Pheasant?

Posted by: Dave Vedder

Pheasant? - 11/19/14 08:40 PM

Pheasant? I am accumulating a good deal of pheasant. Have made pheasant fricasee, pheasant and dumplings, and pheasant paprika. Any other suggestions?

Re: Pheasant? - 11/19/14 09:22 PM

I know this isn't much help BUT...

There is a fantastic recipe in the LL Bean Wild Game Cookboook that is incredible. The best I have found. It is listed under Chukar but works beautifully for any of the Galliforms. It starts off with browning with butter, flour and Paparika, braising in chicken stock and then spices, sherry, orange juice and wait for it...

Sour cream.

It may sound marginal but I promise it is amazing! You can serve it with rice and not only can the entire operation be done on the stovetop, it can also be completed in a single pan.

I lost my upland dog and cookbook in the divorce otherwise I'd type the whole thing out because it is just that good.

http://www.amazon.com/L-L-Bean-Game-Fish-Cookbook/dp/0394511913

Good luck Dave.
Posted by: snit

Re: Pheasant? - 11/21/14 04:50 PM

Pheasant Noodle Soup (I do it using legs/thighs. already cooked one batch this year), Pheasant Carbonara, deep fried pheasant breast strips too. Also, a casserole with fried rice, pheasant and covered in cream of mushroom/onion/chicken soup, toss in oven for 30-45 mins...very good and simple.
Posted by: Dave Vedder

Re: Pheasant? - 11/22/14 12:35 AM

Snit,

We need to get Tye and his sister hunting together some time.

BTW gonna be digggin clam tide Dec 3 and 4
Posted by: snit

Re: Pheasant? - 11/24/14 08:13 PM

I agree Dave...just need more weekends in the week!