A good Steelhead Guide

Posted by: Jay S

A good Steelhead Guide - 02/06/07 04:30 PM

Hi
Can any one recommend a good steelhead guide for eastern washington or idaho. My buddy and I are dying to catch one but have not had any sucess so we figure its time to pay to play and learn the ropes. Thanks.
Posted by: D3Smartie

Re: A good Steelhead Guide - 02/06/07 06:06 PM

which rivers? what time of year? fly fishing or gear?
Posted by: Jay S

Re: A good Steelhead Guide - 02/06/07 06:24 PM

any river on the eastside for now. When the fishing is good.Gear havent learned 2 fly yet. P.s. didnt you know its impolite to answer a question with a question just kiddin. Can you help me out? thanks
Posted by: j 7

Re: A good Steelhead Guide - 02/09/07 05:06 PM

hey Jay S I heard a advertisement on the radio for a steelhead trip that offered lunch and few other amenities. Try Beamers Hells Canyon tours. Not sure if they have a website or not. I live down here in Clarkston and have heard people doing all right in the upper clearwater. I see guys on the Snake every weekend but I dont if they are doing any good. I went out for a couple of hours the other day and all I caught was I license check from the game warden. Steelies taper off in november around here, but there are a few still hanging around (hundred or so over the dam in a week). You might want to investigate fishing the Grande Rhonde this time of year.
Posted by: cowlitzkiller

Re: A good Steelhead Guide - 03/10/07 09:49 PM

the grande rhonde is great right now will in turms of over there i love that river
Posted by: summerrun

Re: A good Steelhead Guide - 03/12/07 12:11 AM

mike kelly is a highly thought of guide over there. think it is Hells Anglers...but google him and you should find him