kinda quiet w/o Trout Master

Posted by: Zen Leecher aka Bill W

kinda quiet w/o Trout Master - 06/18/01 05:15 PM

Board's been kinda quiet now that Trout Master has to work for a living.

I'd think that MicroBrew would pick up the slack for him.
Posted by: Micro Brew

Re: kinda quiet w/o Trout Master - 06/18/01 05:48 PM

MB Can't quite come up with all the banter that TM was able to generate. Besides, MB has been rather busy with graduating kids and work, yes work. Haven't been fishing for two weeks, but plan to hit anything I can this weekend. Sounds like ZL had a good trip up north, eh? I'm always afraid to cross the border, not sure that they will always let me back in the U.S..... Too bad the specially tied flies didn't do the trick this time, but at least you had something that worked. Great that you got to see the bears and the moose.

I'd still like to hit the water with the Zen Master one of these days.....OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Re: kinda quiet w/o Trout Master - 06/18/01 05:58 PM

MB,

You're very polite in classing Trout Master's output as "banter". I think you have a couple of the letters right.. but it's called something else.

The Mrs. Zen Leecher is suggesting I don't go fishing for a while and perform some home projects. One (or two) of them I'm not looking forward to because of the effort and price. I have to replace some siding that has wet rot and it's behind my deck. So.. I have to tear the deck down to get behind it and it doesn't look like I'll be able to salvage the deck. So.. I need a new deck.

I've been looking at the temps over east of the mountains and thought they were cool enough to warrant one more trip to the seeps. But it's kinda hard to slip out the door with the Mrs standing there, arms crossed tapping her toes by the doorway. Even the Zen Leecher is wise enough to read those subtle signals.

I did get to test out my Clousers up in BC and thought they looked good in the water. Only got one hit and one good follow using them.... but thought it was the wrong time for using them.

The fly shops up in BC sell seal fur and polar bear hair. I almost weakened and bought some polar bear hair, but figured the bucktails I used for the Clousers was good enough.
Posted by: FishnfellaS

Re: kinda quiet w/o Trout Master - 06/18/01 06:29 PM

Zen,Zen,Zen: you shoulda got the polar bear while you had the chance. Nothing like it's
transluscense in the water with bucktail. Would have made those clousers all the more realistic. rolleyes

Re: kinda quiet w/o Trout Master - 06/18/01 07:17 PM

Ron,

It will give me something to look forward to for my next BC trip.

Did you get my message on the cheap Cortland lines up there?

My guess is I paid under $31 US for a clear camo intermediate.
Posted by: BASSER

Re: kinda quiet w/o Trout Master - 06/19/01 01:35 AM

I was beging to think that the big one got away and took Trout Master with him. wink
So he had to get a real job, that sucks!

Oh Well! this work thing is getting in the way of my fishing too.

I'm working with my creditors and trying to get them to accept fish as pament,no luck yet