Nail polish?

Posted by: Trout Master

Nail polish? - 05/03/01 04:48 PM

Oh great Zen Leecher did I see that you use nail polish? I hope there are no panty hose inside the wadders! shocked
Posted by: Zen Leecher aka Bill W

Re: Nail polish? - 05/03/01 04:54 PM

mad mad

The nail polish is to protect the flashabou bodies on my beadhead chronies.

Pantyhose??? Nope.... nothing under my waders other than wet pants and wet socks. Waders have a hole in them somewhere.

Zen has taught me patience to put up with the leak.

To answer your other question, I bought some half and half corkies down at Outdoor Emporium. Sometimes I slide a corkie on my leader, pin it with a toothpick, and use it as an indicator. I bought 15 that look like teeny little red and white bobbers.
Posted by: Trout Master

Re: Nail polish? - 05/03/01 05:08 PM

You still have nto answered my ??? what is a bobber??????????? I bet Micro Brew knows! cool
Posted by: Micro Brew

Re: Nail polish? - 05/03/01 06:28 PM

Micro knows, but he ain't talkin. The finger nail polish really does work well, plus it give the chronie a nice shine. I have used a copper wire chronie at Lenore which worked very well, 2 - 3' below visual depth adjuster. laugh
Posted by: Zen Leecher aka Bill W

Re: Nail polish? - 05/03/01 06:33 PM

Micro Brew,

What color copper wire did you use? I tried the red wire and had good luck with it... then last weekend tied up some in green, but on Sunday the weather didn't look all that inviting, so I didn't fish.

I was using the red wire ones on a two fly rig with it being the bottom fly. I got too many tangles that way and that's when I thought to tie (or wrap) up some green bodied ones to use as the upper fly.
Posted by: Micro Brew

Re: Nail polish? - 05/04/01 10:26 AM

Straight copper color, no coloring. I know all too well about those two fly tangles. Plus I really hate to cut up that fluorocarbon leader....