Bonneville count going up.

Posted by: Duck In The Fog

Bonneville count going up. - 04/17/05 07:34 PM

Count over Bonneville went up to 445. It might be the real start. The Duck
Posted by: Adipose Soup

Re: Bonneville count going up. - 04/17/05 09:05 PM

I stand by my contention that the run is simply late. This is the beginning now. Look for numbers in the many thousands in couple weeks--right after WDFW closes our season!

If I read the graph right, the numbers didn't jump up until about this time last year either.
Posted by: B-RUN STEELY

Re: Bonneville count going up. - 04/18/05 12:41 AM

All the nipple twisting in the world won't change the fact that the run was over estimated... You'll be shut down on tuesday.. They ain't that late.. they are not there.

Re: Bonneville count going up. - 04/18/05 02:59 AM

B-Run thanks for being so optimistic. We'll never make it, we're all going to die. Take away all hope and dreams, The Duck

Re: Bonneville count going up. - 04/18/05 08:09 AM

Just being real... I wish it was all sunshine and bunnies coated in love.. But don't worry.. the commercials got theirs right off the top, and from what I can gather, thats whats "really importaint". I am willing to bet the run is less than half of the prediction. 445 on April 18.. thats not late thats just pathetic.
Posted by: Stalmass

Re: Bonneville count going up. - 04/18/05 10:54 AM

Where are you guys getting your numbers? The largest single day count so far has been 398 and it was on Saturday. B-Run, today is the 18th how can you have a count for today?

Re: Bonneville count going up. - 04/18/05 11:14 AM

Stalmass, some reason the count was 445 and the next day they had the same day at 398. It's happened before and it will happen again. The Duck
Posted by: fishtale

Re: Bonneville count going up. - 04/18/05 11:26 AM

B-RUN
You must be god and mother nature all in one
you must be able to see the depths of the Ocean and to the bottom of the Columbia all
at once?? Not they will come so just do us a
favor and hold your breath until they arrive!!

Re: Bonneville count going up. - 04/18/05 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by fishtale:
B-RUN
You must be god and mother nature all in one
you must be able to see the depths of the Ocean and to the bottom of the Columbia all
at once?? Not they will come so just do us a
favor and hold your breath until they arrive!!
No... but I did stay at a Holiday inn last night..

Tell me all about it wednesday
Posted by: HntnFsh

Re: Bonneville count going up. - 04/18/05 11:45 AM

I dont think they will close the whole thing.I think it will be a partial closing.Maybe I-5 to Bonny. Just my thoughts.
Posted by: The Moderator

Re: Bonneville count going up. - 04/18/05 12:49 PM

Stlhdr1 and FishBait (he might not post on this board) are up there now.

Said there's about 600 rods out fishing in a ton of boats. In the 45 mintues they have been there, they've seen a bout 4-5 fish landed. One of those coming in their boat, but they released it as they wanted to keep fishing.

Regardless of how many (or few) fish are going throug the dam, your odds are still not all that good up there now.

Oh, and if there fish were truly below the dam, you'd see a ton of springers coming in to the rivers below the dam already. Places like the Kalama and NFL are gettin a few springers, but nothing like they should have. Not like there are a ton of sealions at the mouth of the NFL preventing these fish from coming up.

I'm betting that the fish are just not there. They are not late. A few will pass over the damn, but nothing like the state(s) estimated. I'd be surprised if the fishery on the CR remains open.
Posted by: cohoangler

Re: Bonneville count going up. - 04/18/05 05:11 PM

I talked with a high ranking guy at WDFW this morning. The counts at Bonneville over the weekend are nowhere near what they need to keep the river open. They are meeting on Tuesday and will close the river sometime this week. They are not sure when. The run size forecast will also likely go down considerably as well. Tuesday might be your last day on the river

I was on the river all day Friday without a strike. I fished the mainstem Columbia between the PDX and I-5 Bridge. We marked alot of fish but they weren't hitting. We pulled herring mostly. Nadda thing......
Posted by: Oregonian

Re: Bonneville count going up. - 04/18/05 07:03 PM

Aw right, are you guys saying that if the actual number of springers in the river is really low, that you would just want the States to just let people keep on fishing ?

I thought we like the fish, and want to do what is best for the runs...

If I had hand raised and babysat one of those hens for all 3 years of her life...the last thing I would want would be for some guy to hook her in the mouth or throat, and fight her to the boat for a picture, rub a little slime off her, then send her off to the sea lion patch at the bottom of a major obstical..............that sport fishing, even if catch and release, doesn't help the individual fish which get caught...
Posted by: shoemaker

Re: Bonneville count going up. - 04/18/05 07:04 PM

Hope they keep it open, had a good day sunday. Went 4/10 had a couple of first time salmon fishermen with me.

Re: Bonneville count going up. - 04/18/05 07:20 PM

Disregard my last post.

I will be down there tomorrow, if that tells ya anything!

Actually, Stlhdr1 had a *good* day down there today.

Get them Groceries while you can boys and girls!
Posted by: Head Hunter

Re: Bonneville count going up. - 04/19/05 08:48 PM

Shoemaker,
Were you wearing the exact same clothes on Sunday as you were on Aug 13th of last year as seen on your avatar? I don't think so, Sunday was raining cats and dogs, not very good tee-shirt weather.
I'm calling bs on your "Sunday" springer trip.

Re: Bonneville count going up. - 04/19/05 09:02 PM

Head hunter, looks like you caught him.

Re: Bonneville count going up. - 04/20/05 12:28 AM

Looks like the same T shirt, but on one day (photo) he had a thermal shirt under it...
Posted by: stlhdr1

Re: Bonneville count going up. - 04/20/05 01:35 AM

I wouldn't get all your panties in a bunch.. We fished the last 2 days combined 15 hours or so and boated 34 springers and that's not counting the 15 or so bites we missed...

My take on it is there is something that is holding them back from going over the dam. My guess to what that is is the fact that they haven't jumped the flows yet (since the fish have been here)... I would wager to say the counts will sky rocket within the week...

Keith \:D

Re: Bonneville count going up. - 04/20/05 07:39 PM

A lucky shirt and some grundens goes a long way anytime of year.

Re: Bonneville count going up. - 04/20/05 07:43 PM

Also note the "extra tuff" boots oppose to sandals. If you circle all the differences you get a gold star.

Re: Bonneville count going up. - 04/20/05 09:09 PM

Shoemaker, please accept my apologizes.
The duck

Re: Bonneville count going up. - 04/20/05 09:37 PM

Thought it was a great observation. Didnt even think about it when i posted the pic. I just hope my lucky clothing combo doesnt make it into hunt/fishing news. It will be everywhere.
Posted by: skydriftin

Re: Bonneville count going up. - 04/21/05 12:48 AM

how many people are in that we that boated 34 springers in 15 hrs? Rest of the fleet ain't scoring much. Must be those can't live without em eggs of yours again!

Re: Bonneville count going up. - 04/21/05 02:27 AM

There were 3 people Monday and 4 Tuesday until noon which was when we dropped Steve off...

Parker can vouch for the success stories of Tuesday and Dan Christopher of Qualityfishing.net can vouch for Monday as we were in his boat...

Them springers love them Ultimate Egg Cure Eggs....

Keith
Posted by: Sol

Re: Bonneville count going up. - 04/21/05 10:47 AM

Quote:
Them springers love them Ultimate Egg Cure Eggs....
Actually, I think it's not so much his eggs as it is his technique. He lines-em like his customers down there at Dick Hannah. All those mutilated fish he posted in another thread awhile back: those were accually entrance wounds. \:D

Re: Bonneville count going up. - 04/21/05 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by skydriftin:
how many people are in that we that boated 34 springers in 15 hrs? Rest of the fleet ain't scoring much. Must be those can't live without em eggs of yours again!
Boo Hoo. You are ing like my kids.

Maybe if the "rest of the fleet" learned how to fish, they'd actually catch something. :rolleyes:

I saw a ton of the 90%'ers out there on Tuesday.

Re: Bonneville count going up. - 04/22/05 12:53 AM

You can pick it up at work sports and more...didnt know there was any other enumclaw trash on here. Suprised nobodys noticed how much bigger the first fish is. I wish i could boat a #38 springer.
Posted by: fishtale

Re: Bonneville count going up. - 04/22/05 08:36 AM

Shoemaker
I have been a Enumclaw man my hole life!!!
Looks like you got a few out of the Columbia!!
We did good yesterday on one of the tribs of
the Columbia we went 2 for 5 with 7 total bites

Re: Bonneville count going up. - 04/22/05 10:22 AM

Parker, Son when you grow older you will Know what's fishing is all about. Until then it will always be a competition to you. I hope the competitive side of you won't pass it on to your children. The Duck

Re: Bonneville count going up. - 04/22/05 10:52 AM

Looks like it's Parkers turn in the barrel.
Posted by: Head Hunter

Re: Bonneville count going up. - 04/22/05 11:04 AM

Well it looks like you got me Shoemaker. I take it all back. Nice fish.

Re: Bonneville count going up. - 04/22/05 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sol_on_the_Duc:
Looks like it's Parkers turn in the barrel.
I've seen how this group shoots Sol. I'm not too worried. . IE, read some of the fine comments above. They almost brought a tear to my eye (from laughing so damn hard).

I should photoshop up a BIG old target and post it. Maybe a big broadside of a barn.

Oh wait, most of you still wouldn't be able to hit it......

Shoot away!

Re: Bonneville count going up. - 04/22/05 01:51 PM

Quote:
I've seen how this group shoots Sol.
The trick to getting out fast is to climb in head first, laydown flat on your belly and lick the barrel.....BOOM....done deal.

Kicking, clawing and scratching will only drag you down. ;\)

Re: Bonneville count going up. - 04/22/05 06:16 PM

Fishtale,

looks like you have a nice set-up. Ive never seen the boat around town. Anytime you want to talk fish(especially ocean fisheries) let me know. I live out by westwood.

Re: Bonneville count going up. - 04/22/05 08:25 PM

He's oblivious to the rest of us. Wonder what it would be like to live in his own itty bitty world? The duck

Re: Bonneville count going up. - 04/22/05 11:08 PM

Duck, Parker is good people (just like Bucket). Trouble is in the detached multi interpetive environment of the internet, he comes off as a jackass, much like I do. Truth is I'd row into the bowels of hell swinging for those I poke the most fun at. \:\)

Don't tell-em I said so. ;\)

Re: Bonneville count going up. - 04/23/05 12:13 AM

Duck-

It's ok to be competetive in this world... If you weren't you'd just get walked on. To some scenery is all that matters and to others a 3.5 hour trip south from Seattle is simply to come and CATCH fish... I mean let's get realistic.. Going to Bonneville and back bouncing 10 to 16 ounces of lead isn't pleasure fishing and if it weren't for the opportunity at big #'s I wouldn't even fish there.

Anymore I enjoy the pleasure of a beautiful tributary and it's peacefulness. But overall I see rivers as a great place to experiment. I must say I'm into #'s myself and if there aern't fish to be caught, I'm not fishing there.

But if I or Parker were to just kick back and accept the level of our abilities we'd never try the new things that make us better and without progession to me it would become repetition and boring...

Keith

Re: Bonneville count going up. - 04/23/05 12:35 AM

Parker might be a nice guy but him boasting to be a 10%er and laughing at the 90%er I didn't take a likeing to. I would say that he thinks awfully high of himself. People that boast whether they desever it or not is not my cup of tea. The Duck

Re: Bonneville count going up. - 04/23/05 12:46 AM

What's that old saying?...

Something like---"It ain't bragging IF you can DO it"

Re: Bonneville count going up. - 04/23/05 04:21 AM

Duck-

Why do you call it boasting anyhow? Looking back and reading what was posted, I'd have to call what Parker wrote the truth.

It amazes me that people biatch about some of us not posting places of success or sharing what's hot and what's not. Then when someone like Parker does, he gets called out as a Boaster... The interesting part is I read this as you calling me a Boaster too. Most of Parkers extreme success trips come when he's down here in SW WA fishing with me. There are many times over the past that I've posted about catching 20 or 30 steelead or salmon in a day and I don't see it as boasting, I see it as a opportunity for those that are less fortuneate and not up to speed with the what's and where's to get out and get in on the action.....

Put this on the record, when I report or post about a fishing trip it's certainly the truth. I have no problem sharing where, what and how many as I have too much confidence in my abilities and tactics/presentations that even if 20 people showed up in "my" spot I'd likely still out fish them all.

Many of my buddies hate the fact that I share reports and success stories on here and other bulletin boards but you know what I tell them. "It will make you a better fisherman, a fisherman that won't settle for being average. You have to have something to keep pushing you to make you better."... Sure it may have turned a 20 fish day into a 15 fish day or perhaps a little worse but it also makes for reasons to try new spots and tactics....

By watching you write over the years you should consider challenging yourself to do better with what you have... If you don't you'll become one of the 90%ers that just sits back and biatches about what other people are doing...

This isn't intended to be a bash session nor a teacher/student conference. Just a suggestion, that's all...

Posted by: RK43

Re: Bonneville count going up. - 04/23/05 09:26 AM

Get over your self!!

Re: Bonneville count going up. - 04/23/05 07:27 PM

Stlhdr1, they way you display your mannerism makes me fill comfortable. I don't know you but by the way you write your thoughts makes me repect you. I shall drop this attitude toward Parker cause I belive you . I hope that Parker will let this pass. The Duck
P.s. I would consider myself a 90% !!!!!

Re: Bonneville count going up. - 04/23/05 11:49 PM

Duck-

I appreciate it.

RK43, I'm sorry to see you feel the way you do. Call me egotistical but call it the truth...

Posted by: RiverMan

Re: Bonneville count going up. - 04/24/05 01:16 AM

You know I don't doubt for a minute that some boat on the river must have caught a bunch of fish. That being said, my two buddies and I fished at Cathlamet from the 14th through the 19th and were generally on the water from just after light until just before dark on each day. We anchored during outgoing tide and trolled at the slack tides. I observed literally hundreds of other boats around me fishing......not catching just fishing. Several days we had guide boats anchored with us and generally they were lucky to land a single fish for the day. I don't think there was a single day that I personally observed more than 10 fish caught by all the boats combined! Certainly there were fish caught that we didn't see but it was slow, slow, slow. Our best day was three fish two of which a seal took at the boat. I wanna fish where you guys are fishing!

RM

Re: Bonneville count going up. - 04/24/05 12:45 PM

Can't fish there anymore Bonneville is now closed.. But sure was fun while it was open. I can't wait until the runs increase and they open it or until next year..

Re: Bonneville count going up. - 04/24/05 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Duck In The Fog:
He's oblivious to the rest of us. Wonder what it would be like to live in his own itty bitty world? The duck
Parker's World is a dark and twisted place. You wouldn't want to go there.

Re: Bonneville count going up. - 04/24/05 02:30 PM

Quote:
Parker's World is a dark and twisted place.
No wonder Uncle Tim is at home there. ;\)

Re: Bonneville count going up. - 04/24/05 03:34 PM

Parker , I was hopeing that you would let this pass. I was out of line and apologize.
Sometimes because of my condition , I say things that should not have been said. Yes I become dilusioanal because I get too much toxin in my brain from liver failure. This no joke. I'm on the liver transplant list at U.W.
I am a little jealous cause I can't get out to fish as much as you do. The Duck

Re: Bonneville count going up. - 04/25/05 11:28 AM

Duck - it has long since past. I hold no grudges and never had one. You were just experiencing some of my humor.

I'm a pretty happy go lucky kinda guy and usually positively respond to direct requests, but...sometimes it's just kinda fun to go with the flow and bring the humor up a notch.

No worries on my end! Have a great day!

Re: Bonneville count going up. - 04/25/05 12:03 PM

Parker.. been meaning to tell ya..

That picture of your kids is classic.. Your daughter looks worried about the future.. and your son is looking like " yea , you should be"..

Re: Bonneville count going up. - 04/25/05 12:40 PM

The kid bares a striking resemblence to the old man, don't he---bald head and big smile. \:D

Re: Bonneville count going up. - 04/25/05 01:43 PM

Parker you just earned a new nickname...

We will now call you PRIVATE PYLE....

Re: Bonneville count going up. - 04/25/05 02:31 PM

Thats better than Mr. Clean or Festus, which is what everyone called me when I did it. \:\)
Posted by: Theking

Re: Bonneville count going up. - 04/25/05 02:39 PM

Ol' Orange teeth

Re: Bonneville count going up. - 04/25/05 03:57 PM

"Private Pyle! Get the F*CK OFF OF MY OBSTACLE COURSE!!!!"

"GOD DAMN, Private Pyle. You are so damn ugly that they should call you a Modern Masterpiece!"

"Jesus H. Christ Pyle. Did your parents have any other children that lived? That's too damn bad."

\:D

I love that movie!

PS - If you really want to know, one of my best friends has tongue cancer and is starting his chemo and radiation therapy today. Not fun stuff. So, in support of the hell that he has to go through, I decided to shave my head, as he will lose his hair. So there.

Re: Bonneville count going up. - 04/25/05 04:17 PM

I was thinking more along the lines of your son thinking... " man, I can't wait, fish all day with dad then come home and pull all the heads off your barbie dolls "....
Posted by: fishhead5

Re: Bonneville count going up. - 04/25/05 04:31 PM

Parker,
You better go check the BWOTY post over on %$$#%^&^&**.net . Someone nominated you. \:D \:D

Fishhead5
Posted by: Chip Goodhue

Re: Bonneville count going up. - 04/25/05 04:31 PM

Back on topic after that extended thread jack...seems counts are climbing:

DATE ADULT CHINOOK

04/24/05 - 3656

Re: Bonneville count going up. - 04/25/05 04:47 PM

Topic shmopic...That movie is classic. \:D

"WHO THE F*** SAID THAT? WHO'S THE SLIMY LITTLE COMMUNIST SH** TWINKLE TOED **** SUCKER THAT JUST SIGNED HIS OWN DEATH WARRANT?

Good stuff, man. \:\)

Re: Bonneville count going up. - 04/25/05 04:48 PM

What did you expect Chip... A thread as stupid as basic repeat of a number that every single person who is intrested in it has already looked up first thing in the A.M is bound to be Hijacked... If it stays on topic then it turns into a dumb ass argument between two schools of thought... 1 says they are late, the other says they are way over predicted..

Re: Bonneville count going up. - 04/25/05 05:30 PM

Ok, I laughed hard at that one, B-RUN!

Too damn funny (and true)

\:D
Posted by: FASTWATER

Re: Bonneville count going up. - 04/25/05 05:38 PM

hey Bevess,oohhooaa, he said @ss,oohhooaa!!!

Re: Bonneville count going up. - 04/27/05 10:41 PM

Got to fish the Wind today!!!!! Approx. 45 boats and probaly close to a fish a boat. Even I was lucky enough to catch one. The native nets started today too. The duck
Posted by: Idaho Mike

Re: Bonneville count going up. - 04/28/05 11:54 PM

I would like to fish the Wind week after next during a week day. Does anyone know where to find out the netting schedule so I can plan accordingly?

Thanks.

Re: Bonneville count going up. - 04/29/05 02:27 AM

Don't worry about the nets the fish will be there in 2 weeks, in full force..

But bring your cowboy hat, it will be a rodeo!!

Keith