'Osama bin Laden made lives better'

Posted by: Rory Bellows

'Osama bin Laden made lives better' - 09/30/04 07:28 PM

'Osama bin Laden made lives better'

That's what the Sen. Patty Murray (the Osama-Mama) said.....

Listen to the recording of her saying it :

http://www.nethercuttforsenate.com/go.cfm?do=News.View&nid=145

In the wake of 9/11, Sen. Patty Murray said Osama bin Laden's "been out in these countries for decades, building schools, building roads, building infrastructure, building day care facilities, building health care facilities, and the people are extremely grateful. He's made their lives better. We have not done that."
Posted by: Dave D

Re: 'Osama bin Laden made lives better' - 09/30/04 07:42 PM

Wish I could hear the rest of the speach to see what the context was.....
Posted by: Theking

Re: 'Osama bin Laden made lives better' - 09/30/04 07:42 PM

I have been waiting for that to come up and I am suprised it took so long. It hardly made a ripple here because her buddy Mcdermott had been shooting his pie hole off in the same vain much earlier.
Posted by: jeff'e'd

Re: 'Osama bin Laden made lives better' - 09/30/04 07:45 PM

This is another classic "cut part of what someonse has to say" and make an attack add and twist the words. Thank you for clarifying that Nethercut is just another attack dog Republican who would rather try to rip his opponent rather than talk about what he do for Washington. That's all I need to know.
Posted by: 4Salt

Re: 'Osama bin Laden made lives better' - 09/30/04 07:48 PM

There's that pesky context issue again... huh RB? :rolleyes: ;\)

I believe she was referring to the fact that, in their view, the U.S. government perhaps hadn't done as much for the people of Afghanistan (pre-911) as Osama and his money may have. Unlike Saddam, I don't believe he tortured and killed a lot of his followers. He may even have represented somewhat of a 'Robin Hood' type figure to certain people in the Arab world.

She CERTAINLY WAS NOT defending him in any way shape or form. Merely speculating as to why he is more popular in the Islamic world than we are.
Posted by: jeff'e'd

Re: 'Osama bin Laden made lives better' - 09/30/04 07:50 PM

I was thinking the same thing 4-Salt.

Re: 'Osama bin Laden made lives better' - 09/30/04 07:51 PM

4salt,

So you believe like Patty Murray that Osama bin Laden enriched the lives of the people of Afghanistan?

Re: 'Osama bin Laden made lives better' - 09/30/04 07:59 PM

You're the 'history guy' Rory... Do a little Googlin' on Osama and Afghanistan in the 80's, when he was our... get this... ALLY in helping Afghanistan defeat the Russian invaders. ;\)

He IS a despicable murdering villian to most of the world, (including me) but he is also viewed as a hero by some for things other than masterminding 911.

Re: 'Osama bin Laden made lives better' - 09/30/04 08:18 PM

4Salt,

Adolf Hitler was viewed 'by some as a hero' for reasons other than starting WWII....would it have been appropriate for a United States Senator to boast about his philanthropy and kindness to group of school children while the ovens still were still warm at Auschwitz?

Re: 'Osama bin Laden made lives better' - 09/30/04 08:24 PM

That's where you're gettin' off track RB (purposely for the sake of entertainment I'm guessin' ;\) ) Senator Murray WAS NOT praising him... merely stating facts. ;\)
Posted by: thesled

Re: 'Osama bin Laden made lives better' - 09/30/04 08:38 PM

I agree with salt,
Context plays a role here, also you cannot effectivley compare Hitler and Bin Laden. Yeah there both evil, but Hitler destroyed his country and his own people.
Posted by: Mau10Man

Re: 'Osama bin Laden made lives better' - 09/30/04 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 4Salt:
That's where you're gettin' off track RB (purposely for the sake of entertainment I'm guessin' ;\) ) Senator Murray WAS NOT praising him... merely stating facts. ;\)
No 4Salt, I disagree. Listen to her last sentence. She was directly comparing the US to OBL. There is no "out of context" issue here. Everyone that was interviewed about the meeting at that high school said that she was comparing the two...

That woman is a disgrace to this state and to this nation and we have been worse off with her in DC since day 1.
Posted by: thesled

Re: 'Osama bin Laden made lives better' - 09/30/04 10:15 PM

If your right MM, then she truely is a disgrace. What was she thinking?
Posted by: eddie

Re: 'Osama bin Laden made lives better' - 09/30/04 11:38 PM

Rory, you said "Adolf Hitler was viewed 'by some as a hero' for reasons other than starting WWII....would it have been appropriate for a United States Senator to boast about his philanthropy and kindness to group of school children while the ovens still were still warm at Auschwitz? "

I think you might find some very interesting reading in the Congressional Record from 1934 - 1938 if you care to look.

Re: 'Osama bin Laden made lives better' - 10/01/04 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by eddie:

Rory, you said "Adolf Hitler was viewed 'by some as a hero' for reasons other than starting WWII....would it have been appropriate for a United States Senator to boast about his philanthropy and kindness to group of school children while the ovens still were still warm at Auschwitz? "

I think you might find some very interesting reading in the Congressional Record from 1934 - 1938 if you care to look.
------------------------------------------------------------
Eddie,

The 'ovens at Auschwitz' weren't warm during the period of 1934-1938. If they had been, then anything positive said by an elected US representative about Hitler would have been as disgusting and inappropriate as Sen. Murray's positve comments about Osama bin Laden in the wake of 9/11.
Posted by: papaslap

Re: 'Osama bin Laden made lives better' - 10/01/04 01:03 AM

and besides that she kills illegals:

http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/uploads/UP6300.jpg
Posted by: papaslap

Re: 'Osama bin Laden made lives better' - 10/01/04 01:09 AM

so why didn't the image come right up?

Re: 'Osama bin Laden made lives better' - 10/01/04 09:29 AM

Fair point Rory - and Murray was not talking about the events of 9/11 either. Some context is required.
Posted by: grandpa

Re: 'Osama bin Laden made lives better' - 10/01/04 09:05 PM

Murray and McDermott....two peas in a pod. Murray thinks her job is to be a mouthpiece for the far left of her party. She does a good job at it. Especially the blame America first. Just like Baghdad Jim.
Posted by: goharley

Re: 'Osama bin Laden made lives better' - 10/03/04 11:25 PM

This is pretty old news. And if you heard the entire speech, or payed attention a year ago, you'd realize that she was pointing out to the audience why the Afghans and Pakistanis are protecting him from being captured. Why do they have such a different view of him than we, as Americans, do? Why can't they see him as the monster we do? Because he has done so much more for them than we have, she pointed out.

It's called knowing your enemy. Understanding what you're up against and who your enemy's allies are. Very basic military strategy. Of course Nethercutt wouldn't understand that since he holds military personnel in contempt, anyway.

By the way, that last remark is referenced from 18 months ago, so if you weren't paying attention then, I'm not going to school you now. Go google. ;\)

Re: 'Osama bin Laden made lives better' - 10/04/04 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by goharley:
This is pretty old news. And if you heard the entire speech, or payed attention a year ago, you'd realize that she was pointing out to the audience why the Afghans and Pakistanis are protecting him from being captured. Why do they have such a different view of him than we, as Americans, do? Why can't they see him as the monster we do? Because he has done so much more for them than we have, she pointed out.

This is were people on the left get stupid and I mean IVY league stupid.

Hey harley, can you name me ONE F**KING hospital or day care that good old OBL built in Afghanistan or Pakistan? You can't becasue it didn't happen!!!!

So either she is too stupid to realize that women in Afghanistan, who are not allowed to work, need "DAY CARE CENTERS" or she was just plain old American bashing.

Your pick?

Re: 'Osama bin Laden made lives better' - 10/04/04 10:57 AM

Harley dreamed that OBL built hopitals and schools and a Krispy Kreme so it must be true.
Posted by: h2o

Re: 'Osama bin Laden made lives better' - 10/04/04 12:08 PM

Line up all of the stupid shiat Bouche has said (IN context) and it makes Senator Murray's comments look like a college thesis.

Re: 'Osama bin Laden made lives better' - 10/04/04 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by h2o:

and it makes Senator Murray's comments look like a college thesis. [/QB]

Maybe......at Evergreen or Berkley
Posted by: h2o

Re: 'Osama bin Laden made lives better' - 10/04/04 01:02 PM

Are you trying to force my hand? I'll post a littany of Bouche's doltisms if you really want me to....again!!
Posted by: Dave D

Re: 'Osama bin Laden made lives better' - 10/04/04 03:55 PM

You will over load the server \:D

Re: 'Osama bin Laden made lives better' - 10/04/04 05:33 PM

Osama does not like Bush, it's the custom in Afghanistan for the women to have no body hair. So he would not like ol Patty because if I had to think about it I would bet she is sporting a monster hedge.

Re: 'Osama bin Laden made lives better' - 10/04/04 06:36 PM

Truly classy King, truly classy....
Posted by: grandpa

Re: 'Osama bin Laden made lives better' - 10/04/04 10:57 PM

Quote:
monster hedge.
All I had to do was look at her and now I have a doubly irritating vision in my mind of the mom in tennis shoes.
Posted by: Dan S.

Re: 'Osama bin Laden made lives better' - 10/04/04 11:25 PM

Come clean.............you guys want her.

I think TK is dying to bring out the shears and trim up that hedge.

Sorry. \:D

Re: 'Osama bin Laden made lives better' - 10/05/04 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by h2o:
Line up all of the stupid shiat Bouche has said (IN context) and it makes Senator Murray's comments look like a college thesis.
So, instead of defending the "Furry Murry" you go ahead and try and hyjack the thread and push it off on Bush....

Pretty pathetic there aquaman.....

Re: 'Osama bin Laden made lives better' - 10/05/04 10:43 AM

Sorry Eddie. I know Furry represents the true NW woman. The liberal single mom manhater NOW feminazi. Shaving thier legs is capitulating to male dominance. So I probably insulted someones wife or mom.

Re: 'Osama bin Laden made lives better' - 10/05/04 11:01 AM

King - let me ask you this - Would your perceptions of George Nethercutt's personal habits and grooming be an appropriate subject for discussion? How about 'rhoids, body odor, erectile dysfunction? Are these germane to the campaign? I would hope that we all would be a bit more classy. After all, even a lefty like me can think of many legitimate reasons to criticize the both of them.

Re: 'Osama bin Laden made lives better' - 10/05/04 11:27 AM

Eddie,

Absolutly. But this thread was about Murray. If GN had anything that struck me as funny I would not hesitate.

Re: 'Osama bin Laden made lives better' - 10/05/04 11:36 AM

That says a lot about you......

Re: 'Osama bin Laden made lives better' - 10/05/04 11:58 AM

What that I poke at people for fun? Specifically people in the public spotlight.

Re: 'Osama bin Laden made lives better' - 10/05/04 12:01 PM

Why don't you post your picture here? 1675 posts ought to put you in the Public Spotlight - we can poke fun at you!! All in good humor of course....

Re: 'Osama bin Laden made lives better' - 10/05/04 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mau10Man:
Hey harley, can you name me ONE F**KING hospital or day care that good old OBL built in Afghanistan or Pakistan?
Can you name one the US built? Probably not, because, as you so brilliantly put it:
Quote:
Originally posted by Mau10Man:
You can't becasue it didn't happen!!!!
But your Ivy League brilliance misses the main point of the context. Can you give us any plausible reasons why the local inhabitants are protecting bin Laden? Surely you're not so naive as to believe they don't know how to, or where to find him. :rolleyes:

Again, basic military strategy; obviously lost on you psuedo-combat hardened Ivy Leaguers.

Re: 'Osama bin Laden made lives better' - 10/05/04 12:14 PM

Eddie,

I can laugh at myself it is a prerequistie for laughing at others. People with thin skin are usually the ones trying to hide something.

Harley,

The point is that Murray said something that was not true and that she could not prove. That combined with other comments over time gave the appearance that she was an Al Queda apologist. It is fair to hold her accountable for that appearance as an elected official. It is her duty to prove it false which she has yet to do to the publics satisfaction. It has zero to do with military strrategy.

Re: 'Osama bin Laden made lives better' - 10/05/04 01:42 PM

Oh, BS. What she said was that bin Laden had done more for the people of that region than the US had at that time. Can you dispute that?

She was talking to a bunch of high schoolers, who generally have a limited and shallow view of world affairs. She was answering their questions - in terms and analogies they could relate to - on why the local population doesn't turn in bin Laden.

If the radical right wasn't so consumed with hate towards true democracy they'd see that Nethercutt is full of crap. He's using the typical Grand Ol' Parrot's tactic of character assasination through lies and misinformation to create fear.

It has zero to do with the libalous contention that she is an al Qaeda apologist or her need to prove anything to the radical right's satisfaction.

Re: 'Osama bin Laden made lives better' - 10/05/04 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by goharley:

He's using the typical Grand Ol' Parrot's tactic of character assasination through lies and misinformation to create fear.

What 'lies and misinformation to create fear' are you referring to?

The words are Patty Murray's own--Are you suggesting the GOP altered the video and inserted words/audio the Murray didn't voice?

BTW--Still waiting for you or the 'Osama-Mama' to post any evidence that Osama bin Laden built any Day-Care centers or Hospitals for the general public in Afghanistan.

Re: 'Osama bin Laden made lives better' - 10/05/04 02:31 PM

Rory,

I work as a TV producer so here's a little challenge for you:

Send me a 20 minute videotape of you touting all of the Bush administration's successes in foreign and domestic policy. With a little 'creative editing' I'll send you back a clip that'll make you appear to be the most anti-Bush member of this board. ;\)

It's ALL smoke and mirrors... from BOTH sides.

Re: 'Osama bin Laden made lives better' - 10/05/04 02:36 PM

GH,

You under estimate HS kids. Pandring to the belief that they cannot imagine the scenario is an excuse you make for Murray.

"It has zero to do with the libalous contention that she is an al Qaeda apologist or her need to prove anything to the radical right's satisfaction."

You cannot libel a public figure BTW and a stretch at best to say what her intent was. Her words at face value are those of an apologist and an often repeated by the far left.

Re: 'Osama bin Laden made lives better' - 10/05/04 05:10 PM

:rolleyes: So clueless, yet entertaining none the less.

Re: 'Osama bin Laden made lives better' - 10/05/04 05:24 PM

Nice of you to be so open about yourself :p

I think the entertaining part is a bit of a stretch however. Since what you post is typical liberal dogma :p