Beach fishing in Seattle

Posted by: STIHLHEAD

Beach fishing in Seattle - 07/22/05 11:31 PM

Where is Richland beach? my friend heard at Gi-Joe that someone had caught a few over there. He said it is in Seattle area but I can't find it when I search. There is park or something like that over there. He is not a fisherman and doesn't know details just wanted me to know what he had heard. Is that area 10? I don't have the regs here.
Posted by: rwgav8

Re: Beach fishing in Seattle - 07/23/05 01:37 AM

could he have meant Richmond Beach?
Posted by: Steelheadman

Re: Beach fishing in Seattle - 07/23/05 02:17 AM

Richland Beach got nuked !

Posted by: seastrike

Re: Beach fishing in Seattle - 07/23/05 10:12 AM

Yup he meant Richmond Beach. It's up by Edmonds.

Re: Beach fishing in Seattle - 07/23/05 06:42 PM

RW,
that must be it. This is the only park I found in area 10 (Seattle area) that sounds like Richland. Any one has any reports to verify the Gi-Joe report? Maybe I make a trip over there except I hate to fish in town. The main reason I go fishing is to get out of town and bug the locals \:D
Posted by: Nightwatch

Re: Beach fishing in Seattle - 07/24/05 01:36 AM

Maybe he means the edmonds dock. Richmond beach is near edmonds. Try golden gardens too, I will be hitting it up soon.

Re: Beach fishing in Seattle - 07/26/05 04:28 AM

Have you ever tried Madow Point or West Point?
Posted by: SCARBOO

Re: Beach fishing in Seattle - 07/26/05 01:27 PM

I fish Richmond Beach area from my boat, and it does get alot of Coho passing by that area. Although I don't fish that close to shore 1-200 yards off, I have seen coho jumping in close so I am sure it would be good on an incoming tide.

Good Luck

SCARBOO
Posted by: seastrike

Re: Beach fishing in Seattle - 07/26/05 01:56 PM

Richmond Beach is tough to find and you would never know it's there. It's actually just like getting out of town as it's usually empty.

Yes you can catch fish from Shilshole. Go out to the pilings at Meadow Point. It's really good at a negative slack when you can wade out to the sandbar alsmost all the way to the green can.
Lincoln Park is also good (right near the Fauntleroy (sp?) ferry landing.