Hunters - Lake Roosevelt Late February

Posted by: kraig44221

Hunters - Lake Roosevelt Late February - 02/06/07 12:22 PM

Hi
I am going fishing and camping for a weekend at the end of February. We are going to Hunters campground on lake Roosevelt. We don't have a boat so we will be shore fishing and I was wondering if it is decent in this area at this time of year and what bait we should be using? Mostly going for walleye, trout.
Posted by: Jay S

Re: Hunters - Lake Roosevelt Late February - 02/06/07 01:09 PM

hi
My grandpa and I fish a few miles below hunters and always do fairly well from shore. We mostly catch trout but there has been an occasional walleye pulled out. A few years ago my grandpas fishing buddy caught a 16 lb walleye so i guess its the luck of the draw. the fishing is better if the water is low. You dont need to cast out to far. The avarage size fish is between 18 -24 inches and great fighters .We always stick to good old mellows and worms. Try at night for the walleys i heard theres a better bite and might even catch some fresh water lings. Im sure you guys will have some success. Good luck.
Posted by: kraig44221

Re: Hunters - Lake Roosevelt Late February - 02/06/07 02:00 PM

Thanks alot. We go to Roosevelt quite a bit in summer but usually a little farther north around Gifford and my buddy brings his boat but he won't be around that weekend so we are boatless!
Posted by: Jay S

Re: Hunters - Lake Roosevelt Late February - 02/06/07 04:25 PM

ur welcome.