Limits for minors

Posted by: DeFrag

Limits for minors - 12/10/04 04:29 PM

My 16 year old has his license (shellfish too) but my 14 & 12 year old boys do not.

Can they keep what they catch?
Do they have a limit?

Or does what they catch have to go on my catch-card or my oldest son's?

TIA \:\)
Posted by: R W B

Re: Limits for minors - 12/10/04 04:47 PM

Page 16 of the printed regulations states that age 14 and under are FREE. They however have to have their own catch record card which is also free with the liscence. Since they don't get a liscense they still must get a free catch card and record any catch. See catch record card requirements by species on page 18. That's the way I read and understand it.
Posted by: DL

Re: Limits for minors - 12/10/04 06:37 PM

I've been told that my young sons had to have a catch record card. All regulations apply, but no license is required.
Posted by: Spartan

Re: Limits for minors - 12/10/04 06:58 PM

True. 15 years and younger requires no license but they do need a catch record, which is free, and they need to follow all the same rules as the rest of us.

Posted by: stlhdfishn

Re: Limits for minors - 12/10/04 08:41 PM

H#ll just let the minors decide heard on the news it is against the law to listen in on their phone conversations infringes on their privacy glad I'm not a parent must be real difficult nowadays.
Posted by: stlhead

Re: Limits for minors - 12/12/04 08:44 PM

Michael Jackson is going to be pissed about this proposed limit on minors.
Posted by: Smalma

Re: Limits for minors - 12/12/04 09:58 PM

Spartan -
I believe that 15 years olds are required to have a license. The free lic. is for those juveniles 14 and younger.

Smalma