what has happened to the BB

Posted by: fishmaster

what has happened to the BB - 05/31/05 09:00 PM

I'm by know means new to this bb. Allthough I don't post much, I do frequent the site multiple times a day. So lets get to my point. What has happened to this bb? When i first started viewing this site it was the greatest thing. Everyone could post back and forth with no concern at all. Posting reports and naming the body of water was no big deal. It seems to me that the content of this site is much less than it used to be. I can understand not wanting to give away your favorite spots. And we all know most of those spots are no secret anymore. I consider myself a good fisherman, and catch/hook fish most every time I go(suckers count don't they). But I don't get to fish as much as I would like. And I know I can't be the only one in this situation. Even the best fisherman won't catch fish if there aren't any to catch. For those of you that don't get to fish as much as we would like, wouldn't it be nice to just get a simple report on how the fishing is? So that we are just wasting our time. Don't get me wrong here. I go fishing when I get the chance, reguardless of how the fishing is. But sometimes you can score serious point with the wife if she knows you are planning on going fishing and then you end up staying home for the weekend! It would just be nice to know if we can expect to be catching fish or enjoying the day or both for me in most cases. Let's bring back some of the good quallities of this board that got so many of us hooked on this site and on fishing. Let some of the attitudes go. If you don't feel like posting a report than don't and don't jump down someones throught for giving a report. Unless it is a zipperlip. And come on, are they really that many of those left?
Posted by: seastrike

Re: what has happened to the BB - 05/31/05 09:24 PM

I wonder if this thread will be huge or just die?
I think a lot of people figured out quickly (or much to slowly) that posting spots to fish ruin your own fishing experience.
I'll post stuff about saltwater fishing for migratory stuff because it doesn't last too long but never specifics on bottem fish or rivers.
I think most guys here have made friends with others and they share their (our) info offline.
Have you ever been to ifish? There they post how many people "view" a post. That should spell it out.
Posted by: larryb

Re: what has happened to the BB - 05/31/05 09:45 PM

alot of it that there is not much going on right now

Re: what has happened to the BB - 05/31/05 09:56 PM

seastrike i understand your views and i don't really care much about the hole report thing. Being you are a new member to this board i wouldn't expect you to know how this board was say 5-6 years ago. Now days theres only a few rivers that have been getting good fish returns and those are the rivers that are getting all the pressure. you know as well as i do that it only takes one guy to spill the beans to the wrong person and before the next weekend arrives the whole town knows about the good fishing. Honestly all the talk about the Skykomish, and the last few years haven't been all that good at least for me and all the guys i talk to and the few reports that come across this bb. in all the years i have been a member of this board i can say i don't think i have seen an increase in fishing preasure do to a report on this site. rather i would attribute it to the lack of fish returning to the rivers. you find the most preasure were the most fish are returning because you have the best chance of catching fish there. i can also say i have never packed up an ran to a river just from a report on this board. I fish the same rivers years after year after year for both summer and winter. i fish these rivers because i know them. not because of some report. and the people that do just go to a river because of a report usually don't catch anything because they don't know how to fish that river or were to fish.
Posted by: stlhd_dreaming

Re: what has happened to the BB - 05/31/05 10:03 PM

I will gladly post striper reports from here in maine \:D
Posted by: bank walker

Re: what has happened to the BB - 05/31/05 10:51 PM

There are alot of people on the internet who dont know were they want to fish on a given day or week. Instead of doing some homework and finding out the hard way by actually going fishing, they search the net looking for the recent "hot spots" and if you happen to post a "hot spot" that same person just might end up in your spot, along with a buddy or two.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: what has happened to the BB - 05/31/05 11:23 PM

Fishmaster:

Not trying to be overly critical here, but you mention checking the board several times a day...yet, after belonging for nearly 5 years...

You only have 87 posts??????????

If you want to GET, you got to GIVE. At least that is the way I see it. I check it several times a day (OK...20 times) and enjoy participating and learning.

For the board to grow and have the kind of threads your talking about, the LURKERS need to post too...not just wait for the good info to show up.

Just a humble opinion from one who posts on occasion....and learned a TON (but I'm still a cracker!) from reading the posts of, and asking questions of the members of this board.

Mike
Posted by: OPfisher

Re: what has happened to the BB - 05/31/05 11:58 PM

too many people want to reap the benefits with out putting in the time themselves. BW- well said
Posted by: Geoduck

Re: what has happened to the BB - 06/01/05 12:26 AM

Another aspect is that the content of the site has been heavily slanted towards pro-WSR/CNR postions by the moderators. This is certainly Bob's perogative to operate this site as he sees fit. However, I think by driving away the dissenting voices, het has adversely affected the site. A lot of those pro harvest folks are intersting people with great passion for fishing that don't see eye to eye with the WSC crowd. Driving them off has killed much of the debate on this site dealing with fisheries management and science.

Those debates rage on elsewhere. Not to say I don't understand. Dealing with all the petty name calling, etc has got to get old.

Just the observations of an occasional viewer.
Posted by: DUROBOAT15

Re: what has happened to the BB - 06/01/05 12:38 AM

Well said Geoduck I think your right.
Posted by: The Moderator

Re: what has happened to the BB - 06/01/05 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ISO Chrome:

You only have 87 posts??????????
You beat me too it, Mike! Well said - for a cracker. ;\)

You get out of this board what you give.

Heck, do a search for what I have posted. Ok, fine, 90% is crap (having fun, ribbing Doc, etc ;\) ), but I'd be willing to bet I could sell a book with the 10% of the usefull stuff that I have posted here.

Do your homework. Do your searches. There are some real gems here. Like any valuable gem, they are not exposed, but hiddin (in the dirt?) Dig a little bit, and they will present themselves.

Or, just be like "the kids these days" and take the easy way out and whine and complain on this board. You *will* be treated like the way you act.

Give a lot. Give some more. Take what you see fit, or not.

Oh, and like you, I have not been fishing for crap, so the best I can do is just flip some crap at ISO and Sol! ;\) Ok, maybe Stam and Doc, too. \:D

When I do go fishing, I usually give a report, with photos, and don't care if I piss any of you off. ;\)
Posted by: nookie dreamin'

Re: what has happened to the BB - 06/01/05 02:10 AM

Regarding this thread, some of us who have not posted much simply do not have the time to do so. Being self employed, I can manage only one day a week off, and as a result, connot go scouting local rivers for so called "hot spots", as I have to do all the domestic things one must do away from the business, in addition to those things that cannot be done during business hours. That being said, many of us who ask for info are doing so out of necessity, as our time to fish is severely limited. I can only speak for myself, but, I'd much rather spend my limited time getting my line wet , as opposed to trying to find a spot that may produce fish. It's not laziness to try to glean information from others, rather, it is necessary to allow me a quality fishing experience. The joy of the hunt can be greatly exagerated.... My 2 cents..
Tight lines and bent rods! \:\)

Re: what has happened to the BB - 06/01/05 02:12 AM

Oh, gosh, I just noticed that this makes my 87th post!!!! \:D
Posted by: cupo

Re: what has happened to the BB - 06/01/05 02:37 AM

I've made choices in my life that provide me with time to fish (no kids, a job with a fishy schedule). I have no obligation to post info on the internet for every person who has chosen other priorities.
Posted by: eyeFISH

Re: what has happened to the BB - 06/01/05 02:50 AM

Quote:

You get out of this board what you give.
Helluva post, Parker. I agree with 99% of it.

It's pretty amazing how when different people look at a rose, some see the beauty of the blossom while others choose to focus on the thorns (sorry guys, had to get that eye/vision metaphor in there somehow). Take your pick.... either this is great site or it really sucks.

I too choose to believe this board is a treasure trove of good fishing info, interesting ideas, and some very generous fisherfolk who have graciously invited me to personally share in their escapades during the short year and a half that I've enjoyed this site. Perhaps the fact that I'm well on my way to becoming a "Three-peat Spawner" has something to do with it.... damn, that's a lot of posts for a relative newcomer!

Like Parker, I post just about every time I go fishing.... good or bad, I tell it like it is, pics and all. Yeah, I've been flamed by some veterans for too much "sharing". I'm OK with posting locations with generalities, but I don't post exact locations to attract the masses where I think it might be detrimental to the quality of the fishery.

On the other hand, I don't have a problem posting about a specific spot if it is well known or has already been featured in the Seattle Times fishing page for the past week with a feature photo to boot. The cat's already out of the bag.... sharing my own success isn't gonna do much more damage. Besides, everybody on this board loves a good fish pic.

Some people get flamed for a pic that is too revealing (one that shows the secret lure or the secret spot in the background, not Mingo's avatar!). Guess what? If somebody can recognize the spot from a photo, it ain't no secret, so what difference does it make? They already know.... and those that don't won't. No harm done.

Most guys chasing the hot report aren't gonna be much of a threat to the regulars at the "secret spot" anyway. They might make the day a little more crowded, but they aren't gonna put much of a dent in the actual catching. The guys that really know how to catch fish probably aren't chasing reports on this board.

So post away guys.... sure works for me. Contribute generously.... you'll get it back, and then some!
Posted by: fishindude

Re: what has happened to the BB - 06/01/05 03:14 AM

I will telly ou whats up with the BB

There are to many self indulgent weiners on the board that think they are so high and mighty at fishin. When in reality, my sister could take some of these guys to school!
Posted by: Capt Downriggin'

Re: what has happened to the BB - 06/01/05 03:15 AM

I haven't pinpointed it yet, but the atmosphere of this board has defintiely changed over the last few years.
Posted by: BennyBlack

Re: what has happened to the BB - 06/01/05 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by cupo:

I've made choices in my life that provide me with time to fish (no kids, a job with a fishy schedule). I have no obligation to post info on the internet for every person who has chosen other priorities.
Good point. Bank Walker has a good point too. You gotta wonder how people found they're money fishing spots before the internet. I know what I did.
Posted by: BW

Re: what has happened to the BB - 06/01/05 10:13 AM

I don't care about the fishing reports (I'm gona go where I'm gona go no matter what). But there used to be a lot more talk about different techniques. Now days it seems it's all just BS. Kiding around is all well and good a little less smack talk and more fishing talk would be nice. So I don't spend much time here anymore ether.

Re: what has happened to the BB - 06/01/05 10:20 AM

I got the Maine striper reports you need them \:D

Re: what has happened to the BB - 06/01/05 10:25 AM

i don't think i ever said i wanted any specifics. just a simple report like "ya there are some fish around". From reading the posts i'm not the only one that thinks this bb's content has drastically changed over the years. The reason for only having 80 something posts has to do with the crap that floats around on here. not to say there isn't anything good because there is a lot of good. But i get what you are saying i should post more. But part of the reason for such few post relates to the fact that if I were to post a report i should expect to get blasted by most on this board. I said i frequent the board a couple time a day. Those are just breif visits. I do have a life outside of this bb, unlike some of you that are on here all day long. yes it would be nice to have more time to contribute this bb and to fishing. But the fact is that most of us don't have the time. As for putting in the time, i have put in many hour in my younger days searching and looking and talking to people. i have fished on the same rivers and spots for 10 years. I'm not looking for anybody to give me there secret lure or exact spot they killed them in. and to really some it up, none of this stuff i brought up really means a hole lot as to if i go fishing or not. most of the time i'm going to go no matter if fishing is good or not. My main point was were has all the good info and threads gone. it seems that there is a lot of bickering(sp), and pointing fingers and such. By the way, everyone talks about trying to become more united as a sports fishing group, yet no one wants to give a report on how blue creek is fishing? how united are we?
Posted by: Theking

Re: what has happened to the BB - 06/01/05 10:55 AM

It's like any place in life where the same people come day after day. Cliques start to develop. There are several here. People for the most part find comfort in forming groups with like minded individuals. They are afraid to step out of their normal patterns and try something different. It's a very defined social cycle.

Re: what has happened to the BB - 06/01/05 11:17 AM

Fishmaster:

Still not sure I follow your meaning. Yes, I understand your words, but if you look over the board (archives) you will find LOTS of info that folks post.

No, not everyone will post reports, but most of the frequent posters will.

Take a look through my back posts or topics I have started. Now, look for Parkers, or Stelhhder1, or ??? From the Nooksack, Skagit to the NF Lewis to the OP rivers...LOTS of reports in the last year. You can also PM most of the guys who live on the rivers or fish them often and they will gladly share info privately. I know I have many times, and will do again.

Different boards have different personalities. I can say things here that would get edited out over on IFish. Jen has a great board, but it is moderated heavily...nice folks though, so I do post there and really enjoy the place. TONS of info there on the MC and Oregon rivers.

People change, situations change, and we all have to accomodate this in our lives. Same with this board, IMO.

You say you have had some success...where? Ocean, rivers or ?? Did you share the info or pics here recently?

Be a participant, and you will find the board much more helpful. Be a lurker and never post, and you will still get more out than you put in...

Mike
Posted by: STRIKE ZONE

Re: what has happened to the BB - 06/01/05 11:37 AM

If this board isn't doing it for ya,then go get some real good stuff like fishin & huntin news!!!!.Don't forget the Salmon trout steelheader.Good luck,
STRIKE ZONE
Posted by: Sol

Re: what has happened to the BB - 06/01/05 11:38 AM

The social climate of any BB (including this one) is alot like grade school. You've got the smart-ass kids like Parker and Stam over in the corner throwing spit-wads and cracking wise ass remarks. You've got the snot-nosed dweebs running around complaining about getting there lunch money stolen or not getting a turn on the swing. Then you've got the clueless who can't even find the playground (you decide who goes here ;\) ). The principal (Bob) is trying to maintain some disipline without being the bad guy, and then you've got the hall monitors like me, making sure everyone finds their class (posting reports) and generally modeling the student body president. \:D
Posted by: love2fish too

Re: what has happened to the BB - 06/01/05 11:39 AM

I think a lot of people are getting anxious for some fishing. I know I am.

The fishing reports will reappear when the salmon fishing opens back up in the Sound. Happened last year. Most people aren't doing much other than biding time, putting a couple of hours on the boat and jigging for lings or halibut, and looking at the calendar, with a big circle around July 1.

Wish crab were opening up today like it should be, though.

Re: what has happened to the BB - 06/01/05 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by fishindude:
I will telly ou whats up with the BB

There are to many self indulgent weiners on the board that think they are so high and mighty at fishin. When in reality, my sister could take some of these guys to school!
Gotta hand it to ya dude.... you pegged it.
Posted by: dangerous dave

Re: what has happened to the BB - 06/01/05 03:49 PM

I concur with Capt. Downriggin and that Sol_on_the Duck Dude!!!!!!!
Posted by: willametteriveroutlaw

Re: what has happened to the BB - 06/01/05 03:53 PM

I never post a river location, unless its something huge like the columbia or the willamette.
Most of the places I fish are spot specific so there for no deatiails are given, I'll share general tips. But I am not a sports writer or do i really feel like giving away things that took me months of practice to learn. Peronally many have learned the reparcussions of posting a report the hard way, even if there are only 10% who can catch fish in a given location or on a given river.. Tell 10000 people and I can guarantee there will be some new doughball anchored in your spot the day after the report. Its not fair to the people who put their time in day in and day out to fish a river, to have 50 boats show up because someone decided to talk. I don't know about the rest of you, but I find I respect places i have learned on my own over ones that are chased "hot bite" reports.

Re: what has happened to the BB - 06/01/05 05:09 PM

Heres the thing.

They're are many people that love to fish. Some people can't get out as often as other people. Due to things like work, raising a family. Those prioretys usually come over fishing, if you have your prioretys straight. So when someone finally gets a chance to get out after say a month of NOT fishing, and they know its going to be at LEAST that long before they get out, I can garuntee they are going to want to catch a fish or 2. So they post a question, sorda like this. Where is the fishing hot, what are they using? To me thats a harmless question. So they ask. Get out and fish catch one or two or twenty.

So tell me why is it that you guys can't answer a simple freakin question??

And don't say, "we don't want the crowds" and so on. Many of you guys fish so often that you have days where the rivers are packed and days where you are the only ones on the river. I think you can sacrafice a day of 1 million people to help a person catch a fish.

If you ask me, alot of you guys are pretty selfish
Posted by: VHawk.

Re: what has happened to the BB - 06/01/05 05:26 PM

Maybe with all the inflated ego's it time to see who makes a habit of keeping thier lines wet, and who just wets their pants.

All this game talk and no game. I say we have a tournament. Some centrally located big river with lots of hatchery brats. Maybe over 2-3 days. If you can't string together 2 days to fish then your not somebody who should be bragging anyways. Pictures taken with camera that shows date and time.

Winner gets to tell everyone else to shut up and fish. Entry fee is a case of Negro Modelo. Drop off entry fees at my house next week.

Vince
Posted by: wntrrn

Re: what has happened to the BB - 06/01/05 05:26 PM

Fishindude, ask a simple freakin' question and you might get a simple freakin' answer. Make generalizations about the board and you're going to get the responses you're getting right now. Some defensive and some that are with you in saying that this board is full of ego's.
I know from past experience where and when I will be fishing certain areas down to the week. And I can guarantee you that I'm not telling. On the other hand I'm not asking either. I've learned more on this BB just by looking at the pictures people have posted as to what they are catching fish on and from the background even where in a run they are hooking up.
I have work and family obligations also. I'm not going to find the answers to my questions sitting at my computer. I get more out of spending time in the outdoors and the answers I find out there are to questions I never knew I had.
This BB is like watching a movie. I just enjoy it for what it is.
Best of luck to you. If you're want a hot tip here it is. Head out to Neah Bay the first week of August and troll a cut plug herring with a couple ounces of lead. I guarantee you'll hook up. \:D
Posted by: Jerry Garcia

Re: what has happened to the BB - 06/01/05 05:40 PM

Hey vhawk29--- you forgot to post your address!
Posted by: Keta

Re: what has happened to the BB - 06/01/05 05:45 PM

This is topic #3 on the list of perpetually recycled PP topics. #1 is tribal rights/netting. #2 is snagging /flossing.
Posted by: Walkndadog

Re: what has happened to the BB - 06/01/05 05:52 PM

Here's a report....I went 2 for 3 a the Point this morning (MA11) using Hot Spot flashers and spoons. 10 & 12lbs.....everyone feel better now!

Posted by: 4Salt

Re: what has happened to the BB - 06/01/05 06:10 PM

I caught a ton of shad below Bonneville dam over the Memorial day weekend. I'd say that there fishin' is 'bout as hot as it gets...
Posted by: love2fish too

Re: what has happened to the BB - 06/01/05 06:11 PM

I do. But, I don't. It's kinda like scratching a mosquito bite.

Haven't fished down there in years. Might have to make the trip on Friday. Can't wait for July. Starting to feel sick. Cough, cough.

Just itchin to get into some fish.
Posted by: STRIKE ZONE

Re: what has happened to the BB - 06/01/05 06:13 PM

Here's another report:
Since April 17th I've only fished two day's in Washington state both day's were spent on the wind river troll fishery on May 21st & 22nd.Out of four boats and 11 guy's we caught 4 fish,it sucked.Previous to wind river I fished cabo in Mexico from the 6th of May to the 10th.The first day 7th we caught 4 durodo and a 130lb striped marlin on the 8th we caught 2 yellow fin tuna 1 sail fish and a 80lb striped marlin on the 9th we lost 2 marlin and a large wahoo,we ended up skunked for the 3rd day.Before the cabo trip I fished Cathlamet the 15th 16th & 17th of April and only caught one springer.So you can see from the past month and a half there hasn't been much goin on with this guy as far as fishin reports.I have a feeling I'm not the only one who hasn't done much lately.But in due time it will be summer run on for much of us.Good luck,
STRIKE ZONE
Posted by: wolverine

Re: what has happened to the BB - 06/01/05 06:25 PM

I've never had a problem on this board when asking for a little information. I never ask for what particular rock to stand on either! If you word your request right you'll get a few PM's from guys who are willing to help you out. Just remember to respect the info they give you and to not show up with a couple car loads of your friends.
Posted by: goforchrome

Re: what has happened to the BB - 06/01/05 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Theking:
It's like any place in life where the same people come day after day. Cliques start to develop. There are several here. People for the most part find comfort in forming groups with like minded individuals. They are afraid to step out of their normal patterns and try something different. It's a very defined social cycle.
I agree with TheKing.
There are cliques and inside jokes and some are 'in' and some desperately wish they were 'in' and some have an all-consuming drive to let everyone know they are 'in'.

It's a standard group dynamic.
Posted by: BroodBuster

Re: what has happened to the BB - 06/01/05 08:03 PM

I like the BB just the way it is. From the spirited debates to the water cooler/bathroom banter. As a new DB'er I have started a few posts on related subjects and received many responses, some of which, I have even successfully implamented!

I particularly enjoy any discussion on tackle and techniques. I did not catch a ling on a fly this year but I now have some killer flies that will catch fish in the future. Thanks to this BB. I also like the fact that many of the regular posters will occasionally drop a real golden nugget amongst all the manutia.

Just to show I too can give as well as take I will leave you all with the #1 secret to steelheading. You may want to print this out or at least make sure you write it down. If you follow this advice I guarantee you will catch more steelhead.

BE THE REPORT \:D !

Posted by: cupo

Re: what has happened to the BB - 06/01/05 08:39 PM

Quote:
Some people can't get out as often as other people. Due to things like work, raising a family...

Many of you guys fish so often that you have days where the rivers are packed and days where you are the only ones on the river. I think you can sacrafice a day of 1 million people to help a person catch a fish.

Since you're so busy, should some of us cure your bait and tie your leaders too?
Posted by: bank walker

Re: what has happened to the BB - 06/01/05 11:12 PM

Keta, you forgot Sleds
Cupo brought up a good point a while back, he chose the kind of lifestyle that affords him time on the river. The same for alot of us, many people critisize me for fishing when i should be taking care of other obligations.

The bottom line is, you chose a different lifestyle that doesnt afford alot of fishing time. Hence, the REPORTS you wish to find on here. Maybe another site is more appropriate??
Posted by: Dogfish

Re: what has happened to the BB - 06/01/05 11:20 PM

FishHamster,

Send me a PM about the river conditions in my area and I'll give you the straight scoop. Ask how the Nooch is doing on the board and I'll tell you it is "puking mud and whole trees".

Some things are better discussed off line. Areas like Sekiu, Neah Bay, the Columbia, Grays Harbor, etc, I'll let everyone know how we did. Fishing on one of the 4 "W" rivers in my neighborhood will be discussed person to person.

Yeah, my 1600 posts have gained me some unwanted attention, like my first posts to Cowfish, but I learned a lot, and met some folks. I've probably fished with 40+ people from this board, and met another 40+, due to the fact that I interact with them, not sit on the sidelines sifting for info. Sorry I haven't been around as long as you, but I have been here for 4 years and I have contributed.

For those who can't find the time to fish, sorry for you. I work 50+ hours a week, I'm in a masters program (running a 3.85 average), I have 2 kids with little league (sometimes it is 6 days a week), and I have a wife, but I still manage to get out about 4 times a month on the water. It is all how you budget your time.
Posted by: BennyBlack

Re: what has happened to the BB - 06/01/05 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Walkndadog:
Here's a report....I went 2 for 3 a the Point this morning (MA11) using Hot Spot flashers and spoons. 10 & 12lbs.....everyone feel better now!

Cool. You did better than us. Only one to the boat before it came unbuttoned. Saw a good number of fish brought in though.

Re: what has happened to the BB - 06/02/05 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by cupo:
Quote:
Some people can't get out as often as other people. Due to things like work, raising a family...

Many of you guys fish so often that you have days where the rivers are packed and days where you are the only ones on the river. I think you can sacrafice a day of 1 million people to help a person catch a fish.

Since you're so busy, should some of us cure your bait and tie your leaders too?
Thats not the point dude cupo! The point is, it was harmless question and most of you guys are so selfish you won't answer!

Re: what has happened to the BB - 06/02/05 12:53 PM

You could slam you kids in daycare and make the wife work so you can fish more . I know it works for a few people here. ;\)
Posted by: wntrrn

Re: what has happened to the BB - 06/02/05 01:21 PM

Fishingdud, you made the comment that if you don't have much time to fish and you can only get out once every month or two that it would be nice to get out and be able to catch a fish or two. To me, that is a very unrealistic expectation. If I was able to fish a couple times a week and get things dialed in then I would expect to catch a fish or two along with some skunkings.
In the situation that you described I do think your chances of catching fish are greatly reduced compared to someone who is on the water regularly. But, it is not their fault that they appropriate the time and energy to get things dialed in and I for one don't expect to be able to sit here at work and have them tell me where, when, and how! There is already too much pressure on our resources and broadcasting stuff over the internet won't help me find peace on the water.
Again, there will be plenty of opportunities this summer to catch some fish and I hope that you find a few also.

Dave

Re: what has happened to the BB - 06/02/05 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by goforchrome:
Quote:
Originally posted by Theking:
I agree with TheKing.
There are cliques and inside jokes and some are 'in' and some desperately wish they were 'in' and some have an all-consuming drive to let everyone know they are 'in'.

It's a standard group dynamic.
I agree with this assessment.

I do need to point out, however, that there are a few of us who are trying desperately NOT to be "in." Please count me as one.

That does not mean I am above passing on some info about fishing etc. Problem is I have not been out in about 2 months. But we are getting closer to salmon season...
Posted by: Sol

Re: what has happened to the BB - 06/02/05 02:03 PM

I think I'm gunna puke.
Posted by: blackmouth

Re: what has happened to the BB - 06/02/05 03:51 PM

I may be desperate, but it's not to be in our out of a clique. It's just for a little of the old in and out.

Re: what has happened to the BB - 06/02/05 05:15 PM

Stam, An admitted Buckley hillbilly answering a post from a guy named Blackmouth about the old in and out only needs dualing banjos playing in the background to be complete \:D
Posted by: Coho

Re: what has happened to the BB - 06/02/05 06:16 PM

"back in da day dont ya know" should of been here at da begining no snievling was allowed

just fish-dont need to know where just go eh

fish on
Posted by: Dan S.

Re: what has happened to the BB - 06/02/05 07:28 PM

Quote:
Oh, I get it now. Gving reports is an obligation. I was under the impression it was optional.

TK, people hang out with likeminded people because WHO would hang out with people that bug them?

Re: what has happened to the BB - 06/02/05 07:42 PM

DanS,

How do you know they bug you if you never hang out with them? I hang out with people just to see how much I can bug them sometimes ;\)
Posted by: Dan S.

Re: what has happened to the BB - 06/02/05 09:39 PM

Quote:
How do you know they bug you if you never hang out with them?
How long does it take to figure it out? ;\)

I bet you bug people plenty. \:D

Re: what has happened to the BB - 06/02/05 10:02 PM

I have striper reports \:D
Posted by: philpac33

Re: what has happened to the BB - 06/03/05 12:43 AM

fishindude- since cupo has volunteered to cure your bait and tie your leaders, i will row your boat, clean your fish, and smoke & vacuum seal them for you!! why should YOU waste YOUR time and gas looking for fish when everyone else can do it for you?? i've driven hundreds of miles in a day, scouting many different rivers, looking for fish(sure, gas was about half the price what it is now), and many times i have come up empty....all that effort has put me in a position now where i don't need to chase reports...put your time in, do some research, there's a lot of good info here...i just got back online today after two months of having my computer down and i'm hearing more whining on this thread than i hear from my 6 month old son(and yes, he has already reeled in a few fish, 2 trout and 1 bass from down the street!)...getting skunked is not a purely negative experience, learn from everything you do, keep a log, especially for those who smoke(i can pee clean anytime these days!!)

Re: what has happened to the BB - 06/03/05 01:58 AM

GUYS!

Its not an obligation, its not that I don't get out and fish. I get out and fish LOTS. Do I catch everytime? NO! I am talking for the people that won't stand up for themselves. The ones you guys beat down when they ask a simple question! I used to be in those shoes. I know what its like.

Re: what has happened to the BB - 06/03/05 10:49 AM

Stam,

I am a 5th generation Washington hillbilly I am am only sophisticated because we have been at it longer than most. \:D
Posted by: blackmouth

Re: what has happened to the BB - 06/03/05 10:54 AM

I'd rather be a living hillbilly than a dead king.
Posted by: Wader

Re: what has happened to the BB - 06/03/05 01:48 PM

Will trade legal advice for fishing trip!
Posted by: Jerry Garcia

Re: what has happened to the BB - 06/03/05 03:09 PM

Good legal advise?
Posted by: rustyhook

Re: what has happened to the BB - 06/04/05 04:49 PM

What has happened to this board was the question. Here is my answer --- Nothing it has run its course as allowed by TRBO. The board is like the rivers we fish new members arrive old ones go back to sea and do not return. Others return each year with new information and bold tales while others return and smell just as bad. The rain and snowmelt bring new life, new stories and new pics. The floods wash out some of the new and some of the old while changing the course of the board. This cycle has allowed this board to grow and become well know. This board is alive and changes everyday.

Now you ask how can I post this as I have very few posts and have been around for awhile. --- When I fisrt came to this board I was new to the Northwest and retired here after a 28+ year in the Army. I asked a few technical questions and then went to the sidelines to learn. I have booked several trips with guides and learned the methods needed to catch different types of fish. I joined PSA and became President of the GH chapter after a few years. I even had Todd as a guest speaker at our club. I have worked the booths for PSA at the shows. I have written many a letter to local, state and national reps about political issues. I have put in my time on the water, both at sea and the rivers. I have researched scouted and talked with many on the rivers and at the boat ramps. I have put in plenty of time and still have plenty to learn. I have caught many a fish and fishing is fun for me and my family.

"Nothing grows faster than a fish from the time he bites until the time he gets away."

Re: what has happened to the BB - 06/06/05 02:16 AM

Gotta agree with fishindude, ask a simple question, get flamed by the multitudes of "seasoned clique members" that have caught more fish than anyone on the planet, but cannot bear to divulge information that may allow someone with less time to spend fishing to catch a fish or two. We all make lifestyle choices, which may or may not involve a family, business, or what have you, but that to me seems like no reason to belittle anyone for asking simple questions. By the way, I tie my own leaders, cure my own eggs, and smoke & package my own catch, and by golly, pay taxes and vote like everyone else should. When looking at the content of this thread, I am left with the feeling that, for the most part, most of the posts have been tongue in cheek, while some have shown a hint of hostilty, seasoned with a touch of genuine elitism. For those that feel that this applies to them, watch out, we are coming to take a fish or two from YOU!

Re: what has happened to the BB - 06/06/05 02:21 AM

Oh my god!, post number 89!!!