene is a joke. Stay away unless you have a strong stomache.
Posted by: fish-onNW

Re: Quillecene or skok - 09/22/04 11:58 PM

i went to the skok yesterday for lunch and saw what made the carbon look nice. Everybody I was standing next to was tryin to jones the fish. They wern't even trying to hide it either. Then we went down river aways, for some sollitude, and about 10 minutes a truck came bouncin down the dirt tribal road accross the river and out hopped 4 adults w/their young kids. One girl was reachin into the hole we were fishing w/a net w/a 10' handle tryin to scoop out the fish. We quit fishing and watched in amazement as her brother, im assuming, chucked a 2ounce lead w/ a leader of 5 huge trebbles on it. After the first two casts, and fish. we left shaking our heads.
Posted by: gottagofishin

Re: Quillecene or skok - 09/24/04 02:47 PM

Yep, that's all standard for both rivers. Nothing is surprising at either location.
If you go, bring a good sense of humor.