Trying for steel next week...

Posted by: DiverX

Trying for steel next week... - 12/24/05 03:21 PM

After a frenzy of holiday shopping for numero uno, I have accumulated enough gear to fish for steelhead. I supplied the state of Washington with taxes on over $400 of merchandise if anyone is interested. I bought DV's book and have been studying it. Anyway, I have the next week off, so I plan to stalk a river near a hatchery with a jig under a float. I also have a spinner (yes, only one) and some spoons.

Also, I am not above begging for a ride, so if anyone is fishing during the week and has an empty seat and a desire to watch a newbie flail the water to a froth, let me know. I'll post a report when I have some success or lack thereof.

Thanks for the advice, BTW. Happy Holidays.

Later. PC
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Trying for steel next week... - 12/24/05 11:00 PM

DiverX:

I would be happy to take you out and see if we couldn't get you into a steelhead...but not this week.

Once the river straightens out I'll be out there every Sat and Sun. You are more than welcome to come up for a day of "frothing".

Mike
Posted by: BroodBuster

Re: Trying for steel next week... - 12/25/05 02:23 AM

Diver X,

Now that you are all settled in you need to update your profile to accept "personal messages." PM's are where the real work is done on this bb! The high water has messed up some of my plans. But that's steelheading.

I'll pm you when the rivers are fishing well and I have an open seat.

Re: Trying for steel next week... - 12/30/05 04:16 PM

ISO and BB,

Thanks for the offers. I will get my PM set up and get in the "know."

I joined the Reiter Mania a couple times this week. I am impressed by the beauty of the area if you don't count the 50 guys who all had the same idea. I guess that's what happens when the spot gets published in S&S Journal. I went 0 for 1 fishing jigs. The fish count was pretty good, very pretty steel color, and I saw a bunch of limits headed to vehicles. My feet would get numb after about an hour in the water, so I spent a lot of time warming up on the bank watching the people catching fish. It was fun to be out and trying if not catching.

Later.
Posted by: Bob

Re: Trying for steel next week... - 12/30/05 04:20 PM

Only 50??? That's a quiet day \:D
Posted by: littlegoose

Re: Trying for steel next week... - 12/30/05 06:51 PM

DiverX,

$400 and no PW's (pink worms)? Better run back and spend another $2.

Re: Trying for steel next week... - 12/30/05 08:02 PM

Oh I have a pack of PW...