Cook Creek Launch On Satsop

Posted by: BossMan

Cook Creek Launch On Satsop - 11/11/05 11:09 PM

What are the directions to this launch?
Posted by: laterun

Re: Cook Creek Launch On Satsop - 11/12/05 12:02 AM

Go down 101 to the Brady exit (turns right across from the Fuller road to Satsop mouth). After you turn off, go right to stop sign,turn left. Go out of the little town for about a mile or so,turn a sharp right up the hill. You will go about 3 miles(est.)Look for the launch on your left. Wish I could be a little more presice, but only been by there a few times myself and not my destination. Good luck.
Posted by: baitbouncer

Re: Cook Creek Launch On Satsop - 11/12/05 01:23 AM

Ithink you use the gravel bar to launch,.....and its washed out
Posted by: fisher2

Re: Cook Creek Launch On Satsop - 11/12/05 01:23 AM

U talking about the gravel bar boat launch right above cooks or the one down river of the cliff?
Posted by: baitbouncer

Re: Cook Creek Launch On Satsop - 11/12/05 01:25 AM

just pass the creek
Posted by: Mooch

Re: Cook Creek Launch On Satsop - 11/12/05 01:37 AM

The launch is a little slide off the side of the road couple miles before Schafer Pk just before you start up the hill that crests where the big bend hole right before the old gravel bar launch. I believe the gravel bar launch is still closed. It's not a good place to turn around so go to the top of the hill swing your rig around and launch with your nose headingwest just to be on the safe side. Good luck.
Posted by: Tommyboy

Re: Cook Creek Launch On Satsop - 11/12/05 01:55 AM

East satsop road about 5.6 miles up. The gravel bar launch is closed, open to key holders only (glad I got mine) The launch at mile 5.6 is a slide launch and like mooch said, its a tough turn around. If the rivers on the drop, look for rigs you cant miss it!!