Zebco Cardinal size 4 spinning reel

Posted by: Mike Hawk

Zebco Cardinal size 4 spinning reel - 10/04/08 02:42 PM

Well, the title says it all. I'm selling an oldschool Zebco Cardinal spinning reel, size 4, in good shape..... $100.00 OBO. Reply via the board or call me at 253-353-9330.
Posted by: laterun

Re: Zebco Cardinal size 4 spinning reel - 10/04/08 08:36 PM

Those were in a large demand about 6-10 years ago. I think that now you will be lucky to get 1/2 that for them. Just too many better reels out there for that kind of money, and you get a warranty. Sorry to rain on your parade, just my opinion.
Posted by: Brewer

Re: Zebco Cardinal size 4 spinning reel - 10/07/08 03:09 AM

if you check ebay these reels will go a easy 100$ these were a solid reel and still are a well repected reel to this day. the only flaw the reel had was in the spool design. the spools are where a guy can sell bigtime. my fatherinlaw has 8 reels with only 2 working spools. my older brother has 3 reels with zero spools.
Posted by: Mike Hawk

Re: Zebco Cardinal size 4 spinning reel - 10/08/08 01:21 PM

Brewer....... I may have extra spools for both the 3 and the 4. Just lettin ya know. And yeah, I know that the Cardinals are good reels. I've got about 4 or 5 of em. LATERUN........ when you can find me a spinning reel produced today that you can buy in the $100 range that'll last you 30 plus years with no major maintenance AND with a smoother drag than a Cardinal (at almost 30 years old) then I'll buy it from YOU. No biggy, just trying to earn a little fishin money.
Posted by: Brewer

Re: Zebco Cardinal size 4 spinning reel - 10/10/08 11:04 AM

mike let me know how many spools you will sell. my brither might be interested in them. your point about a 30 year old reel still working flawlessly is very correct. i've bought 4 in recent years for my two young sons. kinda like a cool retro reel to give them in coming years. i can't use them because they were a left hand only model. otherwise i'd be using them. i really like the 3 size model. theres a old timer who fishes the kalama frequently who has caught literally hundreds on one of those #3s, reel is still solid.