Magazines?

Posted by: DiverX

Magazines? - 10/13/05 05:31 PM

Are there any good magazines on fishing the PNW? I did not see any at the airport, and I did not get a chance to go to a book store to find any of the local magazines. I'm particularly interested in the saltwater fishing for salmon and any other game fish. Are there any books that show the various techniques you guys describe here?

Sorry for the continued newbie questions. As soon as I get out there and wet a line, the learning curve will get steeper, but for now, I'm stuck in Florida mode. I figure I'll have some time between November and the spring to read and learn.

As always the help is appreciated.

Later.
Posted by: zambi

Re: Magazines? - 10/13/05 05:47 PM

I've read "Salmon, Trout, Steelheader", "Northwest Fly Fishing", and "Salmon & Steelhead Journal" and found good info in all of them. Of course, I have a lot to learn, so I guess ANY fishing magazine I pick up is going to teach me a lot \:\)
Posted by: BroodBuster

Re: Magazines? - 10/13/05 06:54 PM

Amato has lots of excellent books. Here's the link http://www.bcbooks.com/amato.html

Ditto on the magazines listed.
Posted by: bank walker

Re: Magazines? - 10/13/05 08:08 PM

I subscribe to Salmon Trout Steelheader and Salmon Steelhead Journal... Im so ashamed of myself i wont list the third one. STS and S&S Journal are both great, informative and dont completely sell out on certain locations