Good Small Lakes in Pierce Co??

Posted by: PointnoPoint

Good Small Lakes in Pierce Co?? - 05/03/01 03:18 PM

What are some good small lakes to fish in Pierce Co? I am just a basic worm fishing kinda fisherman, and i was just wondering which lakes are productive. Thank you
Posted by: Micro Brew

Re: Good Small Lakes in Pierce Co?? - 05/03/01 03:48 PM

There are a number of lakes you might want to check out: American, Bay Lake over on Key Peninsula - no dock and not much shore to fish from, Ohop, Rapjohn, Silver - this is nice to hit in the fall with dry flies for the browns, Tanwax. There are many others but these are some of the bigger names.
Posted by: sinker

Re: Good Small Lakes in Pierce Co?? - 05/04/01 06:56 AM

not a real small lake, but last spring when Alder was full I hammered the brown bullheads at night. Most people think of them as a junk fish. Let me tell you, fillet these babies up, roll 'em in bread crumbs, fry them with a little Johny's seasoning on them. MMMM good eats.
This was from the bank too.
One other thing, never have even felt a breeze when fishing at night.

[ 05-04-2001: Message edited by: sinker ]
Posted by: BASSER

Re: Good Small Lakes in Pierce Co?? - 05/04/01 08:32 PM

I need more info what when where ect. tasteeeeee fish I like to give mine some cajun flare those cats will probably be the only thing left in that lake after the water shortage eek
Posted by: Just Fishing

Re: Good Small Lakes in Pierce Co?? - 05/04/01 09:37 PM

Go to the Topo Maps on the left side under Features. You will find alot of lakes that you can fish from the banks.

C&R unless your hungry
Posted by: Theresa

Re: Good Small Lakes in Pierce Co?? - 05/06/01 04:36 AM

Lake Steilicoom is a good lake, also. I've lots of luck there catching Kokanee & Largemouths. cool
Posted by: sinker

Re: Good Small Lakes in Pierce Co?? - 05/10/01 02:41 AM

on cooking those junk fish catfish that I love to eat. I've heard if you take Fritos and crunch them up that it makes a good breading. Haven't tried it yet but I've got a feeling that the BBQ Fritos would be better.