Walleye Guides for Columbia

Posted by: Texas Fling

Walleye Guides for Columbia - 01/28/02 10:03 PM

I'm thinking of taking a chartered Walleye trip this coming spring, on the Upper Columbia, by Spokane River, possilby. Has anyone taken any? Does anyone have any recommendations? Any help would be much appreciated. smile
Posted by: Mike C

Re: Walleye Guides for Columbia - 01/29/02 11:49 PM

Guide Mike Carney guides walleye on the Columbia although not the exact area you mentioned. He can be reached at hotfishinwiz@attbi.com
He has a web site on WashingtonLakes.com, check out the Whatcom Lake reports section and click on his banner.

Re: Walleye Guides for Columbia - 01/30/02 12:30 AM

Hey thanks MikeC. appriciate the reply.
Posted by: kjackson

Re: Walleye Guides for Columbia - 01/30/02 12:48 PM

A buddy of mine is a guide in that specific area. He's a tournament walleye fisherman (and he's won the Governor's Cup tourney in that water), and a good stick. Of course, I'm prejudiced as I taught him every thing he knows!

The Columbia in that area is part of Lake Roosevelt, the largest impoundment in the state. It's full of walleyes, mostly on the small side, with some real hawgs thrown in. John Carruth, my friend, caught one that was just a shade under 17 pounds. The fun thing about the way John fishes in that area is that he uses relatively light gear-- you'll be fishing with spinning rods, casting jigs, and catching fish.

Not only do you have a good shot at walleyes, but you'll also stand a reasonably good chance at some decent smallmouth fishing and will probably hook a rainbow or two in the three-to-four pound size range.

Even if John wasn't a friend, I'd recommend him to anyone who was interested in fishing that stretch of river as he's one of the best in that area and very honest. He's also plugged into the fishing in the area in general, and if the walleye fishing is better elsewhere, he'll offer that option.

John's phone number is: (509)725-2545.
Posted by: Fishboy5

Re: Walleye Guides for Columbia - 01/30/02 05:27 PM

Texas Fling, where did you get your name. Does it mean that you fling line in Texas, or your a fling from Texas? laugh

Re: Walleye Guides for Columbia - 01/31/02 12:36 AM

Lets see Texas Fling is all of that. Had a fling. I'm from Texas & did fling a few lines out in East Texas & the Gulf of Mexico. :p