Lake Newman Crappie

Posted by: Rob1

Lake Newman Crappie - 04/14/07 11:21 PM

Went out Friday to see if the crappie were up yet. Yup, caught 21 coulda cought alot more but wasn't greedy. I you like fried crappie this is the time of year to get a bunch. they seem to be plentiful. I don't think many people fish for them. I store mine in a foodsaver, they last alot longer. They are alot of fun to catch on ultra light tackle too. Taking the wife with me tomorrow afternoon. A small jig under a bobber does the trick, I was using chartruse color.
Posted by: N W Panhandler

Re: Lake Newman Crappie - 04/14/07 11:35 PM

any size to the crappie? long drive for me, but guess i could fish more than one day, and spend some time with brother in law.

Re: Lake Newman Crappie - 04/15/07 12:06 AM

8"-10" not real big but they fillet up nice. In 2'-4' of water around structure.
Posted by: mossygo

Re: Lake Newman Crappie - 04/15/07 07:44 PM

why isn't newman lake listed in the fishing regs? I want to go tomorrow but can't find the rules
Posted by: mreyns_tgl

Re: Lake Newman Crappie - 04/15/07 07:59 PM

if it isnt listed go to the statewide general rules for washington lakes

Re: Lake Newman Crappie - 04/16/07 09:30 PM

No size or limit : )
Posted by: mossygo

Re: Lake Newman Crappie - 04/16/07 11:38 PM

okay, gotcha. I had a brain fart

Re: Lake Newman Crappie - 04/22/07 12:06 PM

Went out to Newman again yesterday. The crappie are still up. The wife and me caught 19, with one about 1 1/2 lbs. We ran into some bass fisherman on the way in. These guys were extreme, they told me the weight down to tenths of everyones big fish. There were 4 of them fishing out of a sweet Ranger. They informed me that they were catching them around docks and a big hump somewhere in the lake. They were using lipless crank baits and jig and pig combo's. Really nice guys.