fishing king county

Posted by: newbiefishy

fishing king county - 03/04/02 07:41 PM

Hey i was just wondering if anybody knows of any decent lakes to fish at in the month of march ...in king county? Kinda new to the fishing scene so any advive would also be helpful to me. Also I was wondering if anybody ever went fishing at Deep lake or Bass lake near black diamond?..Thanks..
Posted by: Easy Limits

Re: fishing king county - 03/05/02 03:06 PM

Check out the HOME page of this site www.washingtonlakes.com for a complete list of King County lakes.

Check your regs to figure out which lakes are open right now. A lot of KC lakes are seasonal. frown
Posted by: newbiefishy

Re: fishing king county - 03/05/02 06:01 PM

Thanks but i've already seen that webpage. There's so many lakes on that page that i don't really know which one to go to . I live in fed/way so I'd like to find a lake near there other than lake washington. I was hoping somebody can give me advice about a lake that's away from the cities that has decent sized fish in it.... But thanks anyways
Posted by: Chromeo

Re: fishing king county - 03/05/02 06:28 PM

I sent you a private message
tyler
Posted by: Mike C

Re: fishing king county - 03/05/02 10:53 PM

Yikes! Too many lakes listed? Now that's a first wink I know it's not what you asked for but for big trout you can't go wrong on Lake Washington or Lake Sammamish.
Posted by: Easy Limits

Re: fishing king county - 03/06/02 09:31 AM

Try Lake Meridian! I know it has some big 'BOWS and it is year round.
Posted by: Old Man

Re: fishing king county - 03/06/02 11:31 AM

Buy a map and check out the lakes by yourself. That way you will learn how to get to them.
Posted by: Dogfish

Re: fishing king county - 03/06/02 02:46 PM

My favorite map is the "Washington Atlas and Gazzetteer". It is actually a book of maps and is quite handy. Not a great amount of detail, but enough to certainly find your way around some areas. I use mine to mark the GMU boudaries and special hunt areas. It is 15 years old, and it looks it.

Always did good in Green Lake in Seattle. I know that is north of you, but it did produce for me regularly.
Posted by: Fishslayer75

Re: fishing king county - 03/06/02 04:37 PM

You can also hit up steel lake, its right by your place and gets a yearly stock. I don't think it opens til apr. I have fished it before and nailed a few hold-overs. E-mail me for details.
Posted by: Old Man

Re: fishing king county - 03/06/02 05:06 PM

I have all kinds of maps. That's how you find all of the out of the way places. If I really get desperate, I use the maps on Yahoo. It helped me find places in Chicago a few years ago. Jim