what did you get???/

Posted by: Fish Stalker

what did you get???/ - 12/25/04 02:43 PM

Did anyone score on any xmas fishing gifts this yr?

I got a few fishing reels and a bunch of plugs and hooks and things like that

???
Posted by: chongo469

Re: what did you get???/ - 12/25/04 03:48 PM

new waders,wool gloves ,couple of sweatshirts,gift certificate from GI JOES,digital camera.......not to bad
Posted by: steely slammer

Re: what did you get???/ - 12/25/04 03:51 PM

i got nothing...... not even a lump of coal.....
Posted by: stlhdfishn

Re: what did you get???/ - 12/25/04 04:07 PM

SWEEEET GIFTS from the other half.
books -
What Fish See
Egg Cures Proven Recipes and Techniques
Spoon fishing for Steelhead
Tying supplies -
Assorted Chenilles
Assorted Krystal flash
Super Eggs various sizes
Assorted Colors of Marabou

And best of all $500.00 cash and motel reservations in Forks for seven nights starting tomorrow. What a wife she never ceases to amaze me.The only way she could top this would be to tell me that she wants to take up fishing.
Posted by: eyeFISH

Re: what did you get???/ - 12/25/04 04:08 PM

I got mine back in June.
Posted by: blackmouth

Re: what did you get???/ - 12/25/04 04:21 PM

LUCKY!
Posted by: Bob

Re: what did you get???/ - 12/25/04 04:34 PM

stlhdfsn ... Your other half was way nicer than Ma' Nature. Better make a change of plans for a day or two anyhow. About 2" of rain so far today and no signs of slowing yet \:\(
Posted by: wolverine

Re: what did you get???/ - 12/25/04 04:58 PM

Gift certificates to the Outback Steak House, gift certificate to Cabela's, weekend at Sooke, plus the usual socks & underwear.
Posted by: Bucket/Good Sport

Re: what did you get???/ - 12/25/04 05:16 PM

Could not be better. Wife and kids to join me in Barkley Sound again this summer. What fun!!!!
Posted by: Mr.Twister

Re: what did you get???/ - 12/25/04 05:16 PM

New computer, Honda pressure washer, new cooler for the back of the boat, pocket watch, and my oldest son home.
Posted by: stlhdfishn

Re: what did you get???/ - 12/25/04 05:36 PM

Thanks for the heads up Bob, Damn Mother Nature anyway, oh well cant beat her so might as well join her. Better go out and check the rig make sure my plunking rods in there with the float and drift rods.Actually I would still enjoy myself even if I didnt have a chance to fish just getting out of the house and away from the job is plenty good for me fishing is just a bonus. \:D
Posted by: BroodBuster

Re: what did you get???/ - 12/25/04 05:36 PM

I did pretty well. I got a new degital camera and a Stearns inflatable PFD. I also got a super cool calander with flyfishing prints.

Tomorrow I go shopping for myself. I'm getting a Vedder special Lami cert pro. I haven't decided on the reel just yet though!
Posted by: Starfish

Re: what did you get???/ - 12/25/04 06:23 PM

Pretty sweet -- a Garmin GPSMap 76CS.
Posted by: NUTS4STEEL

Re: what did you get???/ - 12/25/04 06:23 PM

7 1/2' ugly stick casting rod
13' cabelas european float rod
3 penn 175 bait casters ($20.00 ea from e-bay)
fly vise w/rotating head
quilt lined flannel shirt
weather radio
gift card from the local rib shack
and 5 healthy kids !!!!
now if the local rivers would un-freez I'll go chase steel!!!
Posted by: ISeeFish

Re: what did you get???/ - 12/25/04 07:02 PM

TR-1 Gold & rainwear.
Posted by: OPfisher

Re: what did you get???/ - 12/25/04 08:50 PM

Simms G3s, new digital camera, new float rod & reel
Posted by: nitefishin

Re: what did you get???/ - 12/25/04 09:19 PM

got lots of nice gifts none fishing related
but i did score myself a limit of christmas chome one that still had sealice the other as bright as ever, home by 10:15am.
Posted by: downtime

Re: what did you get???/ - 12/26/04 01:23 AM

nitefishin that is the best christmas present you can ask for eh:D . None for me this year mine is fishing for the week in Michigan then to the Niagara. But for present's just clothes and money, whenever ya try to get fishing stuff it ends up being something completely wrong. Or get fishing stuff that you would use for warm water species YUK!!!!
Posted by: Jaydee

Re: what did you get???/ - 12/26/04 01:36 AM

Imx 1143 (pro formed) and a Calcutta 251 from wifey. Misc tackle from others.

Re: what did you get???/ - 12/26/04 03:30 AM

My stocking was devoid of any fishing gear this year.... that is until my dear brother showed up for Christmas dinner.

Posted by: Fish Stalker

Re: what did you get???/ - 12/26/04 04:28 AM

how do you think that yellow plug is gonna work EYE?

All in all I am just glad to be living well and healthy and looking forward to a great 2005

Re: what did you get???/ - 12/26/04 05:01 AM

With a factory name like "Rotten Banana" who knows?

But to me it looks like a winner for the 4:30 am to 7:00 am timeframe backtrolling Fallin' In to Honeymoon. Once that sun rises over the trees on river-right after 7:00 am, I start switching over to metallic plugs.

The purple one with the chartreuse-green puddle dots looks like an awesome dirty-water plug.
Posted by: Titanium Cranium

Re: what did you get???/ - 12/26/04 08:18 AM

I scored a Magellan Sport Track Color - Don't really know where I'm goin yet but at least I'll be able to see where I've been.
Posted by: Spartan

Re: what did you get???/ - 12/26/04 10:49 AM

GI Joe action figure with the kung-fu grip!
Posted by: DeFrag

Re: what did you get???/ - 12/26/04 12:58 PM

3 Lead ball snubbers
2 Starfire spinners
2 weedless frogs,
Grundens rainhat
Pro Line hip waders
Posted by: Huntar

Re: what did you get???/ - 12/26/04 02:21 PM

My wife spoiled me with a Shimano Calcutta TE 200GT!
Now I need a new rod worthy of the reel!
Posted by: Fishingjunky15

Re: what did you get???/ - 12/26/04 02:21 PM

I got some nice wading boots with changable soles so I can have felt, treds, or studded felt. I also got a great pair of Hodgman breathable waders so now I won't die from wearing my neopreans in the summer.

My favorite thing though would have to be my new Pink Floyd poster I got! \:D

Also I recieved a suprise from my aunt and grandma who pitched in $90 for Jay's Car Fund (saving up money for my first car).
Posted by: grandpa

Re: what did you get???/ - 12/26/04 02:41 PM

The back of my new boxers to wear around fishing camp in Westport
Posted by: starcraft tom

Re: what did you get???/ - 12/26/04 09:35 PM

2005 22 ft c-dory crusier with
c80 raymarine gps/chartplotter/radar/fishfinder/auto pilot
two scotty ele downriggers
vhf
90 hp honda
full canvas
eagle tandam axel trailer w/ disc brakes

I will be picking this up from the dealer on jan 15th
Posted by: WalleyeWorld

Re: what did you get???/ - 12/26/04 10:03 PM

Lamiglas BCF70H rod for sturgeon
2 lead ball snubbers
2 scotty lead ball retrievers set ups for my downriggers
$50.00 gift certificate from Sportco
1 year membership to Sportco.
Got the snubbers and ball retrievers on already and am heading out tomorrow for some winter BM fishing. Gotta test them out.
Posted by: The Moderator

Re: what did you get???/ - 12/27/04 11:59 AM

Santa didn't bring me *any* fishing stuff for Xmas this year. \:\(

I must have been naughty.
Posted by: fishinutts

Re: what did you get???/ - 12/27/04 07:35 PM

sportco gift card
700 pc 13.5 gram poker chip set in alumiumn case
(so when i win playing texas hold'em i can take my winnings to sportco and buy more stuff)
Posted by: Divers

Re: what did you get???/ - 12/27/04 11:21 PM

Santa brought me a Laptop and a wireless Router. Only fishing related item I received was a Loomis 5WT.
Posted by: Fisherman-Knot

Re: what did you get???/ - 12/27/04 11:35 PM

What did you give for Christmas, Goinfishin?
Posted by: Mr.Twister

Re: what did you get???/ - 12/27/04 11:37 PM

You know what I gave!!! he he
Posted by: Sol

Re: what did you get???/ - 12/28/04 11:36 AM

A G-Loomis 1141s GLX.

The key letter in the model number is "s." :p
Posted by: Captain Nemo

Re: what did you get???/ - 12/29/04 05:28 PM

My brother-in-law gave me all of his old steelhead tackle (guess he's giving up). Mostly junk, but a few items worth keeping.

I know what I want for Christmas next year - one of those Pink Floyd posters that FishingJunkie15 got.

Posted by: Theking

Re: what did you get???/ - 12/29/04 05:37 PM

FJ15 can you name all the albums represented in the poster? if you are saving for your first car those albums would be antiques for you.
Posted by: FishNg1

Re: what did you get???/ - 12/29/04 06:23 PM

Granpa, we don't want to see you walkin around Westport in your boxers!

Steve
Posted by: Captain Nemo

Re: what did you get???/ - 12/29/04 09:42 PM

I know the question was for FJ15, but from left to right:

Atom Heart Mother
Relics
Dark Side of the Moon
Wish You Were Here
The Wall
Animals
Posted by: Theking

Re: what did you get???/ - 12/30/04 11:24 AM

Good to see another Floyd fan.
Posted by: goforchrome

Re: what did you get???/ - 12/30/04 06:05 PM

Reloading press and dies for 300WSM.
Thick socks for COLD steelhead wading.

For Floyd fans, check out David Gilmour Live from 2002 and The Making of Dark Side of The Moon, both on DVD.
You will thank me.
Happy New Year !
Posted by: Fishingjunky15

Re: what did you get???/ - 12/31/04 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Captain Nemo:
I know the question was for FJ15, but from left to right:

Atom Heart Mother
Relics
Dark Side of the Moon
Wish You Were Here
The Wall
Animals
If I wasn't out fishing the OP the last few days I would have answered that before you. That's ok. I know I'm only 16 but I'm a huge classic rock fan.
Posted by: Steelheadman

Re: what did you get???/ - 12/31/04 03:15 AM

My wife got me a spinner making kit. A tool to bend wire, clevis', blades, bodies, wire, treble hooks, beads, split ring tool, split rings, and a case. Also got a fish scale. Sportsman's Warehouse carries the stuff from Oregon Tackle. Her dad took me to Oregon Tackle so I could buy some more stuff, with my Xmas money from mom, and we went to the Sportsman's Warehouse near Clackamus and bought some more blades, bodies, swivels, split rings, treble hooks, hoochies, and another case.

"Dad" showed me the High Rock hole and the mouth of the Clack. He hasn't fished that river since the 70's. Made some spinners. Tuesday afternoon we fished the Kalama canyon and I sacrificed my first spinner to the river before switching to bait. I hooked and lost a fish, saw a red striped summerun swim down stream. "Dad" landed a bright skinny summerun hen on bobber and eggs. He thought it was a winterun but the eggs were still tight.

Need to get some spinner bearings, and 3/8 oz spinner bodies including bodies in colors other than nickel and brass. Probably need to order them from the Fisherman's Shack since Sportsman's doesn't seem to have them. Will have to stop by the Silverdale store in the AM.

For those music fans I got Nirvana's 3 CD set. Something to listen to on those long trips to the river. I got my wife Americas' and David Bowie's greates hits.
Posted by: Bob

Re: what did you get???/ - 01/01/05 06:14 PM

First off, I'd like to say that we shoudl all consider ourselves very fortunate to share our joys with gifts received this Christmas in light of the sad times experienced by one board member and of course those across the world from us with the Tsunami tragedy.

I'd gladly trade all my gifts if it could somehow bring all these people back.

On a happier note, Santa & Fishgal were very nice to me this year.

Don't get fishing stuff ... most know I own about all of it and it makes more sense for me to buy what I might need on that end of things.

Santa of course is bringing Fishgal and I a nice warm tropical trip with a destination wedding next week ... pretty hard to beat that, but he brought us a cool DVD recorder/TiVO combo too!

Corey took care of me too! With our warm trip coming up, she decided some of those old clubs in the bag were looking a little ragged as was the bag too ... so I got a new Callaway stand bag, BB 3 wood, and trouble club.

Also scored a Sirius satellite radio system for the work rig ... sucks only having one radio station out here, not any more \:\)