GO SOX !!

Posted by: B-RUN STEELY

GO SOX !! - 10/20/04 08:18 PM

Q: What is a Yankee
A: Its like a quickie but you do it yourself !!
Posted by: jam session

Re: GO SOX !! - 10/20/04 08:26 PM

Brun
That's good...I am an anything but Yankee fan also!

Hey, how'd your float on the Salmon go? Was hoping for a trip report (thought you were going too far!) but you probably missed my request in a thread several weeks ago. I did 100miles of the same trip about 10 years ago in my driftboat and would love to go back.

Re: GO SOX !! - 10/20/04 08:37 PM

It was good but after two days of pounding rain we called it when we got to Whitebird. Going to try again next year. We made 40 miles a day. Can you say forward stroke !!! At times it reminded me of those movies where the slaves are rowing and the big dude is beating a drum.. gong.. gong..gong..gong..gong

Re: GO SOX !! - 10/20/04 08:47 PM

Yeah that's what I thought. We only did 20 miles a day and it was too much. No time to fish or goof around in camp. We went in fairly low water in Aug. The rapids were still fun (I'll never forget the left side of Salmon falls) but an upriver wind in the flat stretches was a real drag that needed the slave driver. At least we had 90 deg weather instead of rain.
Better luck next year!
Posted by: steely slammer

Re: GO SOX !! - 10/20/04 09:22 PM

ya baby goooooooooo BO SOX

Re: GO SOX !! - 10/20/04 09:57 PM

Johnny D rocks!
3 for 3, 2hr, 6rbi and its only the fourth inning.
Posted by: Fishingjunky15

Re: GO SOX !! - 10/20/04 10:09 PM

Sox 8, Yanks (can also insert: rich team that buys its way to the top) 1 in the 5th.
Posted by: Koho King

Re: GO SOX !! - 10/20/04 11:08 PM

Johnny D's come out of his slump hasn't he.

8-3 now with Pedro pitching in the 7th...

Re: GO SOX !! - 10/20/04 11:41 PM

Even with a 6 run lead, its still not a given until the last out in the 9th... These are the Red Sox right \:D
Its nerve racking for me even with the lead .
...Although they may be adding to the lead right now in the top of the 9th.

Re: GO SOX !! - 10/21/04 12:01 AM

Red Sox win!!!

What you just witnessed was the slow flushing away of a $184+ million payroll \:D

Good for the Sox, being the first team in baseball history to come back from down 3-0 to winnning game 7 and going to the World Series! And to do it in the house that Ruth built! \:D
Posted by: Mooch

Re: GO SOX !! - 10/21/04 12:16 AM

Wow. Johnny be good!
Congrats on a fantastic accomplishment, Boston. And good luck on the Series. What cruel hoax it would be to lose it all now.

But you just gotta love small ball. Hope the series is as good as the divisions.

Go Mariners in 2005!
Posted by: bob b

Re: GO SOX !! - 10/21/04 12:39 AM

To all Sox fans,while waiting for the series to start read The Teammates. Couldn't put it down,finished it in one night.
Posted by: h2o

Re: GO SOX !! - 10/21/04 01:20 AM

it's the hair what did it
Posted by: steely slammer

Re: GO SOX !! - 10/21/04 09:39 AM

and the best part about it is Mr greedy A-rod is going home and watch the world series on TV...
Posted by: stlhd_dreaming

Re: GO SOX !! - 10/21/04 10:09 AM

LONG LIVE THE SOX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: GO SOX !! - 10/21/04 10:24 AM

Anybody catch the commercial with Steinbrener with his arm in a cast ( Torres saying " we are gonna need this arm" ) and Steinbrener trying to sign a check.... Priceless

Re: GO SOX !! - 10/21/04 11:09 AM

Their payroll next year will be double this years \:D .

This is George S's worst nightmare- to be up 3-0 and to lose the next 4 games (1st time in history), to lose game 7 in Yankee stadium, and to lose to those damn Red Sox!

It'll be a bit anti-climatic for the Sox, they may be emotionally and physically drained from their Yankees series (Varitek was just exhausted catching all those extra innings...). They better not let their guard down in the WS.
Posted by: stlhd_dreaming

Re: GO SOX !! - 10/21/04 11:24 AM

Imagine this..........

Clemens pitching against the Red Sox in the World series. Possibility

Kerry= Mass
Bush= Texas
Long live the SOX
Posted by: paul in b'ham

Re: GO SOX !! - 10/21/04 12:15 PM

I might not be a Sox fan .......

But I sure HATE the spankees and there "cheater king" ..... K-Rod
Posted by: STRIKE ZONE

Re: GO SOX !! - 10/21/04 02:13 PM

Go Sox!!!!.Good luck,
STRIKE ZONE
Posted by: SKYSTEELHEAD

Re: GO SOX !! - 10/21/04 03:04 PM

GO RED SOX!!!
H2O, Yeah I agree with you on the hair thing!! \:D
Posted by: thesled

Re: GO SOX !! - 10/21/04 04:12 PM

The hair might have gotten them this far, but its all up to the team midget now. Go midget