Getting closer to 20/zipperlip coho

Posted by: VHawk.

Getting closer to 20/zipperlip coho - 10/28/05 02:51 AM

Picked up this fish out of a school of fatties. Usually when a big school of coho swims by its my thrilling habit to hook the one dark chum running with the group. Not this time. I think its the lucky piece of indian net I use for a stringer.
Just under 18 pounds. Still gunning for 20 before the end of the season. Like a dope I pulled the hook out of another fishes mouth by lifting his head out of the water just 10 minutes before I hooked this guy. Not a bad consolation prize.
The picture doesn't do the fish justice. Maybe if I hold it out to the camera next time it'll look like its big.

Posted by: Barbless_

Re: Getting closer to 20/zipperlip coho - 10/28/05 03:07 AM

Very nice fish
Posted by: Rafterman

Re: Getting closer to 20/zipperlip coho - 10/28/05 03:07 AM

Nice fish.....Well done !!
Posted by: Kramer

Re: Getting closer to 20/zipperlip coho - 10/28/05 09:57 AM

The legend continues...

Vince, what did you pick that one up on?
Posted by: Mingo

Re: Getting closer to 20/zipperlip coho - 10/28/05 10:04 AM

Vince, I can't believe you'd post a pic of a spawned out, fungus-infested, milt-spewing, fin rotting, carpet skinned, gonad-drained, seagull-bait carp like that.......

JK, nicely done!!!!!! \:D
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Getting closer to 20/zipperlip coho - 10/28/05 10:13 AM

Nice fishie Vince! So far, I haven't even broken the 15 lb. barrier this year (on Coho) and those 20-something silver are scarce!

Mike

** Fish are like boogers...if you're not sure what to do with it you can always put it back where ya got it!
Posted by: wntrrn

Re: Getting closer to 20/zipperlip coho - 10/28/05 11:03 AM

Yep, quite the boot. ;\) Probably smoke up real good though.
Posted by: STRIKE ZONE

Re: Getting closer to 20/zipperlip coho - 10/28/05 11:15 AM

WOW,nice ho.Good luck,
STRIKE ZONE
Posted by: TBird

Re: Getting closer to 20/zipperlip coho - 10/28/05 12:10 PM

I haven't broke 20 yet this year tho I have pulled 2 fish that were 19 or just over! Gonna do my damnest to fix that this weekend tho! You post some very nice fish Vince! I guess given that I've only landed 14 silvers this fall I'm not doing too bad as all but 2 were over 12!

Re: Getting closer to 20/zipperlip coho - 10/29/05 05:54 AM

TBird sounds like you've had a spectacular season. Especially since your stuck fishing weekends. I probably catch 50% more fish then the average guy, BUT I also have 4 days off a week, and I also get lots of weekdays off. So you have way fewer days to squeeze out those monsters. Very impressive. You should post some pics. Everybody loves looking at naked fish.
I'm guessing next year should be alot better for me now that I know what I'm doing. I only landed my first coho Oct 12, 2004.

I really love the wetside of Washington. For the last 3 months everything I own is wet, and smells like fish. Bonus that my fingernails are stained double neon red on a routine basis. Must remember nitrile gloves.
Posted by: Dr. E

Re: Getting closer to 20/zipperlip coho - 10/29/05 09:03 AM

That's what I like about my scale. That is a 23 pound fish! ;\)

Re: Getting closer to 20/zipperlip coho - 10/29/05 09:09 AM

Quote:
spawned out, milt-spewing, fungus infested, fin rotting, carpet skinned, gonad-drained...
Mingo, thats how I like to feel after a good party.
Posted by: wishphish

Re: Getting closer to 20/zipperlip coho - 10/29/05 10:00 PM

You guys are hilarious! sweet fish vhawk
Posted by: TBird

Re: Getting closer to 20/zipperlip coho - 10/29/05 10:10 PM

It has been fairly decent to me so far! I believe it or not don't have any pics of but 1 fish that I have caught this year! Which consequently isn't that impressive! lol.. Usually it's so late by the time I get home they get fileted and that's about it... heh.. Got my first shot on a set of oars today on the Duc... Small pontoon boat nonetheless and at 290 lbs on a 7ft boat, it was a hell of a lot of fun! Spent more time hitting the whitewater than I did fishing but it was a lot of fun =) Looking forward to buying a driftboat now... =)