BAss Fishing

Posted by: Bait Bum

BAss Fishing - 05/10/02 01:37 AM

I'm pretty new to bass fishing and i'm pretty lost as to what lures i should use. I'm interested as to what local anglers use. Information and tactics for catching 12 pound bass in california with twelve inch plastic worms will probably be not very useful laugh . Thanx for your help.
Posted by: BASSER

Re: BAss Fishing - 05/10/02 04:32 AM

Small plastics in natural colors.
tubes work for me rain or shine.
Posted by: Jigman

Re: BAss Fishing - 05/10/02 10:23 PM

Tubes are definitly a winner, other baits I use are a jig&pig, Slug-go (rainbow trout color),floating worm and a drop shot. Put 5 int he boat today, 4 on the jig & pig and 1 on the slug-go.
Posted by: ROCKFISH

Re: BAss Fishing - 05/10/02 10:42 PM

drop shots in 3.5 inch finesse baits have landed me 5 bass over 3 lbs in 2 days. these largemouth over on the kitsap penninsula cant resist it. now the hard part is finding the right baits. small and earth tone.
Posted by: Bait Bum

Re: BAss Fishing - 05/11/02 02:45 AM

Does any body use plugs? if so what models/sizes do you use.
Posted by: philpac33

Re: BAss Fishing - 05/12/02 12:37 AM

caught four yesterday over 4 lbs. and several 1-2 pounders, mostly on rattlin lipless crankbait and a few jig and pig.
Posted by: Metalhead Mojo

Re: BAss Fishing - 05/12/02 02:02 AM

for bass fishing, im using jigs or rapalas most of the time. together, these will cover 99% of the types of cover/structure that hold bass. for jigs, add plastics or pork rind or whatever your favorite to give it body and slow it down...overall, i think jigs will catch more bass than any other bait.