16' McKenzie Wooden Drift Boat

Posted by: Green Drifter

16' McKenzie Wooden Drift Boat - 06/25/08 01:19 AM

For sale, newly constructed wooden McKenzie style drift boat. This is not your average 20 year old sea biscuit wooden boat(not that all 20 year old wooden boats are sea biscuits, I've seen some that are as nice as the day they were built, just not many) . This boat is a mix of newer technology with beautiful older wooden styling.

The boat is constructed completely out of VG Doug Fir, with AB marine grade panels. The exterior is completely fiberglassed with 24 oz. of glass on the bottom and four coats of graphite mixed into the epoxy (can you say slick!). The interior, gunwales and, chine’s are oiled with Sea Fin Teak oil, which is extremely simple maintenance. It also has a complete side pull anchor system with a 25 lb. anchor, Sawyer S/P Lite oars and, Sawyer Cobra oar locks.

The trailer is drift boat specific, while a little rough around the edges, it does have a new winch and strap, new LED lights, 15 inch wheels with newer tires, and Bearing Buddies.

This boat is way tougher then even I imagined it would be, I have taken it down some of the rougher rivers in the state last winter in low river flows and high water rapids. A couple of folks from here can vouch for the boats construction and ability. It has served me extremely well and the only reason I am selling it is to make room for the boat I am now building.
$3200.00
e-mail lwaage@sgacorp.com
Posted by: Brad_tgl

Re: 16' McKenzie Wooden Drift Boat - 06/25/08 01:26 AM

That's some fine craftsmanship there thumbs

Re: 16' McKenzie Wooden Drift Boat - 06/25/08 12:51 PM

Thanks for the compliment, I really poured my heart into this thing. It was a ton of fun to build, and even more to fun to row.
Posted by: seastrike

Re: 16' McKenzie Wooden Drift Boat - 06/25/08 01:08 PM

I had the pleasure of drifting down the Sauk with Leland in this boat. He did a fantastic job in constructing it and it handled the river well.
Hey Leland post the pic of your gal in the skirt fishing the Sauk....that'll sell it.

You should also sign the boat with a custom paint decal thing. If you keep building them you will get a following.

Posted by: SKYSTEELHEAD

Re: 16' McKenzie Wooden Drift Boat - 06/25/08 01:17 PM

That wooden drifter looks familiar and it's a nice boat.
I might have seen your boat on the Sky a time or two.
Posted by: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D

Re: 16' McKenzie Wooden Drift Boat - 06/25/08 01:45 PM

I've also had the pleasure of spending some time on this boat. It is a TRUE BEAUTY all around. As Green Drifter mentioned, this boat is so much more tough than you can ever imagine and, in the proper hands, can handle anything you throw at it.

The only downside is that everyone wants to come up and compliment you on the boat all day.

At this price, this thing shouldn't last long at all!

-Kaiser D.
Posted by: summerrun

Re: 16' McKenzie Wooden Drift Boat - 06/25/08 02:07 PM

id buy that boat in a heartbeat if I had the extra $, it turns heads on the river and is a solid boat
Posted by: Neal M

Re: 16' McKenzie Wooden Drift Boat - 06/25/08 02:46 PM

I have an older model of the exact same boat. It has been a great boat for about 18 years now and still tickin.
GREAT all around boat.
Neal

Re: 16' McKenzie Wooden Drift Boat - 06/26/08 05:57 PM

Thanks for all the compliments everybody!
Here's the pic of the girlfriend fishing on the Skagit in her skirt, we were taking a photographer for the Nature Conservancy down the river so she thought she should dress up.
If I don't sell the boat soon I might have to post some somewhat more revealing pics of her in the boat....we'll just have to wait and see. wink
Posted by: Dogfish

Re: 16' McKenzie Wooden Drift Boat - 06/26/08 06:59 PM

Nice woody! You have to be in one to appreciate it.

Re: 16' McKenzie Wooden Drift Boat - 07/03/08 11:44 AM

Back ttt, I hate to see it go but, I need it gone to make room for the boat I am now building. $3000.00 obo.
Posted by: Dogfish

Re: 16' McKenzie Wooden Drift Boat - 07/03/08 01:24 PM

Saw the boat last Saturday. Very nice.

Re: 16' McKenzie Wooden Drift Boat - 07/04/08 01:56 AM

Thanks man,
It was great meeting you last weekend.
Sounds like you guys had a good time at the derby, the girlfriend and I were regeting not being able to go. That damn river rose a crap ton while we where on it.

Re: 16' McKenzie Wooden Drift Boat - 07/10/08 02:25 PM

Back on up with a lower price $2800.00 obo. I need this thing gone, I am getting really close to finishing my next boat and have nowhere to store this one. Somebody throw me an offer, they might be pleasantly surprised. thumbs

Re: 16' McKenzie Wooden Drift Boat - 07/11/08 01:28 PM

bikini

I can tell you aren't in sales Leland....

Re: 16' McKenzie Wooden Drift Boat - 07/11/08 01:43 PM

Ya I know what you're saying about the salesman thing, I just don't have any room for this thing. Plus it's time to start buying hardware, trailer, oars and what not for my new boat.

Here ya go with a couple of pics thumbs
Posted by: Sol Duc

Re: 16' McKenzie Wooden Drift Boat - 07/11/08 04:51 PM

I'll take it....now about the boat, I will get back to you asap.

Re: 16' McKenzie Wooden Drift Boat - 07/18/08 03:23 PM

Someone needs to buy this beautiful boat.
Posted by: mikey b

Re: 16' McKenzie Wooden Drift Boat - 07/19/08 02:04 AM

no thanks i've had better? LOL your old lady know about these picks being on line

Re: 16' McKenzie Wooden Drift Boat - 07/20/08 04:48 PM

Really huh? let's see.
And yeah I let her know, she was a little weirded out, but after ten years nothing much surprises her anymore. Plus I told her I'd buy her something nice when the boat sold.
Posted by: Rossiman

Re: 16' McKenzie Wooden Drift Boat - 07/21/08 03:04 AM

Thats a hell of a nice looking DB you got there

Re: 16' McKenzie Wooden Drift Boat - 07/30/08 01:24 AM

Back TTT ..... effing hell....2500 obo? It needs to go

Re: 16' McKenzie Wooden Drift Boat - 07/30/08 10:54 AM

Hey Leland your beach was slow Monday night. Six rods no fish.
Lot's of hotties walking around though.

Re: 16' McKenzie Wooden Drift Boat - 07/30/08 02:45 PM

Holy Shiat, Leland, I can't believe this hasn't sold. My advice would be to take it somewhere busy (river or lake) and just start chatting it up with people. The boat and craftsmanship speaks for itself once someone sees it in person.

Someone is going to get one hell of a deal!
Posted by: summerrun

Re: 16' McKenzie Wooden Drift Boat - 08/01/08 09:11 PM

Leland, I agree with KD. It needs more exposure as that boat lights up when you see it on the water. Im going raft this winter or id be interested. Have you posted on Craigslist? Ill bet you could sell it there or get it on Ebay...good luck, cheers