LAke washington trouw

Posted by: Bait Bum

LAke washington trouw - 03/20/02 11:23 PM

I've heard alot about lake washington trout and it seems their are some nice ones. My only question is how and where do you catch them if you dont have a boat.
Posted by: Mike C

Re: LAke washington trouw - 03/20/02 11:28 PM

Hi Bait Bum,
There are many places all around the lake you can fish from shore. The west side of the lake has a long stretch of shoreline from a couple miles above Seward park and souht of the park. There are all kinds of piers you can fish from in that area as well.
Catching methods depend on your preferences, but certainly if your moniker indicates your fishing style, you can't go wrong with power bait or worms. Casting small spinners should be pretty effective as well from the shoreline.
Good luck!
Posted by: TRAUT

Re: LAke washington trouw - 03/21/02 12:02 PM

A little closer to Coal Creek, there is a nice public fishing dock north of the Coulon Park, also at Enatai Beach just under the East Channel I-90 bridge there is a dock you can fish from. To get to Enatai, from I-90, go north on Bellevue Way and turn left at the first signal light, just past the Park and Ride. Go up over the hill and down the other side to get to the dock. A slip sinker rig with bait works well from a dock. After your bait reaches the bottom, give the line just enough slack to take the pressure off the rod tip. Watch the rod tip, when a trout picks up the bait, the line will slip through the sinker and the rod tip will signal the bite. Make sure to have enough slack in the line so that any waves from passing boats won't jiggle the rod tip giving you a false alarm. Also remember to buy your new fishing license if you didn't yet. GOOD LUCK!