Bass...Big Ones

Posted by: 404 Error*File Not Found

Bass...Big Ones - 07/19/01 03:50 PM

Hey...I live near a private lake in BC that has Bass in it...largemouths.There is one bass that is about 8 pounds and it is never stopped as in it is always moving around.
Now...my brother pulled a 5 pounder out of this 2 acre lake on a plastic worm but we cant get that big one to hit.
We have tried Countdowns.Rattlin' Rapalas,
Rat'l Trap,Spinnerbaits,Worms...what would be the best lure for this bass to hit?
Thanx
Posted by: BASSER

Re: Bass...Big Ones - 07/19/01 08:17 PM

It's probably not your bait.
Most likely the bass has seen you. eek
Try to spot the big fish and then move down the shore line 50 yards or so. Have your bait in the water twitching (soft plastic) when the fish comes by, stay low no bright clothing. wink

Big bass don't get big by being dumb laugh

FISH ON
Posted by: RipDatLip

Re: Bass...Big Ones - 07/19/01 11:41 PM

I know just the trick. Don't waste your time on plastics, or lures, or anything artificial. Go catch yourself a live frog, salamander, crawdad, or fish. I don't know the rules in Canada, but it sure works good here. It is the only thing that the big bass would look at on our private lake. But, if live bait is not allowed then I would suggest using a lure that resembles a frog, duck, or rat. If you want to fish the bottom then try a jig with a trailer. Like already posted, keep hidden from the fish. Also try fishing before dawn to a little after. And before dusk to night. Some night fishing with a top water can be awesome. Give it a try. let me know how it goes.
Matt
Posted by: Dogfish

Re: Bass...Big Ones - 07/20/01 12:11 AM

Hula popper or jitterbug at night can be a lot of fun. It will also freak you out when even a little bass makes a big splash and hit when you can't see all that well.
Posted by: Stevenbhow

Re: Bass...Big Ones - 08/17/01 06:57 PM

Or better yet try using as fly rod with either a popper, deer hair mouse, or a big leech, if this spooks the bass try flurocarbon, and a small nymph or dry fly.
good luck.