Dan Baileys

Posted by: Erik

Dan Baileys - 02/02/05 09:57 AM

Ouch!! I realized the other day that I have a small slice in my waders near the waist. They came with an extra piece of fabric for patching and I'm wondering if anyone can tell me the manufacturer's reccomended application. No glue came with the patch kit. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Posted by: jam session

Re: Dan Baileys - 02/02/05 10:10 AM

I don't know about Bailey's, but aquaseal came with my Simms and the hodgemans I bought for my daughter. I've done many a repair with that stuff. Good Luck.
Posted by: Salmo g.

Re: Dan Baileys - 02/02/05 12:24 PM

Erik,

That piece of tape that came with your Dan Bailey waders just irons on. Use the medium heat setting. Put a piece of paper on the outside of the waders, and iron the tape on the inside. Then, as extra insurance, dab a little Aqua-seal over the slice on the outside of the waders. Let that dry overnight, and they're good to go.

If you need more of the patch tape, call DB, and they will send you some.

Sincerely,

Salmo g.
Posted by: stlhead

Re: Dan Baileys - 02/02/05 02:30 PM

Watch out for the jewels when you stick that hot iron in there. Also, my wife makes me sleep in the garage until the glue dries. She thinks I should be taking my waders off when I'm home but why would I do that?
Posted by: Erik

Re: Dan Baileys - 02/02/05 03:04 PM

Thanks Salmo. I kind of figured that but didn't want to experiment with the iron. Exactly what I was looking for.
Posted by: Titanium Cranium

Re: Dan Baileys - 02/03/05 03:19 AM

I have a pair of Dan Bailey's too and sliced them last year. Somewhere on their site they have their recommended directions for applying the patch. It is iron on though with no need to use glue at all. If it's not hot enough it won't stick well. If it's by an overlapping seam (mine was), iron up to the rise from the overlapping piece of fabric and make sure you get a really good adheasion, pushing the edge of the iron up against the rise, let it cool and then continue over the rise. This will insure a waterproof seal over the seam.