Sammamish Newbie

Posted by: kbromer

Sammamish Newbie - 03/31/07 07:29 PM

Hey all-

I'm new to the NW area having just come from N. Virginia/DC area where I used to fish the Shanandoah around Front Royal and the Upper Potomac (for those familiar...) for smallmouth.

Anyway, I have a friend coming into town this weekend from back east, and we were thinking of heading out to Sammamish for the day on Sunday 4/7 or Monday 4/8. I was wondering if anybody had any recommendations, and, more importantly, if anybody knew where the best place might be to rent a small bassboat for the day? I've trolled the internet and have my handy copy of the Washington State Fishing Guide, but nothing beats asking the locals directly ;\)

Thanks in advance for your help!
Kevin
Posted by: Mike C

Re: Sammamish Newbie - 03/31/07 09:38 PM

I don't know of any place you could rent a a small bassboat, perhaps a pontoon boat. There is a place in Seattle that rents, unfortunately I can't think of the name off hand. If you did a google search under whitewater raft rentals Seattle it should show up.
Posted by: skeeter bassin

Re: Sammamish Newbie - 03/31/07 09:48 PM

Sammamish will be really busy both days due to a tournament going on. Saturday will be the busiest day with about 35 tournament boats on the lake, Sunday will be a little less, probably about 20 tournament boats. Hopefully good fishing. We will have to keep our fingers crossed for that. Seems to have been fairly slow there for the last month.