Rouge Rods

Posted by: Fire_Capt

Rouge Rods - 03/31/05 08:56 PM

What's Everyones take on Rouge Rods?
Posted by: Bob

Re: Rouge Rods - 03/31/05 09:38 PM

Th has made a few up for me for the boat. I have a couple of lighter drift rods for brats and a couple of 9' 6"'s for boat floats (Dave V. ... I need to take you out some time ;\) ). They actually fish quite nicely ... I haven't had enough usage on them to vouch for durability though,

But now Sage has some new float rods in part of their new line of gear stuff on the way ... oh, I'm gonna have to get at least one of those for myself, if only to look at \:\)
Posted by: TH

Re: Rouge Rods - 04/03/05 12:46 PM

I like them!
They have a nice crisp feel, price point is good!
They have new ownership... and they are very easy to work with!
Good product
Posted by: Dave Vedder

Re: Rouge Rods - 04/03/05 01:49 PM

Bob: Yes you do! I'm really jammed up this spring. Maybe for salmon next fall or metalheads in the winter.

Where do you stay in Kenai area? I'm up there for the week of June 24th. BIG minus tide. Wanna come dig with us?

I will be staying with a friend out at Nikiski.

I'm fishing the big river two days with an old friend - Greg Brush.
Posted by: Rapid Robert

Re: Rouge Rods - 04/03/05 03:43 PM

Hey Travis, how do the Rogue rods compare with the TH Rainshadows I have?

Re: Rouge Rods - 04/03/05 06:50 PM

Hey Bob
sent you a PM

they are very nice!
Posted by: fishhead5

Re: Rouge Rods - 04/04/05 12:43 PM

I thought they went out of business?

Fishhead5
Posted by: First Bite

Re: Rouge Rods - 04/05/05 01:42 AM

I have three of their rods and really like them a lot. The combination of a light, fast tip combined with a strong butt section makes them a pleasure to fish with.

When I was looking for a salmon float rod I ended up purchasing their 907-C blank (12-25#) and had a local rod builder make this into a sweetheart of a float rod. Last fall I broke the tip section and when I contacted the folks at Rogue the customer service was first class. A new blank was at my doorstep in a little over a week and I was in business for the rest of the season.

Mark
Posted by: Bob

Re: Rouge Rods - 04/05/05 02:05 PM

Hey Dave ... One of these days we'll show you how we fish floats out of the drifter ;\)

We normally have a place right by the college ... give us a shout when you're up there. IT's normally not a crazy timeframe for me and I'd love to show you how us woosie gun diggers do battle \:\)
Posted by: The Moderator

Re: Rouge Rods - 04/05/05 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob:
Hey Dave ... One of these days we'll show you how we fish floats out of the drifter ;\)
Yeah, as if. Everyone knows you can't effectively fish floats while moving in drift boat!

I'd like to see this!

Oh wait.

;\)

Re: Rouge Rods - 04/05/05 10:39 PM

Rogue rods is under new management!
Rick Fielder is the NEW GM and, in my opinion, is doing a wonderful job!
The quality of blanks I am getting are much better, they are sound, staright and have a very nice action to them,.

One of Bob's clients caught this pig a few weeks ago on a Rogue 965 we built for him!
Posted by: fishhead5

Re: Rouge Rods - 04/06/05 02:28 PM

Thanks TH, thats why I put a question mark after the comment.

Fishhead5