Lets Make a Deal...

Posted by: Twitch

Lets Make a Deal... - 07/23/09 07:58 PM

Here's the situation:

I just received a new, Abu Garcia Revo Toro 60, spooled with 15# mono.(Box, papers, oil, extra power handle, whole 9 yrds) This is the right hand model, they seem to be retailing for $240 and up.

Kicker is, I'm a lefty, so unless I do that 'rod upside down, reeling backwards' stuff... it aint gonna work for me.

SO... anyone out there got something to trade, potentials being a Toro 61, 301 Curado, 251 Calcutta... ???
Posted by: Bantam

Re: Lets Make a Deal... - 07/23/09 11:29 PM

if its new in the box take it to any store that sells them and ask if they'll trade across or call, never hurts to ask...

Re: Lets Make a Deal... - 07/23/09 11:48 PM

Brand New, no flaws.

I may try the retailer route... if I lived within a tank of diesel's drive to one. One problem with living on a river a ways from civilization...you have to make a long list of to-do's when you make the monthly trip to 'the place with lights, cars, and people'...

As you said though, its worth a shot. I'd really like to fish the dang thing, it feels great, heck of a freespool, sits good on my 9' cert pro... dang left-handedness.

I'd trade for $$ too, for purchase of lefty...
Posted by: The Moderator

Re: Lets Make a Deal... - 07/24/09 11:21 AM

I'd be interested Twitch and have plenty to trade for...except all of my reels are right-hand retrieve. frown
Posted by: hohbomb73

Re: Lets Make a Deal... - 07/24/09 07:09 PM

I doubt anyone carries them in a retail store anyway...

At least, I've never seen one and couldn't find one locally when I bought mine.

Sorry, good luck...
Posted by: The Moderator

Re: Lets Make a Deal... - 07/24/09 07:13 PM

Why is that? I've yet to personally even see a Toro 50 or 60. None of the local stores ever have them (or ever had one) when I'm in there.

Re: Lets Make a Deal... - 07/24/09 08:16 PM

Originally Posted By: parker
Why is that? I've yet to personally even see a Toro 50 or 60. None of the local stores ever have them (or ever had one) when I'm in there.

Here ya go Parker wink

Stam & Parker, let me ponder my options. I've got 2 201's already, (one old, one new) but am looking more for a low profile larger reel to match up with one of my 'nook drift rods.

OR... possibly just sell for cash, as I found a new 2 speed tuna reel I may not be able to live without thumbs

Re: Lets Make a Deal... - 07/24/09 08:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Hankster

Did you buy Stam's or are you going to spring for a new Saltist?

That be the one wink

Re: Lets Make a Deal... - 07/27/09 03:24 PM

Abu said they will swap the reel for me! So, thanks for the interest everyone, but it looks like El Toro will be staying at home.
Posted by: bankbum

Re: Lets Make a Deal... - 07/27/09 06:56 PM

outdoor emplorium has the toro's now.