Zeballos BC

Posted by: Mr.Twister

Zeballos BC - 10/11/04 01:47 AM

Anyone ever fish there? Am thinking of booking a trip there next year. Any info would be much appreciated!
Posted by: Fishinnut

Re: Zeballos BC - 10/11/04 09:37 AM

Gold River Fish Camp is in the same area and the the owners of Outdoor Emporium bought into it. Call and talk to Mike or Dave down there or go see them. They are across the parking lot from CC Filson and just east of the Mariners Stadium at the bottom of I90.

Outdoor Emporium
1701 4th Avenue South
Seattle, WA 98134
206-624-6642
Posted by: OntheColumbia

Re: Zeballos BC - 10/11/04 04:27 PM

Goinfishin, this past August/Sept we were in Zeballos and fished the next sound north of there - Kyuquat Sound - for eight days.

I didn't see too many lodge/guide operations in Zeballos proper. What I did see I was not impressed with. With all the options on Vancouver Island, Zeballos would not be my choice as a place to stay, pass through OK, but not stay. (sorry if anyone's offended)

More questions?

Re: Zeballos BC - 10/11/04 09:05 PM

Garyk,

How was the fishing up there?
Posted by: IronNoggin

Re: Zeballos BC - 10/12/04 05:24 PM

Although well up-Island from where I currently live, I've been up to that area frequently over the last six or eight years. I am only aware of one outfit in that sleepy little backwater that offers sportsfishing packages, although Dave Murphy and crew (one of the Island's very BEST) I believe operate out of a lodge near there. Simply look him up on the net: http://www.murphysportfishing.com/ He has a very interesting component dedicated to Kyuquot Sound on that site, check it out for more info... HIGHLY Recommended!

Salmon fishing can be terrific offshore the Inlet/Sound. There's a very real reason the commercial trollers operate a fair bit right there during their increasingly limited openings! Mainly a passage fishery, but in July and through late August, you can expect to hit anything from 30 through 50 pounds and change of chinook, and loads of coho as well. Later, the doggies make an appearance (like now) and the area has some absolutely fantastic rockfish opps.

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Nog

Re: Zeballos BC - 10/12/04 09:44 PM

Thanks for the great info guys!! It really helps! \:D
Posted by: JDavis

Re: Zeballos BC - 10/17/04 02:40 PM

The Gold River Fish camp is in Nootka
While it is possible to fish other than Nootka from there you would be running quite a bit.
Most anglers out of Zeballos fish Esperanza Inlet. Rodgers runs 17 Whalers near here and there are also several others CeePeeC (spelling it wrong) - tho I think he runs out of closer to Thasis - he has sturdy Eagle Craft I think and that guy catches fish:) Rodgers guys get their share as well. be advised that most of the "hot-spots" are surfline fishing in the rocks and swell and that while not combat it get's busy during peak times. Also, the road to Z is 25mi of rock with somewhat minimal services when you get there. Z has a website.