anybody hit lone or pass lakes lately?

Posted by: summerrun

anybody hit lone or pass lakes lately? - 03/12/07 12:14 AM

rivers are blown again so i need to get out and hook some bows/browns etc...any reports? cheers
Posted by: Knucklebustersonly

Re: anybody hit lone or pass lakes lately? - 03/12/07 12:58 AM

Lone has been red hot. Shhh don't tell anyone. Seriously I've had some great days out there in the past 3 weeks.

I'm using spinning gear, what about you? Fly or spinning?

Lemme know what your using so I can help you out....

Re: anybody hit lone or pass lakes lately? - 03/12/07 05:56 PM

fly, have done well with dark wooleys out there in the past...thx for update

Re: anybody hit lone or pass lakes lately? - 03/12/07 09:13 PM

I can't help you much about the fly fishing stuff but all I can say is that it's good fishing and I'm hoping to get out there this weekend....
Posted by: fishpinner

Re: anybody hit lone or pass lakes lately? - 03/15/07 10:52 AM

For any lurkers reading this, I just want to let you know only artificial lures or flies with single barbless hooks are allowed on Lone Lake (NO POWERBAIT). Also, the minimum size to keep trout is 18", and the limit is one per day, but most people who fish there release their fish. Game wardens come by regularly and the locals keep a close watch as well, so it would be advisable to play by the rules. Good luck and tight lines.

Re: anybody hit lone or pass lakes lately? - 03/16/07 12:05 AM

Thanks fishspinner....I should have mentioned that...

If you try and use powerbait, you'll get caught...There are always tons of guys around there who literally will take down your license plate # if the warden doesn't roll around, but I see them there almost 50% of the time...And the locals have NO PROBLEM at all coming up to you and telling you to get off the lake if your using powerbait. Myself included...

Re: anybody hit lone or pass lakes lately? - 03/18/07 05:51 PM

going to hit it later this week along with pass, will give you an update when I return.
Posted by: fishpinner

Re: anybody hit lone or pass lakes lately? - 03/18/07 07:51 PM

good luck summerrun.

Re: anybody hit lone or pass lakes lately? - 03/18/07 11:00 PM

Just got back from a mornings worth of fishing...Nine bow's all about 15-16 inches off a red F4 Flatfish