Any doubts?

Posted by: The Moderator

Any doubts? - 05/01/05 06:39 PM

Ok, I guess it's settled now. The Boy is mine. I guess the Mailman is off the hook! \:D

PS. I'm doing the shaved head thing for the entire month of May - when my buddy stops doing his chemo/radiation treatments. Shaving my head wasn't nearly as traumatic as I'd figured it'd be. My ugly cue-ball grape feels funny, but beyond that, a little sun tan lotiion and a hat, and I'm good to go back out on the rivers! \:D
Posted by: Hoghunter

Re: Any doubts? - 05/01/05 08:03 PM

Looks like that apple didn't fall far from the tree. I think what your doing for your friend is a very good thing Parker. I hope things turn out well for him.
Posted by: Bucket/Good Sport

Re: Any doubts? - 05/01/05 09:09 PM

You just gained a touch more respect from me Parker. Your a good man no matter what Sol say's. We pray and hope the best for your friend.
Posted by: Dan S.

Re: Any doubts? - 05/01/05 10:04 PM

Tell your buddy I'm wishing him the best.

He must be a good friend, considering..............

You know what your boy is laughing at, don't you? \:D
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Any doubts? - 05/01/05 10:18 PM

Parker,

It's a good thing your doing for your buddy, and I'm sure it will help keep him laughing and his spirits high.

As for your boy, he's got that "HEY, my dad looks just like me!" look.

Mike
Posted by: linestretcher

Re: Any doubts? - 05/01/05 10:40 PM

Cool thing to do,I hope he get's better.Didn't look like you were too far from it anyway!! \:D
Posted by: SKYGUY

Re: Any doubts? - 05/01/05 11:24 PM

Good show Parker!

My brother in law and I did the same thing when my father in law was going thru his battle. A little humor and a lot of compassion can go a long way!
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Any doubts? - 05/02/05 12:05 AM

Nice!!!
Posted by: Mr.Twister

Re: Any doubts? - 05/02/05 05:01 AM

Good man!!! Although I see nothing humorous about a bald head.... \:D
Posted by: Bob

Re: Any doubts? - 05/02/05 10:06 AM

Squashes all doubts we had ... looks like we have the second coming of Right Said Fred on our hands.

"All togther now: I'm too sexy for my sled!"
Posted by: Sol

Re: Any doubts? - 05/02/05 11:33 AM

Not gunna shave, huh? HAAA \:D

All you need is an ear ring and a black eye patch to complete the picture. Do it right, dude. ;\)
Posted by: fishhead5

Re: Any doubts? - 05/02/05 11:50 AM

Bob,
I tried to picture "I'm to sexy for my sled" you ought to be

Fishhead5
Posted by: kATCHnSTYX

Re: Any doubts? - 05/02/05 12:37 PM

\:D "I'm too sexy for my sled!" <-- now that's funny! he he he he he he he...My prayers go out to your buddy!

Dave
Posted by: STRIKE ZONE

Re: Any doubts? - 05/02/05 04:31 PM

Good move parker,Hope your buddy get's well.Good luck,
STRIKE ZONE
Posted by: Cigar

Re: Any doubts? - 05/02/05 10:07 PM

Way to go Mike!! And tell your friend he is in my prayers too!! My dad must have been right. "You can't have hair and brains both".

John \:\)
Posted by: Eddie L

Re: Any doubts? - 05/02/05 11:03 PM

Hope your friend gets well soon there Parker;by the way my son showed me a picture on the computor and wonder have you've experienced anything like this at your home yet ? LOL Cute picture though.
Posted by: Mingo

Re: Any doubts? - 05/03/05 01:30 AM

Parker that's a classy move to support your bud that way.... .....my best friend and best-ever fishing pal has been battling leukemia for several years.....he's genetically blessed with more hair than Bon Jovi so he still has more than I do but if he loses it I'm going all Vin Diesel too. I hope everything turns out well for him and his family.......hey it looks like you have a great future fishing pal in your arms, that's awesome!

Re: Any doubts? - 05/03/05 11:44 AM

I'm sorry, did you write something Mingo? Every time you post, I can only focus on your avatar.....

Hold on second, some cold water on the face and some

Ahh, that's better. \:D

Thanks for all the replies guys! Yeah, my buddy broked down in tears on Saturday night - there were 6 of us that shaved our heads in support of him. Kinda overwhelmed him.

Re: Any doubts? - 05/04/05 10:33 AM

You better hide the markers from Katie, Parker. If I wake up tommorow looking like the kid above I'm gunna be super pissed.

Re: Any doubts? - 05/04/05 11:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Sol_on_the_Duc:
You better hide the markers from Katie, Parker. If I wake up tommorow looking like the kid above I'm gunna be super pissed.

Re: Any doubts? - 05/04/05 12:39 PM

Quote:
Heh. If you do wake up looking like that, it won't be by Katie.....
You'd better cover your ass and forward this thread to the local homicide detectives ahead of time. ;\)

Did Micaela follow my advice last night? \:D

Re: Any doubts? - 05/04/05 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sol_on_the_Duc:
You'd better cover your ass and forward this thread to the local homicide detectives ahead of time. ;\)

Did Micaela follow my advice last night? \:D
But it's OK if you wake up with a shaved head *and* eyebrows??? \:D

No, I didn't pass on your Words of Wisdom last night.

Actually, as sad as it sounds, we both went to bed by 10:00 and actually got an entire night's worth of sleep! Twice in one week now has The Boy slept entirely through the night!

It's sad when the prospect of a full night's sleep ranks high on your priority list!

Re: Any doubts? - 05/04/05 02:09 PM

Quote:
No, I didn't pass on your Words of Wisdom last night.
If you choose to ignor masters advice, your stay in the temple will be a long one young Grasshopper. \:\(

I sincerely hope "The Boy" has got three nights in a row in him. I did my time already. \:\)