Puyallup and Carbon Report

Posted by: Curt45lc

Puyallup and Carbon Report - 09/27/05 12:24 AM

Hit Puyallup on both saturday and sunday with SLAMINSALMON2, silverkiller, and SK's mom.

Saturday:
Fished from 8:00am to 3:30pm on the Puyallup. I caught 3 humpies(released) around 10am and a nice 6lb hatchery silver buck(kept) at 3pm. Kyle(SLAMINSALMON2) caught 4 humpies(released) throughout the day. Brandon(silverkiller) caught zero but didn't fish very hard. Brandon's mom landed and released 3 humpies. Did best on rocket red corkies and white yarn. Hardly anyone was catching fish except humpies, only saw like 2 other silvers caught all day by a crap load of fishermen.

Saturday Evening:
After fishing the Puyallup we hit the Carbon and each caught and released over 30 humpies from 4-6pm. Brandon also C&R'ed a bronze 12lb native king.

Sunday:
Hit the Puyallup from 9:00am to 3:00pm with Kyle, Brandon, and Brandon's stepdad(Jason). I hooked and lost 2 silvers. Kyle hooked and lost 2 silvers. Brandon forgot his liscense and couldn't fish. Jason caught and released a few humpies. Very slow. After that Kyle and me went and hit the Carbon from 3:30pm to 7:00pm and Kyle C&R'ed 50 humpies and I C&R'ed 49 humpies.

Curtis
Posted by: SLAMINSALMON2

Re: Puyallup and Carbon Report - 09/27/05 03:19 PM

All fish caught on 5/0 and released at the carbon. \:D
Posted by: Dave D

Re: Puyallup and Carbon Report - 09/27/05 03:49 PM

No Carbon River report is complete without a posting of how many Mullets you counted. ;\)
Posted by: littlegoose

Re: Puyallup and Carbon Report - 09/27/05 06:32 PM

Nice report. Wish I was there. Had knee surgery Friday so won't be fishin for a few weeks but it helps to hear others are having fun.
Posted by: silverkiller

Re: Puyallup and Carbon Report - 09/27/05 08:20 PM

counted at least one cus ive got one so dont diss the mullet
Posted by: charr

Re: Puyallup and Carbon Report - 09/27/05 08:53 PM

Polomar, Knee surgery is no excuse for not fishing. I was on the river 6 days after mine.
Granted I lost several fish by not being able to move, but hey, down some narcotics and get with the program! \:D
Posted by: fish-onNW

Re: Puyallup and Carbon Report - 09/27/05 10:21 PM

Drifted the Puyallup Sunday.... counted 43 mullets, 9 upside down coffee grinders, 2 gillnetter boats barely running, 1 gillnetter boat not running... and went 6 for 8 on bright silvers
Posted by: 4Salt

Re: Puyallup and Carbon Report - 09/28/05 01:04 AM

How about the RAREST sighting of all on the Puyallup / Carbon rivers... someone who WASN'T fishing with corkies and yarn!
Posted by: Driftfish

Re: Puyallup and Carbon Report - 09/28/05 02:45 AM

Decided to take a walk up to the mouth of the carbon today and fished up about a mile nothing but a bunch of old humpies, some still clean but no silvers yet. Walked down river about 2 miles and nothing but humpies and one lost large silver but nothing to go crazy over. Fished eggs and some corkies both and the silver did take on eggs.
Posted by: fish-onNW

Re: Puyallup and Carbon Report - 09/28/05 08:48 PM

Ive hooked a couple on eggs
Posted by: KNOPHISH

Re: Puyallup and Carbon Report - 09/29/05 09:18 AM

I'll search around but is there a net schedule for the Puy somewhere? Thanx
Posted by: STRAWBERRY

Re: Puyallup and Carbon Report - 09/29/05 12:19 PM

I hope this helps.

"Puyallup River (Area 81B) Treaty Net (Ntrty net closed)

coho. Commercial fishery begin Wks 36 (wb 8/28)-Wk 42 (wb 10/9)
fishing pattern: 1,3,3,4,4,4,3.5."